BP investors turn up heat on CEO Dudley

BP investors turn up heat on CEO Dudley

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 22, 2011, titled BP investors turn up heat on CEO Dudley. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

BP boss Bob Dudley is under pressure to clear up confused strategy and revive the oil giant's share price when it reports second-quarter earnings next week that will lag well behind its peers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

#1 Jul 23, 2011
I said this was going to happen months ago. BP is a company gone wrong and nothing at this time will save the day.
Provided by Dwight Baker
[email protected]
July 23, 2011

Some of BP’s best minds jumped ship during the Macondo blow out while others were told to walk the gangplank. What has been left is a crew of those trained by Lord Browne. And the giant problems that BP has created are not something that Lord Browne can do above the table as those many investors scrutinize.

Now with that what is ahead?

Attempts to unravel all those supposed assets to which in the USA many of them are in jeopardy. Is going to be a task into investigation and discovery that many will not like to see. Namely those that turned a blind eye to all the wrongs that were done during the Macondo blow out.

And I as an advocate for those folks suffering on our GOM know first hand each step that was taken unwisely that had no core of common sense or reason and went against all good oil and gas logic is a mine field for BP and their lawyers to try a go through.

Now, how many in the USA political system will take that hit too when summoned to walk the gangplank?

Bottom line. BP actions were so uncertain and un-civil we the USA citizens should have demanded we declare war on them long ago size all their assets and take over the blow out.

Yet now we sit with our backs against the wall, while all those egregious actions are before a court of law for a decision. And who knows how many of them will be kicked out. Decisions so far from that court are highly suspect.
Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

#2 Jul 23, 2011
correction next to last paragraph

seize not size

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

TNK-BP Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tnk-bp (Mar '13) Mar '13 paal hveem 1
News BP, Rosneft set up $25 billion-plus TNK-BP deal (Oct '12) Oct '12 Le Jimbo 7
News Rosneft to Replace Gazprom as Putin Energy Driv... (Oct '12) Oct '12 fukuda 1
News Russian Billionaire Vekselberg's Non-Oil Endeav... (Oct '12) Oct '12 fukuda 1
News BP Claims Victory in Russian Case (Nov '11) Nov '11 Mihail 1
News BP hit by fresh troubles as pressure builds on ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Dwight Baker 1
News Rosneft, ExxonMobil sign strategic partnership ... (Aug '11) Sep '11 Dimitri100 11
More from around the web