TSA: Religion offers no break on airport screenings

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Transportation Security Administration says airline passengers won't get out of body imaging screening or pat-downs based on their religious beliefs.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of87
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Swen Goolie

Marshall, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

Absurdity wrote:
You're all nuts 9/11 was and is an inside job to take away your freedom and I might add it's doing a pretty good job.
So always believe what the government tell you. They would never lie about anything including unemployment rates or manipulate poverty rates.
There's only one country that stood to gain from 9/11. I-S-R-A-E-L! That's right no gray bearded men in caves, and how about all these miraculous right before detonations or failure detonations; every single one has been intercepted in countries that don't grab your crotch. Well, at least that's what your government would have you believe. And you should always believe your government. They would never lie.
One major flaw in your logic. Our government can't keep secrets from Wikileaks, what makes you beleive that they could keep this BS conspiracy from making the news
Constitution

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Infogather wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, if you don't like what they are doing then find another form of travel. If it comese down to that then I have to choose. BTW...when my mom went to Israel a few years back they were stripped searched...every single person. If you didn't like it, then you were sent to a holding area to be sent back!
Yeah, you are right. Keep giving in to the government bureaucratic hacks that are looking for new ways to run our lives every single day.

Did you know that the former head of Homeland Security, Michael Chertoff is making money selling the scanners to his former employer. Think this is coincidence?

Step one needs to be the airports taking back the security operations from the TSA. Thank goodness this has already started, with Orlando leading the way. Like most things it touches, government has screwed this up.

Your claims of every single passenger being strip searched holds no water. A weak, bogus claim attempting to back up your pro-government position.
Infogather

Saginaw, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Constitution wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you are right. Keep giving in to the government bureaucratic hacks that are looking for new ways to run our lives every single day.
Did you know that the former head of Homeland Security, Michael Chertoff is making money selling the scanners to his former employer. Think this is coincidence?
Step one needs to be the airports taking back the security operations from the TSA. Thank goodness this has already started, with Orlando leading the way. Like most things it touches, government has screwed this up.
Your claims of every single passenger being strip searched holds no water. A weak, bogus claim attempting to back up your pro-government position.
If you would have read my comment about the strip search you would have noticed that it was in Israel. I am pretty sure since she was there...she would know you idiot.

Since: Nov 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Infogather wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, if you don't like what they are doing then find another form of travel. If it comese down to that then I have to choose. BTW...when my mom went to Israel a few years back they were stripped searched...every single person. If you didn't like it, then you were sent to a holding area to be sent back!
The Israelis had to change their methods because the passengers revolted. I have a link in an earlier comment about this...if you can't find it I'll repost it later.
Constitution

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Infogather wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would have read my comment about the strip search you would have noticed that it was in Israel. I am pretty sure since she was there...she would know you idiot.
Resort to name calling already. Well done. Still don't believe that every passenger was strip searched.
Tired of the Run Around

Catoosa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Judged:

This has nothing to do with religion, OR security. If the American people don't want their 4th amendment rights violated and treated like cattle, and if TSA actually has no right in these airports, then why are they forcing it on people, other than training them to be submission and put up with tyranny?
Constitution

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Tired of the Run Around wrote:
This has nothing to do with religion, OR security. If the American people don't want their 4th amendment rights violated and treated like cattle, and if TSA actually has no right in these airports, then why are they forcing it on people, other than training them to be submission and put up with tyranny?
Airports are already asking TSA to leave. See Orlando. Local law enforcement is keeping an eye on the TSA as well. See San Mateo county California.

TSA is another government failure, and in the anti-government climate that exists in America today, citizens are not going to put with this krappppp for very long.

Since: Nov 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Tired of the Run Around wrote:
I think it has to do with the idea that generals alway start out using the tactics developed in the last war. Metal Detectors, Full Body Scanners, Pat downs, Strip Searches - these are the Mignot Line of the war on terror. High tech fixed fortifications that stand as much chance at stopping the next attack as the Mignot Line had of stopping the Germans.
The terrorists are adaptive, our security agencies must be as well. Security will never be achieved using assembly line tactics.

Since: Oct 08

Stewartstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Swen Goolie wrote:
<quoted text>
One major flaw in your logic. Our government can't keep secrets from Wikileaks, what makes you beleive that they could keep this BS conspiracy from making the news
Because WikiLeaks doesn't' know all or have all information. You can see by looking at the photos there are no planes in site. Why do you think Bush insisted that the photos stopped being aired?

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

Absurdity wrote:
<quoted text>
Because WikiLeaks doesn't' know all or have all information. You can see by looking at the photos there are no planes in site. Why do you think Bush insisted that the photos stopped being aired?
Cuckoo,cuckoo.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

Swen Goolie wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite 9/11 Nutjob conspiracy is those who insist that a Missile , not an Aircraft hit the Pentagon.
but I have a good friend who works in Washington Dc who saw the plane just befor it struck the Pentagon. But then so did thousands of other as he was stuck in Morning rush hour traffic and as always the road was jammed.
go check a map of the area around the Pentagon( Or use google Earth) and you will notice the Pentagon is now in an Urban area with two major freeways by it. And although you can find people who saw the jet, nobody seems to have seen a Missile.
pisser aint it

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

The Golf Guy wrote:
<quoted text> Cuckoo,cuckoo.
if you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you do is stop diggin.
pisser aint it

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

You ever wonder were all the D and F students ended up, T S A who else would want a job where you can sexually abuse people and get away with it.
pisser aint it

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

The Golf Guy wrote:
that statement fits you to a tee golf goof guy, keep it up your a funny focker when you make fun of yourself hahahahahahahaha
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

Judged:

Swen Goolie wrote:
<quoted text>
Just who owns the major news networks? Are they not part of the elitist group that is seeking control of the world? Wake up. I cannot believe that there are still people who think the people in power have our best interests at heart. It's all about power and money. It's really that simple.
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

"Representative Tom McClintock (R-CA-4), according to the AARP Bulletin on-line, suggests that the "indiscrimate" use of the scanners, with a pat-down as the only alternative, violates the Fourth Amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure. Indeed he has already proposed a bill to prohibit the use of full-body scanners for primary screenings. His bill passed the House 310-118 but was stalled in the Senate."
Letters should be written to Congressman and Senators expressing the outrage over the scanners and pat downs.
Congressman Ron Paul has also introduced a bill to limit the TSA authority in searches.
And this:
Think the complaints about the TSA are beginning to reach a tipping point? There’s a whole bunch of new news on this front, starting with a California district attorney saying that he’s ready to charge TSA agents with sexual assault if evidence is presented that the new pat downs go too far (apparently multiple DAs are now saying this).

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

Buttomfly wrote:
<quoted text>
Just who owns the major news networks? Are they not part of the elitist group that is seeking control of the world? Wake up. I cannot believe that there are still people who think the people in power have our best interests at heart. It's all about power and money. It's really that simple.
Today there are more places to get news then anytime in History. I can turn on my TV and get my news from the big 3 , CNN, Fox and MSNBC, China's CCTV, AL Jeezra on World Link TV, BBC,.You can listen to voice of Russia the Asian Broadcasting System , Telesur. and Radio Pacifica on the internet . And thats just the start.
If some news channels and sources are bigger then others its because of choices people make.
pisser aint it

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

TSA employee wrote:
You people think this is FUN.......
I have to EAT with these hands.........
just curious, were you the D or the F student we all wondered what happened too.

Stewartstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

Judged:

The Golf Guy wrote:
Show me the planes or planes parts or bodies or whatever! But show me something bigger than a car wheel if you can even find anything that big - like an entire wing or an engine.

You're the one that's cuckoo. You have no common sense.

Stewartstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

Judged:

californio wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite 9/11 Nutjob conspiracy is those who insist that a Missile , not an Aircraft hit the Pentagon.
but I have a good friend who works in Washington Dc who saw the plane just befor it struck the Pentagon. But then so did thousands of other as he was stuck in Morning rush hour traffic and as always the road was jammed.
go check a map of the area around the Pentagon( Or use google Earth) and you will notice the Pentagon is now in an Urban area with two major freeways by it. And although you can find people who saw the jet, nobody seems to have seen a Missile.
Yeah and Rumsfeld also said a plane hit the White House not the Pentagon. I don't care who you know that saw a plane, a bird or superman. Show me the wreckage!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of87
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tuesday Morning Discussions

Search the Tuesday Morning Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sal Mena Jr. may plead guilty (Feb '09) Dec '13 Corrupt Judge 8
Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last ... (Feb '08) Nov '13 Russell Dow Sister 26
Hershey to close main plant (Jun '10) Jun '13 What Up wit dat 67
Welcome Chad Evans to WLFI (Aug '10) Apr '13 Herman 5
Former employee sues Daystar over affair (Dec '10) Sep '12 buck 2
Tuesday Morning ex-CEO says fired after breast ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 cris in oregon 1
Police Investigating Early Tuesday Morning Fata... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sara Bella 1
•••
•••
•••
•••