Fish oil benefits in pregnancy discou...

Fish oil benefits in pregnancy discounted

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 19, 2010, titled Fish oil benefits in pregnancy discounted. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Claims touting a component of fish oil as a mood enhancer and a spur to infant brain development may be a bit suspicious, a new study suggests.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Yeah right

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Oct 20, 2010
Are these the same people that say milk causes cancer (not the processing that milk goes through of course) and that margarine is better for you than better when better has natural beneficial ingredients (the good kind of fat, just limit yourself) and the same people that say eggs are not good for you when in fact eggs contain the "good" cholesterol. Fish oil is good for you whether you are pregnant or not as long as it doesn't come from fish that contain mercury. There are good fats that are essential to our brains and hearts and fish oil is one of them. Ask any cardiologist.
Mary

Prescott, WI

#2 Oct 20, 2010
I'd guess that the people who did this last survey were funded by big-pharma - thus their recommendation that mothers go on anti-depressants.
I'll trust my nutritionist over drug companies, any day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuesday Morning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lancaster toddler drowns in backyard pool (Mar '08) Apr '15 Adjex 4
News Sal Mena Jr. may plead guilty (Feb '09) Dec '13 Corrupt Judge 8
News Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last ... (Feb '08) Nov '13 Russell Dow Sister 26
News Hershey to close main plant (Jun '10) Jun '13 What Up wit dat 67
News Welcome Chad Evans to WLFI (Aug '10) Apr '13 Herman 5
News Former employee sues Daystar over affair (Dec '10) Sep '12 buck 2
News Tuesday Morning ex-CEO says fired after breast ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 cris in oregon 1
More from around the web