TSA: Religion offers no break on airport screenings

The Transportation Security Administration says airline passengers won't get out of body imaging screening or pat-downs based on their religious beliefs. Full Story

Since: Nov 10

United States

#21 Nov 17, 2010
Just brainstorming here...trying to think outside the box...it seems that screening and pat downs are all defensive measures. In the end, we only ensure that all the law abiding citizens are disarmed. Only those breaking the law end up with weapons.
Why not arm everyone with tazers? Basically, change the parameters on the terrorists.
Besides, it'd be fun to hear the pre-flight announcement. "In case of a water landing, your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device. In case of a terrorist attack, your personal tazer is located inside your armrest...please refrain from tazing your flight attendants."
Tony Rozycki

Kansas City, MO

#22 Nov 17, 2010
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath & calm down - TSA, Muslims, pilots & the media included.
fool

United States

#23 Nov 17, 2010
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, no doubt it is the Muslims that are crying about this violating their religion,(See Cult) Hey Muslims, you ARE the reason all of this has come about. I do not recall seeing Christians, Hindus, Buddist, Amish, etc, etc blowing up airplanes, or trying to.
Now, before all you bleeding heart liberals get all bent out of shape, I do realize that the article did not make any mention of Muslims, this is merely my personal opinion, which I believe I am still entitled to.
Correct you are, Matty Boy!

However, you forgot to say Christians blow up Federal buildings and kill innocent men, women and children.

Dweeb!
I Pitty The Foo

United States

#24 Nov 17, 2010
Tony Rozycki wrote:
I think everyone needs to take a deep breath & calm down - TSA, Muslims, pilots & the media included.
What are you talking about? My neighbor works for TSA and he's laughing all the way to the bank. He's putting in overtime to be ready for the so called day to opt out.

He also laughed when we heard on the news that the guy who said, "You touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" was fined $10,000.00!!!!

He said each person requesting the pat down will be given just that.

Do you really want this attention? I don't want them recording my name.
me too

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Nov 17, 2010
What about my civil rights to be safe from the terrorists. Gee you think they would say you can't screen me for my religious beliefs and smuggle something on. What happened to America and Democracy where majority ruled. Now a few immigrants get what ever they want. Can't have religion in the schools but we have to allow their religion breaks to exercise it. It sucks to be an employer today.

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

#26 Nov 17, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
If this were effective or productive in preventing terrorism, everyone would be for it. However, this is window dressing by an incompetent agency that does nothing more than waste money in "feel good" actions.
Irish, what the hell, I agree with you, who would have thunk it.

United States of America

#27 Nov 17, 2010
fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct you are, Matty Boy!
However, you forgot to say Christians blow up Federal buildings and kill innocent men, women and children.
Dweeb!
Not in the name of their religion, that's the difference.
Tony Rozycki

Kansas City, MO

#28 Nov 17, 2010
I Pitty The Foo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want them recording my name.
What are you talking about?
Irony

United States

#29 Nov 17, 2010
me too wrote:
What about my civil rights to be safe from the terrorists. Gee you think they would say you can't screen me for my religious beliefs and smuggle something on. What happened to America and Democracy where majority ruled. Now a few immigrants get what ever they want. Can't have religion in the schools but we have to allow their religion breaks to exercise it. It sucks to be an employer today.
FEW IMMIGRANTS GET WHATEVER THY WANT? Hmm, isn't that what the Indians once said?

Since: Oct 08

York, PA

#30 Nov 17, 2010
You're all nuts 9/11 was and is an inside job to take away your freedom and I might add it's doing a pretty good job.

So always believe what the government tell you. They would never lie about anything including unemployment rates or manipulate poverty rates.

There's only one country that stood to gain from 9/11. I-S-R-A-E-L! That's right no gray bearded men in caves, and how about all these miraculous right before detonations or failure detonations; every single one has been intercepted in countries that don't grab your crotch. Well, at least that's what your government would have you believe. And you should always believe your government. They would never lie.
Tony Rozycki

Kansas City, MO

#31 Nov 18, 2010
My dear fellow commenters (or commentators):

You can't always judge the quality of your comment by its judgment counter score!

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#32 Nov 18, 2010
Absurdity wrote:
You're all nuts 9/11 was and is an inside job to take away your freedom and I might add it's doing a pretty good job.
So always believe what the government tell you. They would never lie about anything including unemployment rates or manipulate poverty rates.
There's only one country that stood to gain from 9/11. I-S-R-A-E-L! That's right no gray bearded men in caves, and how about all these miraculous right before detonations or failure detonations; every single one has been intercepted in countries that don't grab your crotch. Well, at least that's what your government would have you believe. And you should always believe your government. They would never lie.
Being skeptical of government is a good thing.

But the rest of your posting tells me that it is time to go see the doc and get the meds adjusted.
serfs up

Orlando, FL

#35 Nov 18, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Being skeptical of government is a good thing.
But the rest of your posting tells me that it is time to go see the doc and get the meds adjusted.
Your full of crap. America is on tht eopposite side of the world. That means a lot. We have been taken over by traitors and the stupid and the ones who are owed. We interfere with others. And some of them have had enough of it. When you will blow yourself up then the other party must listen. Unfortunately we are not.
Irony

United States

#36 Nov 18, 2010
Absurdity wrote:
Yes! And I was dating Mini Mouse until Popeye told me he had a crush on me and now I'm in a gay relationship and work as a tooth ferry for extra cash!

United States of America

#37 Nov 18, 2010
Hey Lizard, learn how to spell, you appear fairly lacking in the brain department.

United States of America

#38 Nov 18, 2010
OOOOOOH KAY wrote:
<quoted text>hey dumb arse dead is dead, bombings are bombings, why they do it really dosnt matter. they hate american govt and its policies, just like the guy that blew up the federal bldg. in oaklahoma, they use the guise of religion to do what they do.
Hey troll, the federal building wasn't blown up in the name of religion, you're so drunk you are delirious.
Infogather

United States

#39 Nov 18, 2010
As a frequent traveler, I am very irritated by people complaining about scanners, pat downs, and the such. I look at it this way...if it helps to keep me, my family, friends, and those on the plane (and on the ground) safe then do it! If they didn't do anything and something would happen, people would complain that nothing was done.

Religon and all these other BS excuses is getting out of line. People are more creative on how they can conceal items. If people don't like what TSA is doing, there are always other forms of travel (I.e. car, train, etc...).

The other point I'd like to mention is maybe the TSA should start to profile or everyone gets the same treatment no matter who you are.

Since: Oct 08

York, PA

#40 Nov 18, 2010
So nobody believes 9/11 was an inside job? 4 airplanes totally evaporated into dust. You didn't see one piece of plane wreckage at any of the 4 sites. Totally turned into dust just like the twin towers. The field in the middle of PA not one piece of a plane just a hole in the ground. No body parts, no headrests, no stray seats, no huge jet engines or tailpieces.

Call me nuts if you like but you people are living the dream not the reality.
Constitution

Long Beach, CA

#41 Nov 18, 2010
I Pitty The Foo wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? My neighbor works for TSA and he's laughing all the way to the bank. He's putting in overtime to be ready for the so called day to opt out.
He also laughed when we heard on the news that the guy who said, "You touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" was fined $10,000.00!!!!
He said each person requesting the pat down will be given just that.
Do you really want this attention? I don't want them recording my name.
These TSA hacks that got their jobs based on having a GED will be stifling their laughter when they start getting accused of sexual assault and/or the airports starts asking TSA to leave the premises. Airports are under no mandate to have the government run their security, and the backlash is already starting. Clue your neighbor in & tell him to save his money since he may be back in the private sector soon walking a beat at a local mall or collecting unemployment.
Constitution

Long Beach, CA

#42 Nov 18, 2010
Infogather wrote:
As a frequent traveler, I am very irritated by people complaining about scanners, pat downs, and the such. I look at it this way...if it helps to keep me, my family, friends, and those on the plane (and on the ground) safe then do it! If they didn't do anything and something would happen, people would complain that nothing was done.
Religon and all these other BS excuses is getting out of line. People are more creative on how they can conceal items. If people don't like what TSA is doing, there are always other forms of travel (I.e. car, train, etc...).
The other point I'd like to mention is maybe the TSA should start to profile or everyone gets the same treatment no matter who you are.
So when the first whacko blows up attempts to smuggle a device on a plane via his arsssse, you will be okay with you and your family be subjected to body cavity searches?

Keep giving in to the bureaucrats & eventually you will not be able to move without their permission.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuesday Morning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sal Mena Jr. may plead guilty (Feb '09) Dec '13 Corrupt Judge 8
Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last ... (Feb '08) Nov '13 Russell Dow Sister 26
Hershey to close main plant (Jun '10) Jun '13 What Up wit dat 67
Welcome Chad Evans to WLFI (Aug '10) Apr '13 Herman 5
Former employee sues Daystar over affair (Dec '10) Sep '12 buck 2
Tuesday Morning ex-CEO says fired after breast ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 cris in oregon 1
Police Investigating Early Tuesday Morning Fata... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sara Bella 1
More from around the web