Trial begins for man accused of killing Dallas police officer

May 28, 2008 Full story: www.dallasnews.com 12

Wesley Lynn Ruiz sat stoically in a Dallas County courtroom Tuesday as prosecutors repeatedly played the police dash camera video that showed Dallas police Senior Cpl. Mark Nix grabbing his face after being shot. Mr. Ruiz, 28, is accused of fatally shooting Cpl. Nix on March 23, 2007. If he is convicted of capital murder, prosecutors will seek the death penalty.

The video from Cpl. Nix's patrol car showed a gray and red Chevrolet Caprice slowing down as if stopping on the side of the road, then taking off during a police chase in Oak Cliff. The short chase reached speeds up to 75 mph before the driver spun out, clipped a curb and landed in a residential front yard facing the street. Cpl. Nix, 33, drove his front bumper to the front bumper of the Caprice. A second police car, driven by Officer Jeremy Borchardt, pulled in facing the passenger side of the Caprice.

Cpl. Nix pulled out his baton and hit the car's front passenger window twice. Then he bent over, put his gun on the ground, grabbed the baton with two hands and repeatedly hit the window. As he raised the baton to strike the window again, he was hit by a shot fired from the rear passenger window of the Caprice. He dropped the baton, grabbed his face and fell to the ground.

Full Story
Sister

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Jun 5, 2008
This scumbag deserves the death penalty. He even flashed a gang sign as he was led into the courtroom. He has no remorse.
Aunt

Dallas, TX

#2 Jun 6, 2008
Sister wrote:
This scumbag deserves the death penalty. He even flashed a gang sign as he was led into the courtroom. He has no remorse.
If all the facts had been presented as they really happened instead of manipulated as they were. He would not be judged as he is by the public. Know your facts before you run your mouth about a man you nothing about. Nor do you know "ALL" that the Dallas County Police Department hid and misrepresented.My nephew is a good man with a huge heart. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time as was Officer Nix. May God rest his soul! I'd also like to express my remorse and prayers to his family for there loss. We too! Lost a life that day. One that was loved, respected and cherished just as Officer Nix was by his family. Wess Ruiz aka."Slo" was a man trying to provide for his family. Not just his wife and children, but his Mother, Grandfather and handicapped Uncle as well. He was the back bone of his family. Who did the best he could to provide. The only way he knew how. The streets provided the means, supply and demand. Dallas,Texas needs to open blind eyes. The people living in Highland Park and neighboring suburbs ignore our young people who come from lower middle class family's. Who struggle to make a paycheck. A paycheck that still isn't enough no matter how well you budget. So Dallas! Open your eyes to reality. And " sister" Wesley Lynn Ruiz has only one judge. Our Lord Jesus Christ! And, GOD' will have the gate open when Wess gets to heaven I have no doubt.
Respectfully, Sincerely, Truthfully!
Rhonda Ruiz aka.Aunt Rhonda

“Time flies like an arrow...”

Since: Mar 07

"fruit flies like a banana"

#3 Jun 6, 2008
Aunt wrote:
<quoted text>
If all the facts had been presented as they really happened instead of manipulated as they were. He would not be judged as he is by the public. Know your facts before you run your mouth about a man you nothing about. Nor do you know "ALL" that the Dallas County Police Department hid and misrepresented.My nephew is a good man with a huge heart. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time as was Officer Nix. May God rest his soul! I'd also like to express my remorse and prayers to his family for there loss. We too! Lost a life that day. One that was loved, respected and cherished just as Officer Nix was by his family. Wess Ruiz aka."Slo" was a man trying to provide for his family. Not just his wife and children, but his Mother, Grandfather and handicapped Uncle as well. He was the back bone of his family. Who did the best he could to provide. The only way he knew how. The streets provided the means, supply and demand. Dallas,Texas needs to open blind eyes. The people living in Highland Park and neighboring suburbs ignore our young people who come from lower middle class family's. Who struggle to make a paycheck. A paycheck that still isn't enough no matter how well you budget. So Dallas! Open your eyes to reality. And " sister" Wesley Lynn Ruiz has only one judge. Our Lord Jesus Christ! And, GOD' will have the gate open when Wess gets to heaven I have no doubt.
Respectfully, Sincerely, Truthfully!
Rhonda Ruiz aka.Aunt Rhonda
Rhonda,

It appears you have much more information than we, the general public, have.

The news article states that the event was recorded on a dashcam. My interpretation of the article is that someone shot a police officer thru the rear passenger window of the Caprice.

Can you tell us why Mr. Ruiz is not to blame for the death of the officer? Did he not fire the gun?
A friend of Wes

Arlington, TX

#4 Jun 11, 2008
You idiot. . .Wes didn't throw up a gang sign in court. . .I threw him the peace sign an he threw up the peace sign back. . .We call it chunkin up the duece. . .It means nothin but peace, wuts up. . .Damn, It's not rocket science. . .My boy does not deserve the death penalty. . .Dang, who are you to say that. . .You don't even know him. . .Only God can Judge him. An evidently God must've forgiven him when he let him survive the 14 bullet shots that nearly killed him. . .If you can't see that GOD miraculously saved him from death, than I rebuke you. . .I DON'T wish death upon nobody, not even my enemies. . .I believe in God. To wish death upon him or anyone, is a damn shame an pitiful. . .Wes was a good person. His mistakes were out of the ordinary, but it ain't easy out here. . .We love you SLO. . .ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE YOU NOW HONEY. . .
Bigfoot

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Jun 11, 2008
A friend of Wes wrote:
You idiot...Wes didn't throw up a gang sign in court...I threw him the peace sign an he threw up the peace sign back...We call it chunkin up the duece...It means nothin but peace, wuts up...Damn, It's not rocket science...My boy does not deserve the death penalty...Dang, who are you to say that...You don't even know him...Only God can Judge him. An evidently God must've forgiven him when he let him survive the 14 bullet shots that nearly killed him...If you can't see that GOD miraculously saved him from death, than I rebuke you...I DON'T wish death upon nobody, not even my enemies...I believe in God. To wish death upon him or anyone, is a damn shame an pitiful...Wes was a good person. His mistakes were out of the ordinary, but it ain't easy out here...We love you SLO...ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE YOU NOW HONEY...
You make him sound so good. This is from the article:
"Mr. Ruiz has an extensive criminal history including convictions for burglary of a motor vehicle, escape, theft, possession of a controlled substance, evading arrest and unlawful carrying of a weapon."
Dallas Resident

Garland, TX

#6 Jun 14, 2008
Boy oh boy he sounds like a real fine citizen! He makes his money "illegaly" if I read through the lines of Aunts comments. "The streets provided the means, supply and demand. Dallas,Texas needs to open blind eyes. The people living in Highland Park and neighboring suburbs ignore our young people who come from lower middle class family's. Who struggle to make a paycheck. A paycheck that still isn't enough no matter how well you budget." No matter how you try to justify it to yourself what he has done is rediculous, I am sure he had a rough upbringing and all he knows is the "streets" but come on, that is a cop out. Plenty of people grow up in rough areas and they don't drive around with guns, run from police, then shoot them. If they would stop selling drugs or whatever supply and demand crap you speak of they wouldn't be in jail. Put down your guns and get a real job, suck it up and be a real man. I feel for all parties involved, and may God be with both families through this tough time.
His Punk

Dallas, TX

#7 Jun 25, 2008
Well first off say what ya'll will reguardless what anyone says on the news Wesley Lynn Ruiz is a decent man, matter of fact he is better than any man I have met on these streets or in any country club..etc... He helped me have a roof over my head when no one else will he is my best friend in this world and I love him like my own family. Just because the cop wore the label of an officer doesn't mean that he was a right man, we have priests that rape children, presidents that lead their people to corruption and all kinds of wrongs in this world it doesn't mean that a man with a extensive record is a bad man, nor does that mean that a former soldier/ cop is the best citizen ever. I am not saying Senior Crpl Mark Nix was bad but I am saying there are alot of misinterperted facts alot of hidden shit that the public didn't see and most likely never will. It's in Gods hands and you can hate Wes as easily as you could love him. I choose love cus he is so precious. And just understand we are all one action/decision away from being someones cellmate. Life comes at us crazy we can't say we wouldn't of done the same. Don't Judge. It's not in our place. I Love You Wes! Love Your Punk, Lindsay

Since: May 08

Dallas

#8 Jun 25, 2008
Aunt wrote:
<quoted text>
If all the facts had been presented as they really happened instead of manipulated as they were. He would not be judged as he is by the public. Know your facts before you run your mouth about a man you nothing about.
Who the hell wants to know anything about him. The one fact I know is he killed a police officer. May god have mercy on his soul. BTW, I don't care how good a person he was. Sounds like maybe you should have reminded him what he had to live for.
Mary

Arlington, TX

#9 Nov 20, 2011
I'm glad this man (Ruiz) took the life of nix, he was a "dirty" cop who bullied the citizens of Dallas and even murdered one while the citizen was handcuffed laying naked in a creek shot him in the back. Eye for an eye!!!
rider

Gwinn, MI

#10 Dec 2, 2011
Conservative BabylonExposing the Hypocrisy of the "Family Values" Crowd, One Right-Winger at a Time, Since 2003 Joe Scarborough (R-Fla.)
Sunday December 30, 2007



Claims to fame: Former Florida rep; host of right-wing Fox talk show “Scarborough Country”; “conservative family values” proponent; divorcé

Why he’s here: Divorced wife in 1999. But that’s the least interesting thing about Joe Scarborough. We’re not accusing him of anything — just using a very strange and familiar-sounding story to illustrate the very real right-wing media bias that shields Scarborough and his friends from the type of scrutiny visited upon every Democrat from Bill Clinton on down.

Now, let’s play a game…

Fill in the blank #1: Gary Condit and __________

You probably said “Chandra Levy.” If you didn’t: Levy was an intern to California Rep. Gary Condit. One day, she disappeared. The media went crazy covering rumors of a romantic dalliance with Condit, and hinted wildly that Condit had killed her. He didn’t. But his career was destroyed. Condit, of course, is a Democrat.

Fill in the blank #2: Joe Scarborough and __________

Did you say “Lori Klausutis”? Probably not.

Just the facts: Scarborough got a divorce. Then he suddenly resigned from Congress, just six months after re-election.(Invoked old fallback excuse of wanting to “spend more time” with children.) Then he suddenly resigned as publisher of the Independent Florida Sun. Then, just as suddenly, Lori Klausutis, 28-year-old staffer to Scarborough, was found dead in Scarborough’s district office in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Date was July 20, 2001. Cause of death: Blow to the head. Conclusion: Heart condition caused her to collapse, fall, hit head on a desk, and die. Story barely a blip on the radar. Lots of people left with lots of questions.

Final questions: Was Lori Klausutis among Scarborough’s rumored dalliances?(Scarborough, noted the Pensacola News Journal in 2001,“was pursued by rumors over the cause of the divorce [and] a growing body of criticism that Scarborough’s personal life didn’t match the moralistic conservative stance he campaigned on”).

What does Joe know, if anything, about her death?

Conclusion: We’ll never find out.

Suggested Bible reading for Mr. Scarborough:

Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.

— Isaiah 42:18
4 Blue

Burleson, TX

#11 Nov 26, 2012
Mary wrote:
I'm glad this man (Ruiz) took the life of nix, he was a "dirty" cop who bullied the citizens of Dallas and even murdered one while the citizen was handcuffed laying naked in a creek shot him in the back. Eye for an eye!!!
Wow aren't you a smart little lollipop triple dipped in stupid??? You know nothing about that officer.
The Truth

Dallas, TX

#12 Mar 11, 2013
This man and his ENTIRE family are trash. See ya later and aunty, dont blame everyone else for u being poor trash. Go make another baby and collect your welfare and shut up!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuesday Morning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sal Mena Jr. may plead guilty (Feb '09) Dec '13 Corrupt Judge 8
Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last ... (Feb '08) Nov '13 Russell Dow Sister 26
Hershey to close main plant (Jun '10) Jun '13 What Up wit dat 67
Welcome Chad Evans to WLFI (Aug '10) Apr '13 Herman 5
Former employee sues Daystar over affair (Dec '10) Sep '12 buck 2
Tuesday Morning ex-CEO says fired after breast ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 cris in oregon 1
Police Investigating Early Tuesday Morning Fata... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sara Bella 1

Tuesday Morning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE