The Break Room (Target Employee Forum!)
BRTL

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Jul 11, 2008
I was wondering if it's normal to have absolute rejects in the backroom team, 4am. I was running one last year, but had (not exaggerating) one guy that was in his 30s and no driver's license, a wacko survivalist, a former seaman with a dishonorable discharge, a drunk grandmother (on duty), and a "colleague" with a rap sheet. Do these workers get jobs there because nobody else will hire them?

Needless to say, I could gain no traction with this motley crew, and was let go at my 90-day period.

I would like some feedback as to the type of scrub that gets hired on for certain duties.
Will

Jacksonville, FL

#22 Jul 12, 2008
If you started with Target less than a year before the review process began, then you are not entitled to a raise. The whole porcess changed. Hope this helps.
madamme zoe wrote:
I am currently working at target and received a red letter card congratulating me of my one year of service, and I was pretty excited. But when everybody was enjoying their pay raise this year in which i expected i got mine but unfortunately i didnt...they showed me i was excellent in my evaluation report but i never receive a cent. Can somebody help me about this problem i am having right now? i already talk to my HR rep but she said i have to wait for couple weeks to receive another paycheck that might show I have pay raise and I waited but still it didnt show any changes. I am tired of listening "we are figuring it out".
Guest pooped on floor

Dallas, TX

#23 Jul 28, 2008
Haha, at the ridgedale store the day after blackfriday a guest who apparentaly didnt get the bigscreen he wanted went to "try on clothes" when he came out he threw the clothes at the operator and ran. She want into his fitting room. Big poo on the floor. HAHAHA who can top that? sorry but this had to go online. My friend works there and told me about it!!!!
erin

Virginia Beach, VA

#24 Jul 30, 2008
Guest pooped on floor wrote:
Haha, at the ridgedale store the day after blackfriday a guest who apparentaly didnt get the bigscreen he wanted went to "try on clothes" when he came out he threw the clothes at the operator and ran. She want into his fitting room. Big poo on the floor. HAHAHA who can top that? sorry but this had to go online. My friend works there and told me about it!!!!
the dressing rooms are regular bathrooms for our guests. either the guest poops in a food ave cup or just in the middle of the floor. the first family fitting room always stinks of urine.....

“Leetie”

Since: Jun 08

York

#25 Aug 7, 2008
Target is awful! My son got food poisoning from a tainted hot dog at the target in West York, Pa back in January. They settled out of court and gave my son a $500 gift card for his suffering. Last night I had a huge argument with the woman pharmacist at this same Target because they gave me the wrong prescription plus made me pay for both prescriptions and would not give me my money back for the wrong one she gave me. She told me never to come back to that store and I said I won't because I get the wrong prescriptions and my son gets food poisoning from their hot dogs. Well apparently the news of this tainted hot dog traveled through the employees at Target because she knew exactly what I meant by that and began laughing and said "Oh, you are the one who reported a bad hot dog." And she just thought this was hilarious. If you ask me, she was totally UNPROFFESSIONAL about the way she acted. How dare she think that my son getting food poisoning was a laughing matter! A very sick woman if you ask me and who is to say if she thinks it is funny that a 7 year old got sick, she may think it is funny to taint my medication! Certainly not a pharmacist I want to deal with any longer! She had the nerve to call security to protect her from me when I did absolutely nothing to the woman. If you ask me, that security guy doesn't need to protect her, he needs to protect young children from TAINTED hot dogs at the snack bar. Target is totally OFF my shopping favorites FOREVER!
meh

Batavia, IL

#26 Aug 11, 2008
targets are inspected regularly and rarely fail inspection if your son got food poisoning you cant blame target because they discard food that has not been sold within 60 minutes food would go bad before target even got it. you cant even say its food poison 90% of the time its not it could of just disagreed with your sons system. as for the pharmacy i dont know what to tell you its something you should have taken to the guest service desk the pharmacist would be very lenient but you say you argued which shows you were not being as calm and as respectful as you could be which made the pharmacist sick of you. they probably made a mistake and had no idea how to fix it, its not like a shirt where you can return it with medicine they probably have to go through a process but by the time they tried to tell you they were already extremely sick of you because they dont care about your son and yelling at them is not gonna help your case
Lisa L Smith wrote:
Target is awful! My son got food poisoning from a tainted hot dog at the target in West York, Pa back in January. They settled out of court and gave my son a $500 gift card for his suffering. Last night I had a huge argument with the woman pharmacist at this same Target because they gave me the wrong prescription plus made me pay for both prescriptions and would not give me my money back for the wrong one she gave me. She told me never to come back to that store and I said I won't because I get the wrong prescriptions and my son gets food poisoning from their hot dogs. Well apparently the news of this tainted hot dog traveled through the employees at Target because she knew exactly what I meant by that and began laughing and said "Oh, you are the one who reported a bad hot dog." And she just thought this was hilarious. If you ask me, she was totally UNPROFFESSIONAL about the way she acted. How dare she think that my son getting food poisoning was a laughing matter! A very sick woman if you ask me and who is to say if she thinks it is funny that a 7 year old got sick, she may think it is funny to taint my medication! Certainly not a pharmacist I want to deal with any longer! She had the nerve to call security to protect her from me when I did absolutely nothing to the woman. If you ask me, that security guy doesn't need to protect her, he needs to protect young children from TAINTED hot dogs at the snack bar. Target is totally OFF my shopping favorites FOREVER!

“Leetie”

Since: Jun 08

York

#27 Aug 11, 2008
Sorry but Target was at fault and admitted thereHot Dogs were on that grill for days. Example: What wasn't sold yesterday, was put back on the grill today. It all showed up in the security tapes. So, yes I can blame Target. As for the pharmacist, she was not even the person waiting on me, she stuck her nose in where it did not belong and started the arguement. Now, do you need any more information before you blame me for a woman thinking it is funny that my son got sick?
meh wrote:
targets are inspected regularly and rarely fail inspection if your son got food poisoning you cant blame target because they discard food that has not been sold within 60 minutes food would go bad before target even got it. you cant even say its food poison 90% of the time its not it could of just disagreed with your sons system. as for the pharmacy i dont know what to tell you its something you should have taken to the guest service desk the pharmacist would be very lenient but you say you argued which shows you were not being as calm and as respectful as you could be which made the pharmacist sick of you. they probably made a mistake and had no idea how to fix it, its not like a shirt where you can return it with medicine they probably have to go through a process but by the time they tried to tell you they were already extremely sick of you because they dont care about your son and yelling at them is not gonna help your case
<quoted text>
karen

Calabasas, CA

#28 Sep 3, 2008
Thats how I know you are lying. Target doesn't keep a camera trained on the hotdog roller for days. It may scan there for a second, but it will move to other areas. Only time it will be trained on one object for more than a minute or two is if there is something significant going on and it is manually kept there. Some people make a living out of creating problems at retailers and I think you are one of them.
Target TPS

Great Neck, NY

#29 Oct 5, 2008
See this is where you are wrong Karen, in my store we have camera's facing every register, and it happens to be the cameras watching the registers at food ave also overview the grill and popcorn mechine... Please don't accuse any guest of lying
George

Mount Juliet, TN

#30 Oct 14, 2008
This is an awesome forun.

http://www.fastpitching.com/
Login Problem

Prattville, AL

#31 Nov 18, 2008
How do I login if I have forgotten my username and password? I wanted to go online and check my schedule for next week.
Chris

Hopkins, MN

#32 Nov 19, 2008
Tim wrote:
If a Target ETL left to another store and you want to find her to keep in touch, how do you go about it?
Is there a certain format for Target e-mail addresses?
The format to email most everyone in Target is [email protected] The only time this won't work is when there are two of the same name one of the will have a 2 following their last name.
bear fan

AOL

#33 Nov 23, 2008
Hey I was just woundering,if you have favortism at all target stores or is it just the waukegan store? Some of us get our hours cut while others keep all of theirs,[ nonexecs ] like specialist.
Ashley

Longview, WA

#34 Dec 3, 2008
I don't think you can but can a GSA date someone that is an AP? Or can they get in trouble for that?
RagnaBlade47

Baltimore, MD

#35 Dec 6, 2008
bythelake wrote:
I have an interview with target coming up in a couple days. The lady who called said the opening was for something where I would be expected to come in a 4am. What should I expect and what does that job pay? I'm in michigan if that makes a difference.
thanks.
It sounds like you may be working on the Planogram team, like me. You'll be doing stocking and shelving as well as some customer service. The work is amazingly easy and the starting pay, for me at least, was $8.50/hr plus an extra $1.50 for coming in at 4am
replygrl

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Jan 3, 2009
nlb baby wrote:
my boss quit he was an exec. he was also my boyfriend but rumors got around and after a while i just let him go we just never had anything good to say to each other but on the other hand i thought he was stalking me because i get strange text messages so i got scared i don't know if i overreacted but i am in love with this man and now i just wonder about if i made the wrong decision because i was paranoid
um, ok...so he was your BOss and an exec! this is wrong on so many levels. you suspect he is stalking you if not at least sending anonymous texts? paranoid? girl....you got out just in time it seems.
replygrl

Saint Paul, MN

#37 Jan 3, 2009
um, ok...so he was your BOss and an exec! this is wrong on so many levels. you suspect he is stalking you if not at least sending anonymous texts? paranoid? girl....you got out just in time it seems.
Jcb8876

New York, NY

#38 Mar 5, 2009
So I want to start off by saying that most of these comments are totally FN funny. It's not a good idea that u date your boss, but if must all u have to do is tell someone (like hr) and I don't know about your store but in mine I used to be an FSTL, I like to say I moved to the dark side (hardlines) target has strict rules about how long anything can stay out at a hot holding temp it's 4hrs for hotdogs. I'm also servesafe certified. In other words I know all there is to know about food safety.
Sar2120

New York, NY

#39 Mar 5, 2009
RagnaBlade47 wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you may be working on the Planogram team, like me. You'll be doing stocking and shelving as well as some customer service. The work is amazingly easy and the starting pay, for me at least, was $8.50/hr plus an extra $1.50 for coming in at 4am
First off we call it the Plano team, and not all Plano teams come in at 4am so don't get their hopes too high. It could be flow, backroom, pricing or a bunch of things.
smr victor ny

AOL

#40 Mar 6, 2009
I have been on flow for 5 yrs and so much has changed. We first ran any one with a brain out of our store and above age 30 and men that had a real title.
the store looks like yuck thanks to our cleaning crew hired outside of course they spend more time on their phones,yelling spanish across the store and a broom is a no comprenda. I notice reshops are thrown any where we dropped titles so double time for leads. We have no hours and even some team leads are now cut. We can not even stay on like in the past in order to finish the trucks.
The morals of pride mean nothing and it shows.
The slow period is always around this time but going from 40 or even 35 hrs down to 20 per person across the board tends to be sending tempers and work ethics out the window.
The quality is gone and focus seems to be #'s and $$. I see wasted time by dayside and the blame game is endless-team is not in our store. The boards are empty cuz noone cares to write a thank you. Iknow the recycle of people is common but we are losing real workers to cocky young zit poppers. Flow basically is the cIhyfs crew cuz we have noone on the floor.
After 8am we have 2 pushers and 2 back room at this point and 1 sfl pusher as far as flow team.
Bringing plano on at 4am cuts in our $$ since our plano is always late or mmm no shows.(but we keep these people}
We loose hours cuz day side has none so they come to flow for 4hrs to push instead of giving our team the hours.
This is the worse I have seen in 5yrs with the hr restrictions.
The great by 8-fine by 9- done by 1-screwed by 2 has been a joke with us since that program came out oh wait I think it never made it to our front door.
FEED BACK please. What are the hardships for you all??? We are sad and mad...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Target Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What exactly is my job? Aug 1 Vbr87 1
News Target Corp. (TGT) Lowered to Sell at Zacks Inv... Jul '16 Brian 1
News Expecting more from Target (May '13) Jul '16 jim crow AIPAC 5
News Transgender woman accused of videotaping 18-yea... Jul '16 AIPAC steals 1
News Transgender woman accused of fitting-room voyeu... Jul '16 Horky stalks 2
News Target stock plummets as "transgender" bathroom... Jul '16 Hillary liar liar 110
direct deposit to closed account? Jul '16 targettm 1
More from around the web