Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded m...

Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last minutes

There are 26 comments on the A liberal dose story from Feb 27, 2008, titled Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last minutes. In it, A liberal dose reports that:

HURST -- A 911 call about the fatal shooting of a 20-year-old this month reveals the shock of the man's companions and conflicting statements about why they were meeting with the suspects.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at A liberal dose.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
i love reed

Rogers, AR

#23 Apr 5, 2010
Texas mom wrote:
There are alot of opinions regarding this case...I will say it again...all of these kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Its too bad that a young man had to die for the community to take notice. Its too bad that the one who actually pulled the trigger will spend very little time in jail for killing a man. I am the mother of a boy who knows Dallas, this young man has been in my home, and I pray that he keeps his chin up and keeps the faith!! He is a good kid that most likely got caught up in the wrong crowd. Do I believe that he set this up, no I don't!! He is a kind young man, and I have seen nothing but respect come from him. I hope he knows that the people and his friends from Newark are praying for him. Our prayers also go out to Reed's family and friends, and hope that they make it through this very difficult time. I hope that all of the people passing judgment on these kids remember that it could have been one of yours.
screw everyone that thinks its OK to let your friend TAKE A GUN to a stupid fight. MY FRIEND IS DEAD. for what?? nothing, being in the wrong place at the wrong time? AND that STUPID kid walks with a tiny bit of time? I GOT A LIFE SENTENCE THAT DAY. and multiple stupid kids walk away with murder. I WANT MY FRIEND BACK, SCREW DALLAS AND EVERYONE THAT WAS INVOLVED WITH KILLING AN INNOCENT MAN. and for a mother to come say he's so good, how would you feel if it was your kid? and my friend was the one who called and told us to " come get him?" and you NEVER saw your child again. think about idiot. if people choose to act like dogs, we shall treat them like dogs. regardless of age, even at 15, you know what is right and wrong, going with your buddys to "fight" with a LOADED WEAPON, its wrong. IDIOT!!!!!!!
RIP Reed

Weatherford, TX

#24 Jan 7, 2011
I am a friend of the victim, Reed Ballard, and for you all to say "its not their fault" is total bullshit. You do the crime, do the time. What if it was you that got shot, would you want you killer to walk away with probation? regaurdless of age. You know right from wrong by the time your in school. let them rot
Stephen

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Jul 26, 2011
I still pass by Reeds old house time to time. I hope his killer gets hit by a drunk driver. I lost the first friend I ever had. Our parents used to set up damn play dates when we were toddlers. So screw off with defending these kids.
Casey

Fort Worth, TX

#26 Aug 7, 2011
I just wish Reed was still alive. Do what ever is needed to make things. The killer and who ever was involved should not see the light of day again. Reed won't get to. Even I feel guilty because he called me the night of and who knows for what for but i didn't answer. Now I will never hear his voice again. So for all I care let the whole gang get the same punishment. Stupid kids.
Katie Freeman

Lanham, MD

#27 Feb 6, 2012
Let me just say everyone who says they love Dallas and all the f****** Kids who f****** MURDERED my friend are AS****** and IDIOTS. You have no f****** clue how bad it hurts to hear your close friend has died. I was at work that night waiting to get off so i could hang out with my best friend Sheldon and Redd and my ex and then I get a call from my ex saying Sheldon called him and Reed was Dead. I didn't believe himn. Thought he was lying, I was very wrong. He was shot and died in Sheldons arms. No only did Reeds death affect his Family, but his death affected my Best friend she was never the same after he died. My ex lost it because Reed was his best friend and it messed up our relationship. And daniel lost it too. Everyone was copletley torn up. You might not know the people I'm naming but these are some of the people Reed regularly hung out with Especially Sheldon and Daniel. But no. Those Stupid Idiots had to bring a fucking Gun AND ruine an innocent life as well as the lives of others. Killing someone is like a domino effect. It doesn't just hurt one person.
Russell Dow Sister

Baltimore, MD

#29 Nov 24, 2013
No of you know the truth about none of this .. My brother the "15 year old dog" all of you are talking about was never there for the robbery .. he is locked up for a long time for a crime he didnt do , knowing his past and how the police are with family it was easy to take him down .. with no gun , or gunpowder on none of his clothes .. we hired a PI and after the case was closed we found out they had no kind of evidence on my brother just testimony.. All 8 ! Yes 8 guys , not 7.. 1 was released with no time , and the other were given less time if they all testify against my brother .. which yeah , those bum ass fucktard wanna be's did , and my bro was given 24 , Miguel was given 40 because he violated his p.o due to him and j in a video holding guns saying the were going to shoot scott , bc scott robbed miguel and pee'd all over his bed and took his stash.. but just so happened reed
was killed bc of fuckin paper rock scissors.. I know my brother he is the sweetest warm hearted person I know , plus he was close to reed!! Russells last words to us was , sissy , mom yall didnt see the look on all of their faces , theyve never been in jail they were scared , im fine I got this .. he was the most loyal muthafucka in HEB and was no gangmember , he was allies with all tuem fake ass gangs all he ever did was rep his hood where he was born Norside and everyone respected that ! now years later , the truth comes out , miguel is writing all his lil friends about how he killed reed .. and it was all him .. how my brother wasnt apart of it.. yeah stupid fuckin hurst police he was at home from 8pm-8am I know I was there with him n his girl .. shit even the time I was there me n my girl z was texting him.. so now you know .. FREE RUSSELL DOW , RIP REED. ♥

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuesday Morning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lancaster toddler drowns in backyard pool (Mar '08) Apr '15 Adjex 4
News Sal Mena Jr. may plead guilty (Feb '09) Dec '13 Corrupt Judge 8
News Hershey to close main plant (Jun '10) Jun '13 What Up wit dat 67
News Welcome Chad Evans to WLFI (Aug '10) Apr '13 Herman 5
News Former employee sues Daystar over affair (Dec '10) Sep '12 buck 2
News Tuesday Morning ex-CEO says fired after breast ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 cris in oregon 1
News Police Investigating Early Tuesday Morning Fata... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sara Bella 1
More from around the web