Man accused of smuggling guns heads Ju rez charity

Full story: El Paso Times 24
One of the men caught in El Paso trying to smuggle a .50-caliber semiautomatic rifle and other weapons into Mexico last week is the CEO of a religious charity, officials with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
elp915

Austin, TX

#1 Mar 26, 2008
It use to be the cross and the sword now it's coke and a AK47
canalesb

United States

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Its a good cover.....whats next....
Clean-Up Hitter

Plainview, TX

#3 Mar 26, 2008
Convince the world you're a do-gooder and you can get away with anything.
marebare

Aubrey, TX

#4 Mar 26, 2008
Well the ministry there does a lot of good! I don't know why in the world this happened, but there are many people involved with that ministry that are trying to serve others and bring them to Jesus Christ!
TRL

United States

#5 Mar 26, 2008
Im sure there are many people involved, and to smuggle guns is one sure way to bring people to Jesus.
Louie Alvarado

Portland, OR

#6 Mar 26, 2008
Holy AK47! Wondering how much money the CEO has raised doing his charitable duplicity. Reminds me of the police officer from Coahuila State caught in Florida with stash of drugs and huge amount of cash. Stash and Cash. Wonder also for which drug cartel this cop and CEO are working for?
ann

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Mar 27, 2008
This is a horribly sad situation that is being sensationalized in the media. What a great story it makes to sell papers!! A truly good man (whose shoes none of us have stood in), made a series of bad mistakes. He is not associated with drugs/drug cartel. We need to be very careful what we assume when we read misguided reports in newspapers who are trying just as hard as anyone else to make money....
Jaime Herrera

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 27, 2008
Are these wolves in sheep's clothing or just sheep caught up in sinister plots because of some weakness in their character? Only God knows. None of us are immune.
Disgusted

Anniston, AL

#9 Mar 27, 2008
He a Mexican Citizen should have let him thru our Check Point and notified the Mexicans Authorities before he reached their Check Point and let them deal with him for bring weapons into Mexico

As it is we will waste a lot of money trying him in Court and if convicted keeping him in Jail.

The Mexicans should be able to get the point of bring weapons into Mexico is dislike by them---BETTER THAN THE USA can Plus the Mexicans speak Mexican
Spanish.

Take him to the Border and GIVE Mexico's Citizen back to Mexico and save USA Tax Payers money!!!!
El Paso Resident

Sacramento, CA

#10 Mar 27, 2008
I hope this dishonest incident in the life of Jonathan Lopez Gutierrez does not affect the rest of the people in the Emmanuel ministries. The children in the orphanage had no control on what the CEO was doing.
accento gringo - NY

East Pharsalia, NY

#11 Mar 28, 2008
With policemen either resigning or getting killed, I wonder who will protect the poor citizens of Juarez. I think I would want to arm myself and my friends, too. What a world.
accento gringo - NY

East Pharsalia, NY

#12 Mar 28, 2008
With policemen either resigning or getting killed, who will protect the poor citizens of Juarez? I think I would want to arm myself and my friends, too. What a world.
friend

Iowa City, IA

#13 Apr 1, 2008
know him personally...he has a heart for God. Satan is everywhere in Juarez. It seems the more you do for God's glory the more Satan tries to attack. You can't let your guard down. This ordeal will only bring Jonatan closer to God. Amen to that!
Man of God

San Francisco, CA

#14 Apr 6, 2008
If you have ever been to Juarez you will understand what really happened. Satan is everywhere. It is a place with corrupt police and government on both sides of the border. A true man of God makes enemies that will try to bring them down. Does this really sound like a man that has given his life to change the lives of thousands of forgotten children? I met Jonatan and his family 15 years ago and have been supporting Hogar de Ninos Emmanuel ever since. It literally is a “light on a hill” of disparity.
Bilingual US Citizen

Albany, OR

#15 Apr 6, 2008
Maybe he was going to use the guns to kill evil people and SATAN.
Look up

San Francisco, CA

#17 Apr 6, 2008
How lost is this world when people of faith reach out to the abandoned and then are accused of wrongful acts? I have been personally involved with Hogar de Ninos for two generations. They have virtually reached to extreme limits to cover the darkness in Juarez with continuous arms of love, light, and healing. They have all manner of abuse sent to them and around them and yet they remain a shining beacon above a hill of darkness. Jonaton Lopez is an integral part of the amazing salvation of lost children in this part of the world. It is my utmost denial that he could have willingly participated in what he is charged with. He was SO set up. You other freaks, in the name of Jesus, need to shut up!!!
Believer who cares

Tempe, AZ

#19 Apr 7, 2008
Jonaton's guilt or innocence lies in the court of law and in the hands of God. The real tragedy would occur if the children being given a chance in life by the children's home were to be denied that chance because we are so caught up in the drama of the present situation. These are real children, with real hopes and dreams, that the world has cast aside and Emmanuel has taken in. Jonaton will pay and is paying for whatever he has done wrong. the children have committed no crime. It would be an equal or worse crime for us to abandone the work that the ministry does for the children because of it's leaders mistakes.
Hogar de Ninos Emmanuel

San Francisco, CA

#20 Apr 7, 2008
THANK YOU
Believer who cares wrote:
Jonaton's guilt or innocence lies in the court of law and in the hands of God. The real tragedy would occur if the children being given a chance in life by the children's home were to be denied that chance because we are so caught up in the drama of the present situation. These are real children, with real hopes and dreams, that the world has cast aside and Emmanuel has taken in. Jonaton will pay and is paying for whatever he has done wrong. the children have committed no crime. It would be an equal or worse crime for us to abandone the work that the ministry does for the children because of it's leaders mistakes.
El Paso Resident

El Paso, TX

#21 Apr 8, 2008
Mexico needs a good revolution, but after we build the fence to keep all of them down there to fight it out.
tony

Ypsilanti, MI

#22 Apr 15, 2008
what is this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuesday Morning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sal Mena Jr. may plead guilty (Feb '09) Dec '13 Corrupt Judge 8
Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last ... (Feb '08) Nov '13 Russell Dow Sister 26
Hershey to close main plant (Jun '10) Jun '13 What Up wit dat 67
Welcome Chad Evans to WLFI (Aug '10) Apr '13 Herman 5
Former employee sues Daystar over affair (Dec '10) Sep '12 buck 2
Tuesday Morning ex-CEO says fired after breast ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 cris in oregon 1
Police Investigating Early Tuesday Morning Fata... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sara Bella 1

Tuesday Morning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE