TSA: Religion offers no break on airport screenings

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Transportation Security Administration says airline passengers won't get out of body imaging screening or pat-downs based on their religious beliefs.
Comments
1 - 20 of 87 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2010
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Buttomfly

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

"the FDA has found the imaging machines to be safe." And there are many drugs that they deemed safe that are now the subject of lawsuits for for causing death or serious health problems. Do you really expect us to trust them with this?
myea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

If you don't like it, don't fly.
Outsidelookingin

Grantsburg, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Israel doesn't do this - they profile and are hugely successful with airline safety. In this county we have to be politically correct and inconvenience everyone. What a bunch of B.S.
babybluebiker

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

If your plane goes down, don't come crying to me. Obviously you don't remember 9/11. Hello. The terrorists are planting explosives on their bodies and can't be detected by the metal detector. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Deadeye Dick

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

I don't fly at all any more. It's just not worth the stress. If enough people quit flying, the costs of airfare will go high enough that terrorists can't afford to fly.
olbermans cash

Wells, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Buttomfly wrote:
"the FDA has found the imaging machines to be safe." And there are many drugs that they deemed safe that are now the subject of lawsuits for for causing death or serious health problems. Do you really expect us to trust them with this?
Yeah and remember Global Warming is going to kill us too!
olbermans cash

Wells, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

babybluebiker wrote:
If your plane goes down, don't come crying to me. Obviously you don't remember 9/11. Hello. The terrorists are planting explosives on their bodies and can't be detected by the metal detector. Wake up and smell the coffee.
I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday. All this workup is a bunch of cra p. It is all window dressing and does nothing for safety. You would have a search and scan of a pilot, yet he has the controls of the plane in his hands. Are you really that stupid?
Citizen

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Moslems have to live under the same rules as everyone else. No sharia here.
ElvisLives

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Citizen wrote:
Don't forget about Muslims too. And Mozlums, Ma's Lums, and Moe-zlems.
Matt

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Citizen wrote:
I agree, no doubt it is the Muslims that are crying about this violating their religion,(See Cult) Hey Muslims, you ARE the reason all of this has come about. I do not recall seeing Christians, Hindus, Buddist, Amish, etc, etc blowing up airplanes, or trying to.

Now, before all you bleeding heart liberals get all bent out of shape, I do realize that the article did not make any mention of Muslims, this is merely my personal opinion, which I believe I am still entitled to.
ElvisLives

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Flying is a not a right. If you don't want to do the screening or the pat down, drive your a ss.

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

We must all do as we are told. We must toe the line, no matter what indignity we suffer. It is good for the common welfare of our country. The government knows what's best for us. We must obey.

Since: Feb 08

Sandstone MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

If this were effective or productive in preventing terrorism, everyone would be for it. However, this is window dressing by an incompetent agency that does nothing more than waste money in "feel good" actions.
GOD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

Outsidelookingin wrote:
Israel doesn't do this - they profile and are hugely successful with airline safety. In this county we have to be politically correct and inconvenience everyone. What a bunch of B.S.
Hey stupid - somewhere in a cave far away there's a bearde man saying I like this guy outsidelookingin!

By the way, the guy who said "you touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" just got a 10,000 fine! Hahahahaha!
babybluebiker

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

olbermans cash wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday. All this workup is a bunch of cra p. It is all window dressing and does nothing for safety. You would have a search and scan of a pilot, yet he has the controls of the plane in his hands. Are you really that stupid?
Hello stupid, a terrorist can easily pose a a pilot!!!! Are YOU that stupid.
babybluebiker

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

DUH, whether MAC puts private screening or TSA, the screening will stay the same way!!!!!!!!!! MAC is the idiot!!!!!
babybluebiker

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

The Golf Guy wrote:
We must all do as we are told. We must toe the line, no matter what indignity we suffer. It is good for the common welfare of our country. The government knows what's best for us. We must obey.
Thanks for your post, you hit the nail right on the head!!!
In The Know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Judged:

babybluebiker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello stupid, a terrorist can easily pose a a pilot!!!! Are YOU that stupid.
AND THEY HAVE!!!
Patriot

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Judged:

The muslims will launch a "flying inman" lawsuit and some pansyass judge will rule in their behalf.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tuesday Morning Discussions

Search the Tuesday Morning Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sal Mena Jr. may plead guilty (Feb '09) Dec '13 Corrupt Judge 8
Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last ... (Feb '08) Nov '13 Russell Dow Sister 26
Hershey to close main plant (Jun '10) Jun '13 What Up wit dat 67
Welcome Chad Evans to WLFI (Aug '10) Apr '13 Herman 5
Former employee sues Daystar over affair (Dec '10) Sep '12 buck 2
Tuesday Morning ex-CEO says fired after breast ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 cris in oregon 1
Police Investigating Early Tuesday Morning Fata... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sara Bella 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••