Feds Urge Vigilance on Toy Safety -

Feds Urge Vigilance on Toy Safety -

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 20, 2007, titled Feds Urge Vigilance on Toy Safety -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Urging shoppers to be vigilant, federal regulators on Tuesday highlighted a broad array of potential toy safety hazards, including the lead-based paint that forced manufacturers to recall millions of popular ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“ANARCHY... NEXT STOP”

Since: Sep 07

NY

#1 Nov 20, 2007
It is China's secret weapon to destroy the USA.
We should poison their rice...
CBunny

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Nov 20, 2007
My generation grew up with these toys and I don't remember anyone being killed by any. Barbie didn't dress like a Hollywood & Vine street walker and G.I. Joe was a foot tall -- of course most toys back then were also MADE IN AMERICA. We also brought plastic knives and forks with our lunches and shared aspirin with a friend if they needed it. This zero tolerance crap is for the birds.
Anndee

Appleton, WI

#4 Nov 20, 2007
It's the global economy stupid!
Be careful what you wish for....
Company's shipped our work to other countries for many reasons, for cheap labor, no govenment environmental controls,inspection controls, etc.
Now,it's coming back at us.
It's the global economy stupid?
toy are junk

United States

#5 Nov 21, 2007
Hah!!!! This is a joke about federal toy inspection, isn't it? My wife wanted to go go to Chinatown to do some shopping. I told her "why bother going there, if you want Chinese junk just go to Wal Mart:.
Mo Lubee

Orlando, FL

#6 Nov 21, 2007
It's amazing that dangerous toys endangering little kids are still on the shelves.

A lot of working poor don't read newspapers or watch tv news. They will be heading down to Poisons R Us and Wally World to buy their kids Christmas presents.

So where's all the regulations and enforcement?

Looks like our enemies don't need to knock our buildings down or defeat our armies, they just send over poisoned food and toys; the stupid Americans will just kill themselves.
Dave

Tacoma, WA

#7 Nov 22, 2007
We can all do better by spending our hard earned money on American Products. Try this site for a listing of American Made Products http://www.americansworking.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toys R Us Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rusty Rivets New Toys Preview Here!! Aug 3 enjoytheride 1
News Mattel stung by Barbie, Fisher-Price sales drops (Feb '14) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 4
former employees (Apr '09) Dec '16 Fedup 9
Thanks Toys "R" Us...we found many toys for our... (Jun '16) Jul '16 emando 2
My Friends Amazing Story (May '16) May '16 Taco Man 3333 1
SmarTrik commercial (May '16) May '16 Cammay327 1
News Toys 'R' Us posts strongest holiday sales in years (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ruth Dran 1
More from around the web