GOP lawmaker: Palin cost party control of Senate

Full story: TwinCities.com

A leading House Republican says Sarah Palin cost the GOP control of the Senate. Questioned about those comments on Tuesday, a spokesman for Rep.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nancy

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

women HATER ! closet democrat
east sider

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

He obviously doesn't get it. He's part of the establishment and needs to go.
Mark

Middleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

Bachus is out of his mind, and soon enough may be out of a job with statements (or even insinuations) like that. Palin may not be of presidential timbre, but she sure as heck was a positive influence in the recent elections.
thanks sarah

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

i remember sarah saying we will be dancing in the street.that ding bat and the witch lady did indeed do alot to help out my liberal party.thanks sarah and I hope you help again in 2012 I love it when you open your mough and help split the gop apart you wack job.
Middle of da Swing

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

I always thought Palin was good for nothing.

I was wrong, she saved the Senate for the Democrats, so she is good for something.
Berry G

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

east sider wrote:
He obviously doesn't get it. He's part of the establishment and needs to go.
Yep, he just put a big ol' target on his back.

21 Senate seats up for grabs (Dem seats) in 2012, maybe by then the Tea Party will be running candidates against the GOP instead of with the GOP. Conservatives could split the vote and still beat the Dems

:)
bruciejo

Detroit Lakes, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

What ever happened to those clothes the Repub's bought her?? She should permanently tape her mouth shut, and stick to dancing. Finally, someone in Washington speaks the truth!!!
artur

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

BS Spin.
progressivefrom LIA

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

He was just doing sensible political analysis about the losses of the Senate seats on Delaware, where Castle would have won, and Nevada, where I bet Tarkanian could have won, just for being the son of a prominent coach, and for not being one of those two nutcase women who were favored and opposing each other too much to bother much with him. I think a better nominee in Colorado could have won, also. I am glad that all three democrats won, however, though I would have preferred that Kauffmann stay in the senate, since he was a very knowledgeable person, with long Senate experience as a staff person, and knowledge of the senate as an institution, and of the issues in detail.

However, Palin was influential in getting some of the House candidates nominated, and they won in the general sweep. I suspect that non-tea party Republicans would have won, also. The turnout was way down, and the very hostile emotional people were more motivated to vote, the ones with simplistic ideas. The youth vote was down, especially.
progressivefrom LIA

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

bruciejo wrote:
What ever happened to those clothes the Repub's bought her?? She should permanently tape her mouth shut, and stick to dancing. Finally, someone in Washington speaks the truth!!!
Her daughter Bristol dances, and fairly well. Sarah looked great in those pretty clothes. and with those hairdos and glasses. she should msile and be silent. and walk runways and be a model, maybe. for women of a certain age, to prove they can still be sexy. It would be an honest living, not like conning dumb rightwingers accustomed to being conned and programmed to fall for every nutcase, religious or political.
JAdams

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

This ad brought to you by the DFL controlled Pioneer Press.
P T Bull

Hopkins, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Mark wrote:
Bachus is out of his mind, and soon enough may be out of a job with statements (or even insinuations) like that. Palin may not be of presidential timbre, but she sure as heck was a positive influence in the recent elections.

The RINOs are having difficulty accepting that conservatives despise them, and the only reason republicans picked up some seats is because the tea party convinced people that the liberal republicans were being put out to pasture.
P T Bull

Hopkins, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

progressivefrom LIA wrote:
...the very hostile emotional people were more motivated to vote, the ones with simplistic ideas...

Whatever it takes to get you through the night, I guess. Well, I suppose freedom is a simple concept.
Seeker

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

thanks sarah wrote:
i remember sarah saying we will be dancing in the street.that ding bat and the witch lady did indeed do alot to help out my liberal party.thanks sarah and I hope you help again in 2012 I love it when you open your mough and help split the gop apart you wack job.
With that kind of help on a regular basis, you may have to get a real job, and not depend on the gummint for a living.
Seeker

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Middle of da Swing wrote:
I always thought Palin was good for nothing.
I was wrong, she saved the Senate for the Democrats, so she is good for something.
Yeah, the Demorats got a save, but the rebound shot is coming in 2012. She Scores!!!!
Jonboy

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

You'll be eating those words soon Backus.
Seeker

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

He was just doing sensible political analysis about the losses of the Senate seats on Delaware, where Castle would have won, and Nevada, where I bet Tarkanian could have won, just for being the son of a prominent coach, and for not being one of those two nutcase women who were favored and opposing each other too much to bother much with him. I think a better nominee in Colorado could have won, also. I am glad that all three democrats won, however, though I would have preferred that Kauffmann stay in the senate, since he was a very knowledgeable person, with long Senate experience as a staff person, and knowledge of the senate as an institution, and of the issues in detail.
However, Palin was influential in getting some of the House candidates nominated, and they won in the general sweep. I suspect that non-tea party Republicans would have won, also. The turnout was way down, and the very hostile emotional people were more motivated to vote, the ones with simplistic ideas. The youth vote was down, especially.
When I first read this, I nearly howled with laughter. The picture of a supercilious leftwinger, smarting after a thorough azwhipping, critically denigrating the one who did the job. Throwing in some inside dope for effect and covering up the acute pain with a bit of faint praise. Hilarious!LMAO
Seeker

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

<quoted text> Her daughter Bristol dances, and fairly well. Sarah looked great in those pretty clothes. and with those hairdos and glasses. she should msile and be silent. and walk runways and be a model, maybe. for women of a certain age, to prove they can still be sexy. It would be an honest living, not like conning dumb rightwingers accustomed to being conned and programmed to fall for every nutcase, religious or political.
But the lovely Sarah is out there doing things, getting people elected, making a fortune and gathering about her an adoring audience, whereas her spinsterish detractors sit in a small Iowa town dreaming of 'what might have beens'. "Women of a certain age". OMG, almost too comical to hear.
DunceWorld

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

Berry G wrote:
<quoted text> Yep, he just put a big ol' target on his back.
21 Senate seats up for grabs (Dem seats) in 2012, maybe by then the Tea Party will be running candidates against the GOP instead of with the GOP. Conservatives could split the vote and still beat the Dems
:)
Oh good gracious great balls of fire! Why that 'ol boy dun gone an put a big 'ol tar-git on his backside cuz we tee-partyun suns a guns are gonna have reglar meetins and recruit another dic-weed every 12 seconds and maybe even have another million-moron march in Warshington when the time be right. Yahoo! You go Sarah; why, yous just cuter than a bug's ear darlin.
Herman Duncan

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>I heard that Michele O tried to pick them up at bargain sale, but gave up when her oversized posterior wouldn't fit into them.
Hahahahahahahhaahahahahahahaha hahahahahahah! Did you make that one up? ROTFL! Hhahahahahaahahahahahahhah! The president's wife has a big but t. Hhahahahhahahahahaahhahahahaha hah! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha! I don't like the president and that just makes your joke so funny! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ! Liberals are tools! Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahaaha, drool, hahahahahaha! Stop it, you're killing me! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh a! You've never had a significant romantic or sexual relationship. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tuesday Morning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sal Mena Jr. may plead guilty (Feb '09) Dec '13 Corrupt Judge 8
Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last ... (Feb '08) Nov '13 Russell Dow Sister 26
Hershey to close main plant (Jun '10) Jun '13 What Up wit dat 67
Welcome Chad Evans to WLFI (Aug '10) Apr '13 Herman 5
Former employee sues Daystar over affair (Dec '10) Sep '12 buck 2
Tuesday Morning ex-CEO says fired after breast ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 cris in oregon 1
Police Investigating Early Tuesday Morning Fata... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sara Bella 1

Search the Tuesday Morning Forum:
•••