Bush book praised in Dallas, criticized overseas

Full story: El Paso Times 14
Autograph-seekers descended on a Dallas shopping center Tuesday as former President George W. Bush officially kicked off the release of his new memoir, receiving praise for his candor at a hometown bookstore even as his renewed defense of waterboarding as an interrogation tactic was greeted with derision overseas. Full Story
Wise Up

Apollo, PA

#1 Nov 10, 2010
The Republican party would be wise to get Dubya out of the face of the media. Most people have better things to do than read his BS.

If they ever wise-up, Republicans will find some talent outside the old stagnated past; retire Newt Gingrich and keep Karl Rove caged up.
Gen Hardon

El Paso, TX

#2 Nov 10, 2010
It will be in the bargain books table in 2 weeks... what a loser for a president.
Mel

El Paso, TX

#3 Nov 10, 2010
You must be a stupid liberal. You listened to Obama's BS and look where that has got us. In debt to our eyeballs!! A President with no backbone who can't seem to make a decision and stick with it. We have 2 more yrs of his crap.
Why don't you do something different, use your brain but then again it is easier to kick back on welfare and let the Republicans keep on working to pay for it!
Stupid liberal!
Dr Diablo

El Paso, TX

#4 Nov 10, 2010
Mel wrote:
You must be a stupid liberal. You listened to Obama's BS and look where that has got us. In debt to our eyeballs!! A President with no backbone who can't seem to make a decision and stick with it. We have 2 more yrs of his crap.
Why don't you do something different, use your brain but then again it is easier to kick back on welfare and let the Republicans keep on working to pay for it!
Stupid liberal!
And you most definitely are an idiotic neocon with a selective memory. If I remember correctly, the fool who started off all of the debt was, guess who, Dubya... The idiot got a budget surplus from Clinton and put us on the cliff's edge by the time his term ended. Unprecedented. Yet you want to get the fools who got us into this mess back in control... right, Einstein.
As for a "backbone", I wish the "decider" would have thought more about putting having putting us in a war under false pretenses (which has put us further in the hole) instead of playing cowboy.
As for your last "suggestion", you just spew typical idiotic rhetoric that simpletons like Rush and Beck feed you... at least be more original and derive an original thought, but then again, I am sure you like to emulate your hero Dubya's intellectual prowess.
Mousie

El Paso, TX

#6 Nov 10, 2010
OK stop calling each other names! We can agree to disagree. Does anyone remember 9/11??? We didn't know what the heck was happening, someone, something declared war on the US!! The airline industry took a nose dive because of that, we had to go into tremendous national debt to build up our security and armed forces. Would you have rather he said, let's just clean up the rubble in NY and forget about it. No big deal...Do I like all his decisions, NO, but he owns them. And I would never wish that job on anyone!
Devil man

Organ, NM

#7 Nov 10, 2010
I was shocked that it appears Bush can read.
AmPat

Artesia, NM

#8 Nov 10, 2010
AMERICAN PATRIOTS - A CALL TO ACTION!!
Former President George W. Bush confesses in his newly published memoir and in a national television news interview that HE personally approved of torture, specifically waterboarding, against U.S. detainees - which is in direct violation of the laws of the United States of America and articles of the Geneva Convention.
DEMAND THE PROSECUTION OF GEORGE W. BUSH AND RICHARD CHENEY NOW!!!

EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER THE LAW
Silverado - EP

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Nov 10, 2010
Typical weak, uninformed, comments from my fellow straight-voting El Paso sheep.
Devil man

Organ, NM

#10 Nov 10, 2010
I am shocked at those idiots that waited in line to get their bathroom reading material signed by that puppet
Be Aware

El Paso, TX

#11 Nov 10, 2010
WOW!! This story brought the bugs out from under the rugs. I believe that in time Bush will be one of historys better presidents. On the other hand when everything finally surfaces about Obama we will find that we have been tricked. All of you new Texas congress people Pay close attention to what Oklahoma is doing and follow closely.
Devil man

Organ, NM

#12 Nov 10, 2010
Be Aware wrote:
WOW!! This story brought the bugs out from under the rugs. I believe that in time Bush will be one of historys better presidents. On the other hand when everything finally surfaces about Obama we will find that we have been tricked. All of you new Texas congress people Pay close attention to what Oklahoma is doing and follow closely.
Oh, you mean the whole marrying your cousin thing
Richard

AOL

#13 Nov 10, 2010
God Bless George W Bush. He did what he had to do to protect us. Too bad our current President is a coward and sleeps with the enemy
Obamaself

Washington, DC

#14 Nov 10, 2010
I love it! DECISION POINTS on America is like an exterminator when he turns on the lights....All the liberal cockroaches scatter for lives pissed off! Hope you lose sleep over his decisions, because I will sleep fine.
NObama

El Paso, TX

#15 Nov 10, 2010
Who cares what the stinky Europeans think!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuesday Morning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sal Mena Jr. may plead guilty (Feb '09) Dec '13 Corrupt Judge 8
Panic, tears on 911 tape in wounded man's last ... (Feb '08) Nov '13 Russell Dow Sister 26
Hershey to close main plant (Jun '10) Jun '13 What Up wit dat 67
Welcome Chad Evans to WLFI (Aug '10) Apr '13 Herman 5
Former employee sues Daystar over affair (Dec '10) Sep '12 buck 2
Tuesday Morning ex-CEO says fired after breast ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 cris in oregon 1
Police Investigating Early Tuesday Morning Fata... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Sara Bella 1

Tuesday Morning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE