Marshalls plans $926,000 makeover for...

Marshalls plans $926,000 makeover for new store in Santa Cruz

There are 22 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Sep 8, 2010, titled Marshalls plans $926,000 makeover for new store in Santa Cruz. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Construction crews have begun work on a $926,000 project for discount retailer Marshalls at the former Circuit City store at 1664 Commercial Way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SkiSanger

Palo Alto, CA

#23 Sep 8, 2010
"He hasn't called me," said Mendez, estimating the union has about 15 members in Santa Cruz County who are cement masons. "I'll give him a list of contractors."

$42 an hour for a cement worker and you are surprised he didn't call you? Really? Have you heard of the recession and high unemployment rate?

What exactly makes a union worker worth more than twice as much as what a non-union worker makes?
Billy Bones

Felton, CA

#24 Sep 9, 2010
What they should have done with this commercial site is reclaim it for integrated housing, manufacturing and food production.

That would of made much more sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

TJX Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tjx background check (Aug '13) Feb '15 Peter 2
News Dawn Lepore joins TJX board (Nov '13) Nov '13 Pete 1
News 9 retailers with the worst customer service (Mar '13) Mar '13 Diane 5
News 9 Retailers With Worst Customer Service (Mar '13) Mar '13 Diane 4
News Nine retailers with the worst customer service (Mar '13) Mar '13 Diane 48
News Walmart wins with a back-to-basics approach (Feb '12) Feb '12 TarGut 3
News Time to Marshall your shopping bags (Sep '11) Sep '11 HBC 1
More from around the web