Eminent Domain Fight Has a Canadian T...

Eminent Domain Fight Has a Canadian Twist

There are 1 comment on the Gainesville.com story from Oct 17, 2011, titled Eminent Domain Fight Has a Canadian Twist. In it, Gainesville.com reports that:

A Canadian company has been threatening to confiscate private land from South Dakota to the Gulf of Mexico, and is already suing many who have refused to allow the Keystone XL pipeline on their property even though the controversial project has yet to receive federal approval.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gainesville.com.

Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

#1 Oct 18, 2011
The bigger the buck holders
The more they threat
By Dwight Baker
[email protected]
10/18/11
SUBJECT: Eminent Domain Fight Has a Canadian Twist
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20111017/Z...

EXCERPT
A senior State Department official, who asked not to be identified because the permit process is continuing, said TransCanada had not sought federal approval to invoke eminent domain. He said the department had no authority on the issue and that it was up to state law and the courts to determine appropriate use of eminent domain laws.
MY TAKE
Big shot private companies take no prisoners. They go for the throat all the time worst than what we find in the animal kingdom. Now who is really behind getting this pipeline deal done? Exxon Mobil. And as most know that Exxon Mobil has been cutting throats since John D. Rockefeller set up the ways the company would work long after his death.

No company can enforce Eminent Domain unless stupidly allowed by the landowners. That is the bottom line yet as the Senior State Department Official stated he did not want to be identified. I suppose he knows how getting his throat cut does not set well either.

One more reason many around the world today are saying and doing OCCUPY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

TransCanada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Inside The Herald - If a community is only wort... (Jan '08) Sep 18 why Herald MIA 56
News TranCanada donates $200K to rink expansion project (Nov '12) Sep 12 Meanwhile 11
News Power generating station beginning to take shape (Jan '08) Sep 8 did NEB approve p... 132
News Oil companies are just not that into Keystone XL. Jul '17 George S 1
News Resistance That Won't Quit: A Timeline of the K... Jun '17 Eric V 1
News Gas plant plume 'no threat' (Mar '11) Apr '17 trail of oil 2
News Trump's Keystone XL Decision Sets Up New Fight ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 FireyFellow44 6
More from around the web