Tesla recalls Roadsters for potential...

Tesla recalls Roadsters for potential fire danger

There are 2 comments on the LA Daily News story from Oct 9, 2010, titled Tesla recalls Roadsters for potential fire danger. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Electric carmaker Tesla Motors said Friday it was recalling 439 Roadsters from the 2010 model year to address potential fire hazards connected to battery cables.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Rufus T Firefly

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1 Oct 9, 2010
Yes, electric vehicles are going to be the wave of the future! You gotta be kidding me, what many never take into account is the amount of toxic waste that will be generated once these electric vehicles reach their end of their life in 15 to 20 years. Where do you dispose of the batteries and electric motors? While they may not emit the "green house gases" that a real car emits, they will still create a toxic waste scenario in the future.
AAAAANDRE

San Diego, CA

#2 Oct 9, 2010
Don't Panic! Most of the car is recyclable...

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/03/tesla...

The motors are mostly copper wiring. Very recyclable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tesla Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seeking attention, Lithuania builds virtual Tes... Feb '17 VP Mullah Elect P... 1
News Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Does It Again: T... Feb '17 Solarman 1
News Here's What Elon Musk Calls The Biggest Risk To... Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Musk Has Big Plans For Tesla Motors (TSLA), But... Dec '16 Solarman 3
News Chevy Bolt Wins Car Of The Year Award, Beats Te... Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Musk: Solar panels 'always' on Tesla's plan Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Here Are Six Things We Know About Tesla's New S... Oct '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web