Tumbler Settings Not Working

Tumbler Settings Not Working

Posted in the Tumblr Forum

Aranea

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1 Apr 15, 2013
Hi, everyone. I sometimes alter the code for my tumblr theme for design and functionality, and this time I added the following code:

function Pulsate(){
$("p").animate({colo r: "red"}, 1000);
$("p").animate({colo r: "#000"}, 1000);
}
var intervalKey = setInterval(Pulsate, 60);

What this is supposed to do is turn the color of a paragraph red, then black. The 'setInterval' is supposed to keep the paragraph alternating between red and black creating a kind of pulsating effect.

The code works, however when I applied it to my tumblr theme, I got an 'Invalid HTML' on the top right where it should say 'Preview Code' or something like that.

Now the problem is when I open the 'Edit HTML' section of my theme, the page hangs and I have to eventually kill the page as it never loads.(I'm using Google Chrome, the same happens in all other browsers such as Firefox).

I believe the problem is the 'setInterval'; it might be a running loop or something, I'm not certain.

The problem now is that I can't get into the HTML of my theme, so I'm wondering if there's a solution to this, how can I get back into code?

Note: I've tried disabling javascript on Chrome since it's the javascript that's running and making everything hang.

Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tumblr Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tumblr - FREE Promotions | Bot | 500 Followers ... (Jul '14) Apr 27 aswizzzlee 30
Randomize Post Order? Apr 19 zaaroent 1
(((1844+807+7119)))Mcafee tech Support Number +... Apr 4 maineeru321 1
{{{((1844$$807$$7119))Norton tech Support Numbe... Apr 4 maineeru321 1
How to point on a specific tagged page on html ... Apr '16 RedKorrida 1
want tumblr followers? (Aug '12) Apr '16 Sammythesucker 290
Why does Western Europe suffer from self-hatred? Mar '16 DRK010 1
More from around the web