Toyota recalls 2.3 million vehicles

Toyota recalls 2.3 million vehicles

There are 9 comments on the WQAD story from Jan 21, 2010, titled Toyota recalls 2.3 million vehicles. In it, WQAD reports that:

New York, New York - Toyota is recalling 2.3 million U.S. vehicles to correct sticking accelerator pedals, the latest in a string of quality problems that have bedeviled the Japanese automaker.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

YES

Roanoke, VA

#1 Jan 21, 2010
I bet it is the IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE, similar to Ford's problem with its Explorers from the late '90s.
Marvin

Fishers, IN

#2 Jan 21, 2010
I bet it is because they are junk.
bill monmouth ill

Raritan, IL

#3 Jan 22, 2010
just fix it/you knew it now fix it and it sure as he-- was not the floor mats was it
Marvin

United States

#4 Jan 23, 2010
Junk!

Since: May 09

Belvidere, IL

#5 Jan 23, 2010
Is this on top of the 4.8 million late last year as well??

Check out you tube for more Toyota junk
YES

Roanoke, VA

#6 Jan 24, 2010
I only buy Fords, but one of them has done exactly the same thing and fortunately there was a building in the way to stop it before the guy working on it was killed or injured. The problem is just as prevalent with american cars (remember all the shift-lock mechanisms?)as any other. To simply pass it off as Toyota "junk" is ignorant, as are most of the comments on this thread.

Since: Dec 09

Marquette, MI

#7 Jan 24, 2010
YEs,

Thank you for an intelligent post. I love Toyota, I own 3...having said that I realize that this issue they are having is probably more a software glitch, rather than a floor mat, but it does afflict other manufacturers and it's refreshing to see someone else notice also.

It's unfortunate that it happens, but as with any technology bad things happen. PLanes crash, boats sink, space shuttles blow up....it happens.

Since: Dec 09

Marquette, MI

#8 Jan 24, 2010
beerhunter wrote:
Is this on top of the 4.8 million late last year as well??
Check out you tube for more Toyota junk
If you read the stories and they are reported accurately you will find that 4.2 million cars were recalled for floor mat entrapment. Now 2.3 are being recalled for pedals that can stick. 1.7 million of these 2.3 are also part of the first recall. This would mean an addiditional 600,000 are being recalled for throttle issues.

So in one way or another Toyota is recalling 4.8 million for this acceleration issue.

Although the way they word the stories they imply that Toyota is recalling 6.5 million....
YES

Roanoke, VA

#9 Jan 31, 2010
It's a real shame for Toyota which has been a leader in design and quality for many years. It could, however, give the U.S. manufacturers a little shot in the arm if they are able to take advantage of this situation. I've been looking at a Ford Fusion Hybrid and so far I like what I see. All the negative reviews of our posts are obviously the work of some moronic member of the UAW who has nothing better to do than beat his middle member.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Motor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Toyota surrenders sales crown to VW as threat o... Jan '17 bonk 1
News Toyota eyes battery plant (Sep '16) Sep '16 Solarman 1
News Toyota Could Capture The Market Tesla Motors (T... (May '16) May '16 Solarman 1
Importing a Toyota Prado from South America (May '07) May '16 James 40
News Toyota stops operations at Japan plants due to ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Ainu 2
how toyota company measrue their performance ? (Dec '15) Dec '15 Waseem 1
News From hybrids to SUVs, unsold cars pile up in U.S. (Dec '08) Sep '15 cntrailtents 14
More from around the web