More Reports of Previously Undisclose...

More Reports of Previously Undisclosed Gifts to Governor

There are 21 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 5, 2013, titled More Reports of Previously Undisclosed Gifts to Governor. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The Washington Post is reporting that Governor Bob McDonnell didn't disclose a $70,000 donation to a corporation he and his sister own.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hunter

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jul 9, 2013
The democrats must think this guy is a real threat, democrats never work this hard to fling mud!
Givemeabreak

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jul 9, 2013
hunter wrote:
The democrats must think this guy is a real threat, democrats never work this hard to fling mud!
That's funny...Except that it is stupid.
The Governor is being exposed for what he is. Now his son , the elitist rich frat boy, is getting caught being his true self.
It is one thing to work the system as a politician, quite another for personal wealth.
citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jul 9, 2013
The real answer here to clean the system up is not to go after the puppet politician in question. No indeed. Rather, in this case, force the donor, in this case Star Scientific, to donate a like amount to the other political party! Just think how quickly the behind the scenes gifts would dry up for both sides and the system would start to become even handed. Don't anybody kid themselves for a second here. Democrats do the same type of antics everyday and the attitude of both groups is "anythig is legal as long as you don't get caught" which means somebody ratting the culprit out one way or the other. Why not offer tax free rewards to those that rat out "gifts" etcetera to politicians of any label?
Spud

Scottsville, VA

#5 Jul 10, 2013
What company does the gov own?

Star Scientific, I could use 50k too. Please contact me for my address.
Pappy Van Winkle

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jul 10, 2013
Governor McDonnell is a sleazeball crook who took bribes and has his friend, Attorney General Cuccinelli, refuse to investigate. These two lowlifes deserve some time in prison to think about what it means to hold public office in America.

I look forward to their trials.
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#7 Jul 10, 2013
47th out of 50

http://www.stateintegrity.org/your_state

Come on Cooch and McD... we can make 50th
not a libtard

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jul 10, 2013
hunter wrote:
ya know i really really dislike most democrats-- but this clown needs to pack his stuff and move on!!
god-fearer

Martinsville, VA

#9 Jul 10, 2013
SO, NOW WE SEE that

while MR CUCCINELLI WANTS TO BE GRAND MUFTI OF VIRGINIA,

MR MCDONNELL WANTS TO BE CALIPH, IN HIS GRAND PALACE!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jul 10, 2013
not a libtard wrote:
<quoted text>
ya know i really really dislike most democrats
thanks for the clarification, not a libgenius
concerned

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jul 10, 2013
McDonnell would fit in obamas administration just well, probably could'nt even tell any difference
Fed Up

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jul 10, 2013
the dems need to put the blame some where else just look at there great leader
Amazed

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jul 10, 2013
Too bad his son wasn't the one abused by the ABC goons.
syne

Collinsville, VA

#14 Jul 10, 2013
what a world ... one thing we can count on "impermanence" = nothing lasts for ever !

off topic has anyone else caught what destruction "fracking" is doing to Pa. water ways , how it is being kept so quiet!@#$%@?
http://www.thenation.com/article/174155/frack... #
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#15 Jul 10, 2013
concerned wrote:
McDonnell would fit in obamas administration just well, probably could'nt even tell any difference
Is that what independents mean by "illusion of choice"?
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#16 Jul 10, 2013
Fed Up wrote:
the dems need to put the blame some where else just look at there great leader
Yes, Obama made McDonnell accept gifts and told him not to disclose it. How silly of the democrats or anyone else is to place blame at McDonnell's feet, when it was clearly Obama that made him do it.
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jul 10, 2013
hunter wrote:
like Dumler and Neff are real threats lol
Pappy Van Winkle

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Jul 10, 2013
All political crooks, regardless of party, need to be weeded out and punished. To serve the public, there are rules that one must follow. When you break those rules, you have broken the public's trust and our laws and need to be punished.

Also, I'm tired of men like McDonnell and Cuccinelli embarrassing the good people of the Commonwealth. We are not rubes in a backwater and do not deserve to be portrayed or treated as such.
Jane

Orange, VA

#19 Jul 10, 2013
Where is the coverage of the "great administration" in DC? Anything Gov. McDonnell could do pales in comparison to that bunch in Washington in the white house. Let's tell the public about what is going on the white house.
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#20 Jul 10, 2013
Jane wrote:
Where is the coverage of the "great administration" in DC? Anything Gov. McDonnell could do pales in comparison to that bunch in Washington in the white house. Let's tell the public about what is going on the white house.
Are you trying to change the subject? It appears that you are suggesting that corruption at the state level is justified because you allege that corruption at the federal level is worse. Is that what you're suggesting?
G Luv

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Jul 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Are you trying to change the subject? It appears that you are suggesting that corruption at the state level is justified because you allege that corruption at the federal level is worse. Is that what you're suggesting?
I doubt it.

Really, she's suggestng that corruption by Republicans is justified because she alleges that corruption among Democrats is worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Washington Post Company Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump says it is 'easy' to build a wall ... Jul 17 dont trust obama 2
News Ted Cruz and Donald Trump to Meet in NYC Jul 15 USA Today 1
News Army cutbacks detailed, Cyberwar is Hell, and a... Jul 14 trumans treason 2
News Change.org petition seeks to change name of Jef... Jul 13 rebel111 2
News And the Most Racist Place in America Is ... Clo... Jul 13 Uber-Bro of the U... 32
News GOP leaders fear damage to party's image as Don... Jul 9 News farts 4
News USDA wants low-income seniors to use their food... Jun '15 Hello 11
More from around the web