Tesla Shares Skid 7% On Sell Rating

Dec 23, 2010 Full story: Fox News

Tesla Motors , Inc. shares fell almost 7% to $30.43 on Thursday after Capstone Investments initiated coverage of the electric car maker with a sell rating and a $22 price target.

Full Story
Bill King

Sparks, NV

#1 Dec 24, 2010
CAPSTONE WHO???

What kind of a second rate, 2 bit investment firm issues a sell rating on stock during the quiet holiday trading period when there are very few participants to react. Probably one that has shorted the stock and wants to intentionally manipulate its price. And what's with the one sentence comment with no additional analysis available.

I the SEC investigates this kind of stuff. Unfortunately, our new financial oversight bill still doesn't protect us from this kind of stuff.

I hope the stock comes back stronger than ever and slams the door on these greedy little insignificant jerk offs......

I happen to own a Tesla and am out of my mind happy with it. I can go over 150 miles on a charge without driving like a grandmother.... GO TESLA
Wolfenhawke

United States

#2 Dec 27, 2010
And, why bother starting to cover, if you are going to put a sell rating? Something stinks.
George

Taiyuan, China

#3 Feb 16, 2011
Apple used the newest technology and ideas in thier computers, thats why they are ahead all the time. They were the first to use USB for example when no one knew what USB was or what it would be good for. Apple was 2 or 3 years ahead of the computer comnpetitors and they had to develop new technology just so it could be used on Apple computers. The same as this Tesla company. But even they are still just playing. They are using consumer grade batteries in thier super sport cars. Batteries for toys and so they have to protect them. Now IF TESLA USED MILITARY GRADE LITHIUM BATTERIES, IF, then Tesla could make the packs much smaller and increase the energy storage by double at least, easily getting 500 to 600 miles per charge from smaller packs and the battery packs would last 25 years to boot as well. So even Tesla is just playing around.
It may be that the packs would cost 5 or 6 times more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tesla Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visa Inc (V) and Mastercard Inc (MA) Stocks Hav... Sep 17 Philip Cohen 1
Why Tesla (TSLA) Stock Is Rising Today Sep 16 Marc 1
California evades massive giveaway to Tesla: Th... Sep 15 Solarman 1
Tesla's $1.3 billion incentive deal with Nevada... Sep 13 Solarman 1
32 states ask Supreme Court to settle gay marriage Sep 6 Ron431 5
Phoenix hospital says visitor fatally shoots self Sep 5 Kid_Tomorrow 2
Tesla gigafactory worth $100 billion to Nevada,... Sep 4 Solarman 1

Tesla Motors People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE