'We Can't Wait,' Gay Rights Activists...

'We Can't Wait,' Gay Rights Activists Say, Urging...

There are 57 comments on the International Business Times story from Apr 17, 2012, titled 'We Can't Wait,' Gay Rights Activists Say, Urging.... In it, International Business Times reports that:

Gay rights activists have adopted one of President Barack Obama's key 2008 campaign slogans, "We Can't Wait" as part of a campaign to urge the to reverse course and advance an executive order that would prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Business Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#41 Apr 18, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I woudl never vote for a Mormon because they're not Christians.(I was discussing this with my pastor yesterday). For POTUS, I will ONLY vote for a Protestant.
And yet if successful (which you won't be), your vote would help to elect the Mormon!

Whether you directly vote for Romney or not, if you vote against Obama then your vote will still end up supporting Romney.

But you're too stupid to be able to figure that out.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#42 Apr 18, 2012
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred why do you waste your time even going to the polls your voting for people who stand no chance of winning, and while some nutcase shoots up the restraint your having a bite to eat I hope you have the energy left get up to thank him along with the NRA
As a lifetime NRA member, I object to that.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#43 Apr 18, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I woudl never vote for a Mormon because they're not Christians.(I was discussing this with my pastor yesterday). For POTUS, I will ONLY vote for a Protestant.
If Romney wins the election and you didn't vote for Obama, you helped elect the candidate who would be perfectly happy to see you stretched out on a fence, as long as he thought he'd get something out of it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#44 Apr 18, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
As a lifetime NRA member, I object to that.
I have no problem with people having guns who are well-trained. Career military often possess all of the following virtues with regard to firearm handling:

1) Know how to store safely when not in use.
2) Know how to shoot accurately.
3) Know how to assess a threat and determine whether deadly force is required.
4) Know how to act deliberately.
5) Know how to diffuse situations before they become life-threatening.

Some people know they shouldn't have a gun because they lack some of the above virtues. Other people confuse watching 24 on television with being Jack Bauer. They imagine that they will always make the best possible decision in a split second and they will emerge a hero having vanquished an enemy. Those are the types of people who shoot teenagers on their way home from the minimart.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#45 Apr 18, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If Romney wins the election and you didn't vote for Obama, you helped elect the candidate who would be perfectly happy to see you stretched out on a fence, as long as he thought he'd get something out of it.
I'm a Christian, and Mormons are not Christians.

We will have a Mormon running against a Marxist-Leninist,-Stalinist rolled up into a Hitlerite-Fascist. The Obamaniac is the MOST EVIL person ever to run for POTUS.

I won't vote for the Mormon, but I certainly hope the Marxist doesn't win. And I think the Americna people have seen thru this BUM and will toss him out of office like that BUM, Carter. HArd to believe that ANYONE could be a worse POTUS than Carter, but The Obamaniac has raced him to the bottom and beat him by a mile. This disgrace makes me puke.

(btw, I'm not a supporter of The Obamaniac and I won't vote for him).

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#46 Apr 19, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
As a lifetime NRA member, I object to that.
when they got out of the business of protecting the Constitution and Bill of rights and started promoting laws like the extreme right's stand your ground law something went very wrong

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#47 Apr 19, 2012
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
when they got out of the business of protecting the Constitution and Bill of rights and started promoting laws like the extreme right's stand your ground law something went very wrong
The NRA is a little like the farm lobby: they talk about one thing (hunting or small farmers, for instance) and actually work for something completely different. Th US Chamber of Commerce works on the same principle.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48 Apr 19, 2012
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
when they got out of the business of protecting the Constitution and Bill of rights and started promoting laws like the extreme right's stand your ground law something went very wrong
We don't have sufficient numbers in the membership yet to make a dent. Why not become a quiet member and help to build the critical mass to gain the influence of one of the most powerful lobbies in the Country, eh?

In the meantime, why not help to found an LGBT competition shooting club in your area. I'm sure that must be a few gay cops/sheriffs and gay veterans in your area that could help as instructors.

Competition shooting, whether at the airgun, blackpowder,.22 or high caliber levels is a great sport, and certainly doesn't require being a Bambi-killer or serial murderer. lol

I look forward to the day that some wispy drag queen wins a national NRA competition.

Might give some fagbashers a few seconds pause, eh?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#49 Apr 19, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA is a little like the farm lobby: they talk about one thing (hunting or small farmers, for instance) and actually work for something completely different. Th US Chamber of Commerce works on the same principle.
You nailed that one on the head! Growing up on an actual family farm, I can tell you we certainly never benefited from any of those supposed farm subsidies. That all went to big agribusiness, which is why 99% of farmers actually supporting getting rid of all farm subsidies.
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#50 Apr 19, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is "forcing" you. If being gay isn't for you, then don't do it. But your random-word-generator "argument" gives you no power to tell OTHERS how to live.
You people will have a lot more credibility when you learn what words mean, and how to use them. Communism is an ECONOMICAL system, not a political one. Morals measure HARM, not sexual activity between consenting adults.
Religion is bringing its OWN destruction, by attempting to force EVERYONE to follow religious rules, by preaching doctrines that are harmful and counter to reality, and by actively encouraging division and conflict between people based on trivial differences.
Your parades are annoying, stop f'ing up my traffic.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#51 Apr 19, 2012
AntiMelting wrote:
Your parades are annoying, stop f'ing up my traffic.
I don't schedule the parades. You'll have to figure out who's in charge of that, and contact them. I haven't even been to WATCH the parade in 4 years.

Meantime, your traffic will still be affected by New Year's parades, sports bowl parades, Mardi Gras parades, St Pat's Day parades, Homecoming parades, 4th of July parades, Thanksgiving parades, and Christmas parades.

Will you be contacting all of them to free up your traffic also? Or did you just want to single out gay pride for some reason?

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#52 Apr 19, 2012
AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
Your parades are annoying, stop f'ing up my traffic.
If I may suggest stay away from central Saint Petersburg June 30th
AntiMelting

New Richmond, WI

#53 Apr 19, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't schedule the parades. You'll have to figure out who's in charge of that, and contact them. I haven't even been to WATCH the parade in 4 years.
Meantime, your traffic will still be affected by New Year's parades, sports bowl parades, Mardi Gras parades, St Pat's Day parades, Homecoming parades, 4th of July parades, Thanksgiving parades, and Christmas parades.
Will you be contacting all of them to free up your traffic also? Or did you just want to single out gay pride for some reason?
Yes, just singling out the annoying one.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#54 Apr 19, 2012
AntiMelting wrote:
Yes, just singling out the annoying one.
Ok, just checking. I see where your problem is.
Mitt s Dog Crate Roofies

Philadelphia, PA

#55 Apr 19, 2012
AntiMelting wrote:
<quoted text>
Your parades are annoying, stop f'ing up my traffic.
Keeps you from your Marcus Bachmann the Effeminate Heterosexual reparations therapy meeting?

Leave home earlier that day, cretin.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#56 Apr 19, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You nailed that one on the head! Growing up on an actual family farm, I can tell you we certainly never benefited from any of those supposed farm subsidies. That all went to big agribusiness, which is why 99% of farmers actually supporting getting rid of all farm subsidies.
Congresswoman Bachmann's family seemed to do okay with subsidies

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#57 Apr 19, 2012
I still have nightmares about a Coulter/Bachmann ticket in 2016.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Washington Post Company Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News And the Most Racist Place in America Is ... Clo... Sun fl tag 441 PZG 32
News Border Patrol Agents Warn That Border Is Still ... May 29 Cuauhtemotzin 3
News Washington Post Hits Back Against Iran Court Cl... May 28 Kar 1
News WashPost Front-Pager on Chandra Levy Murder Scr... May 26 Cuauhtemotzin 2
News Ted Cruz Moves to Block DC Laws on Gay Rights, ... May 16 WasteWater 106
News Obama set to address roots of poverty May 15 xplode 61
News a Gop insider's wise advice on immigration reform May 15 Dee Dee Dee 7
More from around the web