Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last minutes

Full story: A liberal dose

HURST -- A 911 call about the fatal shooting of a 20-year-old this month reveals the shock of the man's companions and conflicting statements about why they were meeting with the suspects.
Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Nov 24, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NONE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Dallas went to my school we were really good friends. Knowing that he is locked up makes me sad if he wasnt the one who killed Reed Ballard then i dont think hw should be locked up yes he was part of the scene but not the crime that was commited ...i think they should lower the price on Dallas and the rest of the students that were invloded with it but didnt kill him the kid (15 year old ) should be the only on who in in prisoned for killing him......
FREE DALLS
jdkflahlk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2008

no f that dallas set them up so hes just as guilty
renna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

ohhkay first off dallas is a great guyy<333 he is amazingg and its what drugs do to you... and he has never been mean to me or my brother he was just hanging around with the wrong people.... AND ITS THAT 15 YEAR OLDS FAULT NOT DALLAS!!!
you hear me dumbaces...

ilovedallas hes like a brotherr to me<33
he didnt do it!!
marissa

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

NONE wrote:
Dallas went to my school we were really good friends. Knowing that he is locked up makes me sad if he wasnt the one who killed Reed Ballard then i dont think hw should be locked up yes he was part of the scene but not the crime that was commited ...i think they should lower the price on Dallas and the rest of the students that were invloded with it but didnt kill him the kid (15 year old ) should be the only on who in in prisoned for killing him......
FREE DALLS
i know dallas was my baby boi
marissa

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

jdkflahlk wrote:
no f that dallas set them up so hes just as guilty
go suck a d**k thats my man
no-name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

i knew dallas in elementary school and he was such a nice guy.."what happened to you?" and i was one block away and i had no idea what was happeing till 2 hours later...i just want justice to be serverd no matter what..whoever did it deserves what they get..but it better not be nothing...justice NEEDS to be served..
no name

Crowley, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

all the people involved are losers except reed. and they should all be locked up for life. all i can say is god will punish all of them but reed. you know as well as i do.

Since: Jun 07

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

big bad John wrote:
<quoted text> No name get a name. First of all this topic stinks and shouldn,t you and your freinds find a better topic then this? For me it,s not something people want to hear right? Therefore I big bad john doesn,t allow this.
John...quit going to the NRH Library to access the free internet. Police reports have been made about a homeless man (thats you) coming in the library, drinking all the free coffee and scaring the Librarians. Stop going there now!
Texas mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2008

There are alot of opinions regarding this case...I will say it again...all of these kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Its too bad that a young man had to die for the community to take notice. Its too bad that the one who actually pulled the trigger will spend very little time in jail for killing a man. I am the mother of a boy who knows Dallas, this young man has been in my home, and I pray that he keeps his chin up and keeps the faith!! He is a good kid that most likely got caught up in the wrong crowd. Do I believe that he set this up, no I don't!! He is a kind young man, and I have seen nothing but respect come from him. I hope he knows that the people and his friends from Newark are praying for him. Our prayers also go out to Reed's family and friends, and hope that they make it through this very difficult time. I hope that all of the people passing judgment on these kids remember that it could have been one of yours.
Concerned Parent

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Too bad that when you are with someone that does that, then you are responsible too. That's the law. They were all there for a robery, and unfortunately it went wrong. All 7 of them should be held responsible. When will you kids ever learn that you can't get away with terrorizing people? Give 'em the death penalty! Especially Miguel.
Cant believe stupidity

Crandall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

NONE wrote:
FREE DALLS
Dallas was an accessory to murder. He claimed the other victim broke into his home, without reporting the incident, or having proof of who commited this crime, blamed the other victim. It was a set up that Dallas was involved in... HE SHOULD BE IN JAIL... AND FOR A LOOOONNNGGGG TIME!
Texas Mom

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Cant believe stupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
Dallas was an accessory to murder. He claimed the other victim broke into his home, without reporting the incident, or having proof of who commited this crime, blamed the other victim. It was a set up that Dallas was involved in... HE SHOULD BE IN JAIL... AND FOR A LOOOONNNGGGG TIME!
You should get your facts straight....dallas never said or implied that it was his home that was broken into, that was Miguel. While he should be there for his part in it, that part IS NOT Capital Murder. Time and a trial will bring out the real truth, I hope to find that all of you who are sooooooo quick to pass judgement on others when he is found innocent of the charge against him. Think before you speak, especially things you know very little about!!
stupidity

Crandall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

Texas Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get your facts straight....dallas never said or implied that it was his home that was broken into, that was Miguel. While he should be there for his part in it, that part IS NOT Capital Murder. Time and a trial will bring out the real truth, I hope to find that all of you who are sooooooo quick to pass judgement on others when he is found innocent of the charge against him. Think before you speak, especially things you know very little about!!
The last thing I can stand is stupid remarks. Either way it went, Dallas chose to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. HE IS APART OF MURDER!!!! Wether he shot the gun or not. HE WAS THERE.
stupidity

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

big bad John wrote:
<quoted text> I know one thing you are certainly right! However I,am leaving this forum and get used to it you will see all kinds of stupid post on here from people it,s really amazing. But it,s time that I left all forums I,am going to be doing alot of storm chasing now and not to metion doging baseballs at the ball=park. Today I skinny toothpicked size man came up to my door crying and whinning all over a lame responce I gave to him along time ago. I had to chase him off my property so he would stop whinning. No it wasn,t eal are any of these other guys but some guy from the far past. Again get used to these odd forums.
I've read your previous comments... you clearly have some issues.... We refuse to choose another topic to discuss because the victims in this case are family or close friends. If you have nothing better to do then get involved in something you don't know anything about and have nothing considerate to say, then you should contact someone for help.
Ryann

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2008

Dallas is my best friend me and that kidd were like peanut butter and jelly we were always together he is a fabulous kidd and would never do anything he wasnt supposedd to, yeahh maybe he was there that was a mistake but he knows whats right and whats wrong and he just happened to be hanging out with the wrong crowd at the wrong time. This kidd would never hurt a fly, he scared of needles for goodness sakee!! i love him to death and i will always be there for him no matter what. He is and always will be my best friend..I love you James Dalls Hugins.=)
Me not you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

I love Dallas! He is my favorite criminal! They dont come any better than him! If I ever get murdered, I want him to be the one to do it!
chingoblingo2

Kemp, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

wow, its amazing how people realize after the fact that they them selves or a loved one was with the wrong crowd at the wrong place or time. Common people wake up, wanting to be a badass is a choice....so he or she will always be with wrong crowd in the wrong place at the wrong time...
SUNRISESONME

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2009

HEY
eight_one_seven

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

damn this is fuct up, readin about all these little punk azz kids that think their fukkin thugs, i knew reed and its fuct up that some little bitcchh shot him not knowin what tha fcuk he was doin. just shows that drugs kill people, i live in heb and used to do alotta heroin n all that shiit, not worth it. rip reed
i love reed

Rogers, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

screw everyone that thinks its OK to let your friend TAKE A GUN to a stupid fight. MY FRIEND IS DEAD. for what?? nothing, being in the wrong place at the wrong time? AND that STUPID kid walks with a tiny bit of time? I GOT A LIFE SENTENCE THAT DAY. and multiple stupid kids walk away with murder. I WANT MY FRIEND BACK, SCREW DALLAS AND EVERYONE THAT WAS INVOLVED WITH KILLING AN INNOCENT MAN. and for a mother to come say he's so good, how would you feel if it was your kid? and my friend was the one who called and told us to " come get him?" and you NEVER saw your child again. think about idiot. if people choose to act like dogs, we shall treat them like dogs. regardless of age, even at 15, you know what is right and wrong, going with your buddys to "fight" with a LOADED WEAPON, its wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tuesday Morning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sal Mena Jr. may plead guilty (Feb '09) Dec '13 Corrupt Judge 8
Hershey to close main plant (Jun '10) Jun '13 What Up wit dat 67
Welcome Chad Evans to WLFI (Aug '10) Apr '13 Herman 5
Former employee sues Daystar over affair (Dec '10) Sep '12 buck 2
Tuesday Morning ex-CEO says fired after breast ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 cris in oregon 1
Police Investigating Early Tuesday Morning Fata... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sara Bella 1
Sunset land article brings response (Aug '08) Feb '12 Buster - native E... 3

Search the Tuesday Morning Forum:
•••