tired of toll

Floral Park, NY

#359 Mar 3, 2011
Spit and polish would be better than toll sub standard building practices. I guess you purchased one of their condo's. I would never ever buy another new construction home in the State of NJ or any State that allows an arbitration clause in home buying contracts. I seen a handyman special under the realest for sale in NJ and I thought how nice it would be to buy. It would be much better then this Toll Brothers Property that we are stuck with.

I was going to go put an offer in this morning, my husband is thinking it just might be a good idea. Take a hit on this garbage that Toll calls Luxury Homes and write it off at tax time next year. Put how can you sell one of there lemons to another human being, I say knock them down and start from scratch with American workers
Troll Bros are gangsters wrote:
Never buy a "Troll Brothers" home!!!! They are worse than greedy gansters! There homes are cheap, fall apart after the first year and are built with spit and polish! They are incredibly arrogant and have no integrity about the quality of what they are building....they care nothing about the prospective buyer.
Run Fast!!!!! Stay away from "Troll" Brothers!!!!
Sky

San Leandro, CA

#360 Mar 22, 2011
I am so glad I thought to research Toll. I am so in love with their developments and am starting to put in offers on some foreclosures, but now I am going to steer clear of anything built by Toll. Thanks for your posts here. May God provide his justice very soon for Toll and for all of you. No worries, they will not get away with their actions. We may never see it, but I know they will pay. Triple blessings for all of you! God is your provider and protector. Trust in Him
tired of toll

Floral Park, NY

#361 Mar 25, 2011
I am glad to hear that you researched them prior to signing with them... And thank you for you're blessing.
Sky wrote:
I am so glad I thought to research Toll. I am so in love with their developments and am starting to put in offers on some foreclosures, but now I am going to steer clear of anything built by Toll. Thanks for your posts here. May God provide his justice very soon for Toll and for all of you. No worries, they will not get away with their actions. We may never see it, but I know they will pay. Triple blessings for all of you! God is your provider and protector. Trust in Him
Unfortunate Toll Brothers

AOL

#362 Apr 7, 2011
NEVER BUY A CORRUPT TOLL BROTHERS HOME UNTIL YOU VIEW:

www.HowTollDestroyedOurLives.com
Sara Jane wrote:
Holding the land hostage for gigantic Toll Brothers profits on the backs of the local taxpayers is the norm today. We fail to hold them accountable for the school taxes that the existing residents must bear to support this kind of development that will lead to further degradation of the quality of the countryside -- traffic, more demand for local township services, and loss of valuable farmland.
Joni Mitchell was right "They paved paradise to put up a parking lot."
We need to rethink the development model especially in light of the tax burden to existing residents and the coming oil crisis. And now Toll wants the Regional Plan modified????
Finally the prevelance of back room deals and decisions in local townships is a clear violation of open government laws.
Who are they representing the people or developers?
Tom Tot

Brooklyn, NY

#363 Apr 21, 2011
Northside Piers Tower I has many issues. Google Northside Piers Curb. NSP Tower I owners declared WAR on Toll Brothers City Living. The Board of Managers and Penmark Mgr. has been put on notice they abused their fiduiciary power to the "owners." Contact NSPDRA advocate at Nothside Piers
Tower I. If your still in litigation contact Andrew Turetska at 1 Northside Piers, Brooklyn, NY, 11211
TB want to keep my money wrote:
I decided to buy an apartment in Toll Brothers' development North Side Piers in Brooklyn, NY in March of 2009. After having signed an agreement and given a $130k deposit, I lost my job and could not get approval for financing. My attorney immediately contacted the company to let them know of the situation: she told them that we could not close when we had planned and we would request additional two weeks to figure things out. We told them as well that if I could not find a solution, we would ask for my money back, which is what we ended up doing a few days after. However, Toll Brothers and specifically John Gullixston (project manager) and David Smith (attorney) decided to try to keep my money. The Agreement I signed specifically provides that I need to get a financial commitment from a bank in order to close on the property or the Sponsor should otherwise give me my money back. The Property bylaws are even clearer on this subject. However, they say that I am in default of the contract and they also accused me to have lied on the application form (which is absolutely not true and I can prove it; and in any case has nothing to do with the refund of my deposit). So, it has been almost a year now and despite numerous requests to Toll Brothers (to avoid litigation costs) and to the Attorney General (who is supposed to decide on the matter, but has years of backlog now), I have not received my deposit from the escrow account and even had to hire a litigation attorney to prevent at least that this money would be kept by Toll Brothers. Overall, I incurred high legal fees (over $30k), personal distress and health issues because of this. I lost my job and have not worked since April 2009, they are trying to keep all my savings, I do not have the apartment (which also had technical issues despite being a new construction) and I had to continue renting, with even additional costs and high risk to end my reserves pretty soon and end up on a street.
KAB

Glenview, IL

#364 Apr 21, 2011
Tom Tot wrote:
Northside Piers Tower I has many issues. Google Northside Piers Curb. NSP Tower I owners declared WAR on Toll Brothers City Living. The Board of Managers and Penmark Mgr. has been put on notice they abused their fiduiciary power to the "owners." Contact NSPDRA advocate at Nothside Piers
Tower I. If your still in litigation contact Andrew Turetska at 1 Northside Piers, Brooklyn, NY, 11211
<quoted text>
I am in the same situation...I have not been able to recoup any money....Contact Harry Bloch at HSB202@aol.com
Unfortunate Toll Brothers

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#365 Apr 28, 2011
Video: LOOKING FOR SCHMUCKS

To View:


EXPOSING:

Robert Toll & Toll Brothers, Inc.

Enclosed is a video depicting the illegal, defective, deceptive advertising, falsified permits, concealment, Public Officials Corruption, fraudulent condo that Robert Toll & Toll Brothers illegally sold us.

Please help us!

Please post on your Face Book Account, under, Screwed By Toll, click like, and sent to your friends & the media.

If you wish to contact me: DeceivedByToll@Gmail.com



Disclaimer: If you do not wish to receive any future emails, please send your email requesting not to further receive emails.
KAB

Glenview, IL

#366 Apr 29, 2011
To View: http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

EXPOSING:

Robert Toll & Toll Brothers, Inc.
tired of toll wrote:
Spit and polish would be better than toll sub standard building practices. I guess you purchased one of their condo's. I would never ever buy another new construction home in the State of NJ or any State that allows an arbitration clause in home buying contracts. I seen a handyman special under the realest for sale in NJ and I thought how nice it would be to buy. It would be much better then this Toll Brothers Property that we are stuck with.
I was going to go put an offer in this morning, my husband is thinking it just might be a good idea. Take a hit on this garbage that Toll calls Luxury Homes and write it off at tax time next year. Put how can you sell one of there lemons to another human being, I say knock them down and start from scratch with American workers
<quoted text>
KAB

Glenview, IL

#367 Apr 29, 2011
To View: http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

EXPOSING:

Robert Toll & Toll Brothers, Inc.
Troll Bros are gangsters wrote:
Run Fast!!!!! Stay away from Troll Brothers!!!!
They are no better than gangsters and have absolutely no integrity about what they put up for you to live in as long as they can take your money and run. Toll Brothers construction is cheap and quickly falls apart after a year. They are unethical, lie and should be put out of business by the sheer number of complaints from home buyers who were unfortunate enought to buy from Troll Brothers!
Don't make the same mistake that we did!!!
KAB

Glenview, IL

#368 Apr 29, 2011
To View: http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

EXPOSING:

Robert Toll & Toll Brothers, Inc.
Novi MI - Contact US wrote:
We closed in 2008 in the Wynstone sub in Oakland MI. We are currently in court with Toll and a ton of subcontractors. We have mold along with a huge laundry list of other major defects. alcasadei@gmail.com
<quoted text>
KAB

Glenview, IL

#369 Apr 29, 2011
To View: http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

EXPOSING:

Robert Toll & Toll Brothers, Inc.
Brooklyn Luxury Apt wrote:
I recently purchased a 1.5 million Toll Brothers apartment & moved in 4 weeks ago. So far, not one day has gone by without something breaking. And not one day has gone by without someone failing to show up to fix it. The heat barely works (and it's currently 23 degrees outside), it takes 30 minutes to get warm water in the shower, garbage disposal cracked & leaked water allover hardwood floors, no required cable coming into apt to hook up tv, internet & telephone, took over a week (& 3 attempts) to get that cable into apt, one sink faucet in master bath barely mounted into wall, broken bathroom mirror, floor to ceiling medicine cabinet in bathroom still hasn't had shelves & mirror door installed, counter top stains whenever liquids get on it, building staff unprofessional, overwhelmed & appear to have no previous experience, 5 blown out recessed ceiling lights, cosmetic issues with installed lights, instead of transferring our utilities the 24-hr concierge set up new accounts which created chaos with the utility companies & was a mess to untangle. We used the service because we didn't have the time to deal with that ourselves. When we informed the concierge of the problem we were told they were not responsible for any mistakes made & they would not correct the problem. We've been without heat so many times I've lost count. We just received our first power bill,$440. We moved from an Upper East Side apt building in Manhattan with basically the same number of appliances & our average monthly bill for this time of year was $130. And to top all of this off they expect us to pay the monthly maintenance charge, which is almost $3,000. Why should we have to pay for unfixed repairs & poor service? That's exactly what that money is for.
It took a lot for us to leave Manhattan & now we are seriously regretting this purchase. I actually came across this forum while researching Toll Brothers complaints because it's 4:50am & the anxiety over this all these problems has made me an insomniac. I have a 6 month old & need as much sleep as possible. I feel like an idiot for not doing my homework.
Fay

King Of Prussia, PA

#370 Jun 5, 2011
We are living in Toll brothers community which we purchased in 2006. we have difficulty selling our house because of the stucco problems and although it is under warranty, toll is saying everything is good and it was installed based on the code that they were following at that year. The inspector who inspected our house said the moisture level on stucco is twice of average and we are trying to see if we can make tools to replace our stucco se we can sell our house.
tired of toll

Greenwich, CT

#371 Jun 8, 2011
Don't go through Toll, go through the 2/10 year warranty
Fay wrote:
We are living in Toll brothers community which we purchased in 2006. we have difficulty selling our house because of the stucco problems and although it is under warranty, toll is saying everything is good and it was installed based on the code that they were following at that year. The inspector who inspected our house said the moisture level on stucco is twice of average and we are trying to see if we can make tools to replace our stucco se we can sell our house.
tired of toll

Greenwich, CT

#372 Jun 28, 2011
Here is an article where Toll is paying an undisclosed amount of money in a settlement

Home Builders to Settle Las Vegas Land Dispute - WSJ.com
Jun 17, 2011 A group of home builders including KB Home, Beazer Homes USA and Toll Brothers has agreed to pay lenders more than $250 million to settle ...
online.wsj.com/.../SB100014240527023034992045... . html -
Troll Bros are gangsters wrote:
Run Fast!!!!! Stay away from Troll Brothers!!!!
They are no better than gangsters and have absolutely no integrity about what they put up for you to live in as long as they can take your money and run. Toll Brothers construction is cheap and quickly falls apart after a year. They are unethical, lie and should be put out of business by the sheer number of complaints from home buyers who were unfortunate enought to buy from Troll Brothers!
Don't make the same mistake that we did!!!
what a mistake

Richmond, VA

#373 Aug 24, 2011
We are in the process of building in NC with Toll and would NEVER do it again! It has been bait and switch from the start and, but for the money we already have involved and can't get back, we would have pulled out long ago.
It takes forever to get a simple answer on anything and even when you get one, you can't be sure the answer won't change. One hand has no clue what the other hand is doing!
We built a house 11 years ago with a local custom builder - what a difference that experience was...
I definitely would warn people off Toll Brothers...it's been a complete drag. We can only hope that, when we move in, it won't turn into a total nightmare as described in other posts!
Annie

Clifton, VA

#374 Sep 21, 2011
I am considering buying a Toll Brothers home in Ashburn, Virginia in a community called Loudoun Valley Villages. Anyone have any advice for me? Reading the threads are making me weary about even considering them. Thanks!
George

New York, NY

#375 Sep 21, 2011
Don't move to Ashburn and or buy a house from them in Ashburn, I lived in the Belmont Country Club, a completely Toll Brother community that started falling apart as soon as it was built... trust me, toll sucks. I even had their 6 Bedroom colonial package with great rooms, which looked nothing like their models...
Annie

Washington, DC

#376 Sep 22, 2011
George wrote:
Don't move to Ashburn and or buy a house from them in Ashburn, I lived in the Belmont Country Club, a completely Toll Brother community that started falling apart as soon as it was built... trust me, toll sucks. I even had their 6 Bedroom colonial package with great rooms, which looked nothing like their models...
Is Ashburn not a good city to move to? Thanks
Surreal

United States

#377 Apr 10, 2012
Agree with Toill Brothers contracts being iron clad, however even when you goto arbitration and Win, they stop responding. The whole experience was a disaster and years later still dealing with a mess. Wish they would follow the law they make their customers follow.

Since: Mar 12

Oakland, CA

#378 Jul 6, 2012
Anything about Toll Brothers in California?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toll Brothers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cancelled contract - now Toll wants the Note (Nov '06) Dec '14 Mimi 75
Toll Mortgage Commitment Clause (Jun '11) Dec '14 Mimi 19
Toll Brothers Assigned "BBB-" Credit Rating by ... Nov '14 Mimi 1
Toll Brothers Ranked 1st Among Home Building Co... (Mar '10) Feb '14 Nothing better to do 16
Luxury Homebuilder Outpacing Peers in Recovery (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ellen 1
Short-Sellers Bet Against Homebuilders (Sep '12) Sep '12 Harry bloch 1
JMP Securities Initiates Coverage on Toll Brothers (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ellen 1
More from around the web