TRU has the worst return policy. Neve...

TRU has the worst return policy. Never buy electronics in TRU

Posted in the Toys R Us Forum

Olga

Bryan, TX

#1 Jan 5, 2009
During Thanksgiving I bought a Sony digital camera. On the box, the camera’s picture was silver. At home I saw it was pink. I bought it as a Christmas gift for my son and pink was not the color he wanted. I brought the camera back to the store next day. I had my receipt.
I asked a person at the Customer Service to exchange it to a silver camera. I was told they could not do it because on my receipt it was written Pink. I asked to return this product, but I was told it was also impossible because the box was open. I talked to a store’s manager, called their 1-800 number, sent a complain to the ToysRUs.
Everybody is polite and “sorry” but nothing is done to help a customer. TRU's official response is a mockery.
On the same day, I bought a digital frame to my mother-in-law at the Office Max. After Christmas (28 days after the purchase and with an open box) she decided to return it and she received a full refund.
My advice: NEVER buy electronics with TRU!!! Their customer service is the worst I ever saw.
Kayla

Richmond, VA

#2 Feb 2, 2009
The fact that it says PINK on the box and the receipt is sort of your responsibility to notice. All of our digital cameras that come in boxes are different colors than the picture on the front, but the box itself always says the color, and usually has a colored dot or corner of a label that shows what color it is. It's your fault for being unobservant. If Toys R Us takes back an opened package, we usually have to mark down the price because nobody wants to buy an electronic item that has been opened, they don't trust that it will be functional, and that loses us money. So no, we don't take lazy people's open crap back. Pay more attention and don't blame us for doing our jobs.
Robert

Saint James, NY

#3 Mar 13, 2009
Kayla, you sound like cruel individual. No wonder people get on here and complain about your service. You really should think about what you are writing when you post messages like you did above. It is because of attitudes like yours I refuse to shop in your stores. It's just not wise to get on here and tell your customers, "We don't take back lazy people's crap." and "Pay more attention." It's your job to ensure we are getting what we want when we lay down the cash.

One other note, "that loses us money" where did you receive your education? You could at least make sure you are speaking correctly if you are going to be an advocate for your company.

You owe Olga an apology for your bitterness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toys R Us Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuit accuses Toys R Us chain of discriminati... (Jul '07) Jul 26 Too little too late 10
News eBay Inc (NASDAQ:EBAY) Enterprise Unit Sale Dea... Jul 11 Philip Cohen 1
When is the 90% off Christmas clearance this year? (Jan '15) Jan '15 JayLikesToys 1
News Mattel stung by Barbie, Fisher-Price sales drops (Feb '14) Nov '14 tara 3
Toys R Us shipping question (Oct '14) Oct '14 Gurman 1
former employees (Apr '09) Oct '14 ovanightshift 6
WARNING - Babies R Us collects your Confidentia... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Sara 1
More from around the web