$10 toy hamster may be big Christmas ...

$10 toy hamster may be big Christmas hit, Toys R Us testing ind...

There are 10 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 24, 2009, titled $10 toy hamster may be big Christmas hit, Toys R Us testing ind.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The nation's biggest toy-store chain is placing its holiday bets - and because the stakes are high, the prices are lower.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

God

Pickerington, OH

#1 Sep 24, 2009
Uh oh...will this mean hamsters are eventually going to become an endangered species?
Balls Deep

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 24, 2009
Are these the same hamsters that were featured in the Disney movie??
goatboy

Columbus, OH

#3 Sep 24, 2009
If the robo-hamster dies, don't flush the thing down the toilet. It may plug your plumbing.

If your real hampster dies, you can feed it to your cat.
Matt

Columbus, OH

#4 Sep 24, 2009
This is how Skynet started out in the Terminator.

There is a 'adult oriented' feature for Disney to do - Terminator H, instead of gleaming chrome robotic humanoid killing machines, we get gleaming robotic hamsteroid killing machines wiping out humanity.

Maybe that was the first draft of 'G Force'
A parent

Dublin, OH

#5 Sep 24, 2009
Cost of toys going down? Kids expecting less at Christmas? Maybe this recession has a gold lining after all.
oprahs goiter

Columbus, OH

#6 Sep 24, 2009
Richard Gere approves.
buckeye betty

Columbus, OH

#7 Sep 24, 2009
Looked on line--the toy is now going for anywhere from $15 to $30--yeah $10--right!
Jay

Columbus, OH

#8 Sep 24, 2009
Checked around out of curiosity and this thing is sold out everywhere.

You can find them online but prices are already more than doubled.
Jean

Columbus, OH

#9 Sep 24, 2009
And why do you want your child playing with a toy rodent? What ever happened to dolls cars blocks games.
My grandpa

Columbus, OH

#10 Sep 25, 2009
Jean wrote:
And why do you want your child playing with a toy rodent? What ever happened to dolls cars blocks games.
I agree!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toys R Us Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toys 'R' Us posts strongest holiday sales in years Jan 11 Ruth Dran 1
former employees (Apr '09) Oct '15 Sona 7
News Toys R Us plans to hire fewer holiday season wo... Oct '15 Sona 10
interview with composer of Toys R Us jingle Sep '15 PaulLevinson 1
News Lawsuit accuses Toys R Us chain of discriminati... (Jul '07) Jul '15 Too little too late 10
News eBay Inc (NASDAQ:EBAY) Enterprise Unit Sale Dea... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Philip Cohen 1
When is the 90% off Christmas clearance this year? (Jan '15) Jan '15 JayLikesToys 1
More from around the web