Car fire raises safety concerns for T...

Car fire raises safety concerns for Tata Motors

There are 6 comments on the Oregonlive.com story from Mar 25, 2010, titled Car fire raises safety concerns for Tata Motors. In it, Oregonlive.com reports that:

A brand new silver Tata Nano -- heralded as the world's cheapest car -- burns on a suburban street of Mumbai, India.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oregonlive.com.

mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#1 Mar 26, 2010
REVO V/S NANO hahhahaha
levelheaded

Honolulu, HI

#2 Mar 26, 2010
This is good news for the auto industry inside India. Indian buyers can now by anything but the Nano. I would strongly recommend that buyers put the safety of themselves and their families first. Please do not buy the Nano anymore. All Indian buyers should stay away from the Nano. If all Indian buyers refuse to buy the Nano, then the Nano makers will be forced improve the Nano. It is all about competition. Competition among the auto makers is good for the Indian buyers. Please buy any other car but the Nano. All Indians should boycott the Nano. If the Nano faces competition and survivies, it may even become export-worthy.

In any case, you as the buyer have to put the safety of you and your family first
gogobar

Bangkok, Thailand

#3 Apr 7, 2010
Haha, india wobbleheads better stick to moving about on their smelly feets, or by using their jalopy Ambassadors if they don't want to be 'tata fried chickens'!!
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#4 Apr 10, 2010
gogobar wrote:
Haha, india wobbleheads better stick to moving about on their smelly feets, or by using their jalopy Ambassadors if they don't want to be 'tata fried chickens'!!
Our Revi Pakistan made car is of more comfort and above all it never catches Fire like Nano does its the 5th such Incident
veerachai

Bangkok, Thailand

#6 Apr 10, 2010
mICHEAL wrote:
<quoted text>Our Revi Pakistan made car is of more comfort and above all it never catches Fire like Nano does its the 5th such Incident
Naturally, that's because Revo doesn't have an engine or need any petrol. I heard that there is an opening on the floor where the driver can insert his feet to the ground and propel the vehicle along...
IndianTeenager

Mount Morris, MI

#7 Apr 10, 2010
I think there's too much being made of the incidents. The company's response has been mostly prompt and responsible. Even hi-tech cars made by technological giants ( Toyota Prius, for example) can have major faults. And from what I heard, tata has already found the problem (a short circuit near the steering column) and are now finding ways of fixing it. The nano is undeniably a very cool piece of miniature engineering by tata.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tata Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need help from Spain.....key (Sep '16) Sep '16 Manuel 1
News In Tesla, electric car makers find a spark (Apr '16) Apr '16 Solarman 1
News Tata Motors takes one step forward, Plans to lo... (Jan '16) Jan '16 sahib chauhan 2
tatabolt purchase (Dec '15) Dec '15 RAGHUNATHAREDDY N 1
Rallycar (Nov '15) Nov '15 Defiri 1
News Tata Motors and COLORS Join Hands for Mission S... (May '14) May '14 harish chand 2
News Easier flights abroad likely for local airlines... (Jan '14) Jan '14 More cold coming 1