Fitchburg's A.J. Wright store to clos...

Fitchburg's A.J. Wright store to close - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 20 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Dec 11, 2010, titled Fitchburg's A.J. Wright store to close - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The A.J. Wright store on John Fitch Highway is slated to close, after TJX Cos. announced Friday it was eliminating the discount chain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Keith

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Dec 12, 2010
Where are the jobs Mr. Boehner?
JUan

Brookline, MA

#2 Dec 12, 2010
no a.j. wright, i'm outta fitburg....gardner or bust, 01440 what what
Resident

Gardner, MA

#3 Dec 12, 2010
Keith wrote:
You do know that Nancy Pelosi is still Speaker, right? This is still the Democrats show until the new year. Your faux outrage is amusing, however. Were you asking that same question of the Democratic leadership a few months ago? I suspect not. You're a good little sheep.
Unionguy

Leominster, MA

#4 Dec 12, 2010
This is what happens when you have a higher tax rate for commercial and industrial property. Wake up Fitchburg City Council - your inaction is killing this City.
Stashu Piewalczykski

Ayer, MA

#5 Dec 12, 2010
Woe is me...where are we going to go now to buy all that crap made in Asia and South America?

Oops, I forgot...WallyWorld is a mile away in Luneyburg.
Resident

Gardner, MA

#6 Dec 12, 2010
Unionguy wrote:
This is what happens when you have a higher tax rate for commercial and industrial property. Wake up Fitchburg City Council - your inaction is killing this City.
Another idiot heard from. So Fitchburg's high tax rate for commercial is responsible for TJX sutting down AJ Wright and laying off 4400? Really? I've read a few articles re: TJX's actions here and this is the first mention of Fitchburg being the epicenter of the reason the chain failed.

Please, elaborate and wow the masses with your knowledge of how big business works.
JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Dec 12, 2010
Our elected leaders have made Massachusetts to expensive to live, or work in, great job folks, keep the middle class moving away
Fizbo

Leominster, MA

#8 Dec 12, 2010
Profits weren't enough, so layoffs were in order. BTW the CEO of TJX made $14+ million in salary this year...

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#9 Dec 12, 2010
Tis' good! The A.J Wright in Fitchburg sucked anyways. The worst quality, it is where the wanabe "gangster thugs" would go to dress up their spawn as the little "thugs" This was not a place to shop if you wanted quality. It was dirty, badly managed and not organized in any logical fashion. Not to mention it always has a slightly off smell. I am glad to see it go. The only place I go too is to the movie's on John Fitch other than that nothing is worth me the suspension on my car. John Fitch as is most of Fitchburg a crumbling waste of space.
Resident

Gardner, MA

#10 Dec 12, 2010
Fizbo wrote:
Profits weren't enough, so layoffs were in order. BTW the CEO of TJX made $14+ million in salary this year...
You're off by just a bit. Her 2010 salary was $1,475,000. You're off by a factor of 10.

Now, if you're talking total comp for FY '10, then you're in the ball park, but you guessed under. Her total comp in '10 was $17M+. The bulk of her comp coms from stock options, no surprise. Kudos to her for negotiating that into her contract but the board of directors is accountable for her comp package and contract.
Unitils Madoff

Wellesley, MA

#11 Dec 13, 2010
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You're off by just a bit. Her 2010 salary was $1,475,000. You're off by a factor of 10.
Now, if you're talking total comp for FY '10, then you're in the ball park, but you guessed under. Her total comp in '10 was $17M+. The bulk of her comp coms from stock options, no surprise. Kudos to her for negotiating that into her contract but the board of directors is accountable for her comp package and contract.
WOW, There are thousands of these Bernie Madoffs! All these CEOs are just ra. ping this economy! Unbelievable! What is the CEO taking home every year?
Resident

Gardner, MA

#12 Dec 13, 2010
Unitils Madoff wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, There are thousands of these Bernie Madoffs! All these CEOs are just ra. ping this economy! Unbelievable! What is the CEO taking home every year?
So this CEO is heading up a complex Ponzi scheme? Do tell.
F N Hadit

Belmont, MA

#13 Dec 14, 2010
Keith wrote:
He doesn't take his leadership position until January, libtard. You should be asking Devalue Patrick where his JOBS CREATION COMMISSION is. With the anti-business attitude of the state leadership in regards to taxes and regulations, I'm surprised there aren't a lot more closures.
Reggie

Clinton, MA

#14 Dec 14, 2010
Keith wrote:
If you ask Jen Flanagan she'll tell you the jobs are in Taiwan.
george scott------farre ll

Cleveland, OH

#15 Dec 16, 2010
it has been six years now and am glad to see what is going in the twins cities.we are living in the north western part of pa. we do miss the people of fitchburg and leominster.MAY GOD BLESS,AND KEEP YOU THIS CHRISTMAS SEAS

GEORGE/MARGARET SCOTT
VERY MADD

Fitchburg, MA

#16 Dec 16, 2010
i think thats this is gay cuz i love that stoer ppl need that store not all ppl in the worls can pay 55 on a shirt
VERY MADD

Fitchburg, MA

#17 Dec 16, 2010
well fitchburg A.J writs needs to stay open that store is very good ppl really dont got money like that to spend on the name brand close that r there so ppl need to stop hating on the store cuz i love it
Excallaber

Babson Park, MA

#18 Dec 16, 2010
dont get it always busy there
Excallaber

Babson Park, MA

#19 Dec 16, 2010
needs to be a general clothing outlet here good thing to get int0
Resident

Gardner, MA

#20 Dec 16, 2010
Bug bye. Get rid of the low rent establishments and hopefully the low rent people who frequent them will depart as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

TJX Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tjx background check (Aug '13) Feb '15 Peter 2
News Dawn Lepore joins TJX board (Nov '13) Nov '13 Pete 1
News 9 retailers with the worst customer service (Mar '13) Mar '13 Diane 5
News 9 Retailers With Worst Customer Service (Mar '13) Mar '13 Diane 4
News Nine retailers with the worst customer service (Mar '13) Mar '13 Diane 48
News Walmart wins with a back-to-basics approach (Feb '12) Feb '12 TarGut 3
News Time to Marshall your shopping bags (Sep '11) Sep '11 HBC 1
More from around the web