Census Returns to Paper Count -- Popu...

Census Returns to Paper Count -- Population, Florida, Harris Corp.

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Census Returns to Paper Count -- Population, Florida, Harris Corp.. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Technology problems will force the government to count all of the nation's 300 million residents the old-fashioned way in the 2010 census -- with paper and pencil.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Bruno Tam

Marquette, MI

#1 Apr 3, 2008
Lets see if I've got this . The census takers aren't smart enough to use a hand held device . The Department of Commerce just ordered any old piece of junk . And the Harris Corp is more than happy to take 600 million dollars and provide that junk . And they hope to squeeze even more tax dollars out of the Department of Commerce in a continuing effort to provide more junk .
American Chick

Aurora, MO

#2 Apr 3, 2008
Bruno Tam wrote:
Lets see if I've got this . The census takers aren't smart enough to use a hand held device . The Department of Commerce just ordered any old piece of junk . And the Harris Corp is more than happy to take 600 million dollars and provide that junk . And they hope to squeeze even more tax dollars out of the Department of Commerce in a continuing effort to provide more junk .
Yep - you got it. Lets see 1 potato, 2 potato, uhhh - whats next? Need more tax dollars to figure it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Technology Solutions Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Microfiber fabric makes its own electricity? (May '08) May '08 sqrlking 1
News Firm lures engineers (May '08) May '08 Hear this 2
News New Pittsfield tech firm lures engineers (May '08) May '08 BAE Employee in NH 6
News 5 new Chicago magnet schools would emphasize te... (Apr '08) May '08 daved 5
News 'Earth Hour' gives a chance to take stand again... (Mar '08) Apr '08 tree huggers unite 27
News City readies for lights out -- Public Officials... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Darkwater 125
News When a disease is donated -- Diseases, Virginia... (Mar '08) Mar '08 nova0311 25
More from around the web