The Jobs Report, and America’s Two Ec...

The Jobs Report, and America’s Two Economies

There are 3 comments on the robertreich.org story from Feb 4, 2011, titled The Jobs Report, and America’s Two Economies. In it, robertreich.org reports that:

At a time when corporate profits are through the roof, the Dow is flirting with 12,000, Wall Street paychecks are fat again, and big corporations are sitting on more than $1 trillion in cash, you’d expect jobs be coming back. But you’d be wrong.

The U.S. economy added just 36,000 jobs in January, according to today’s report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Remember, 125,000 are needed just to keep up with the increase in the population of Americans wanting and needing work. And 300,000 a month are needed — continuously, for five years — if we’re to get back to anything like the employment we had before the Great Recession.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at robertreich.org.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 4, 2011
Obama is like a hot wine enema. Sparkling wine. He gives people shivers up the leg but in the end, he's just a bunch of crap.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 4, 2011
To spend this much money to get such meager results is criminal. It's what created the TEA party. Sadly, the union workers who elect these skells to get them their benefits will be left holding the bag when their pensions and health benefits are dissolved in the coming wave of municipal bankruptcies. I love cops, but when you see some of these yokel sheriffs running around with more gold stars than the joint chiefs, it doesn't take a harvard economist to see we're headed for a reckoning. It sucks, but the party's over.
AmberDru

Dublin, OH

#3 Feb 5, 2011
Yet Reich wants to import more foreign labor- especially poor uneducated labor.

If native born high school dropouts are a net drain on taxpayers through what mental gymnastics can he decide that non English speaking high school dropouts are good?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tumblr Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you're a democrat and not vegan, you're a hy... Aug 8 Ltactics1 1
View all replies to post on blog Jul 31 catastrophelinggood 1
Finger print and passcode gone Jun '17 Smiddyo 1
K.k dom needed (Feb '17) May '17 Jp gordon 2
Block May '17 informaysean 1
Tumblr - FREE Promotions | Bot | 500 Followers ... (Jul '14) Mar '17 des 46
how to exit the side window that appears in tumblr Mar '17 My_Collective_Con... 1
More from around the web