Downey's historic former NASA site fe...

Downey's historic former NASA site feels like a natural for Tesla

There are 10 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Sep 5, 2009, titled Downey's historic former NASA site feels like a natural for Tesla. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

The Downey Studios film and TV production facility is the highly visible face of Industrial Realty Group, or IRG, which controls about 70 acres under consideration for a proposed Tesla automotive plant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Richard

United States

#1 Sep 5, 2009
I plan on writing a letter tomorrow imploring Tesla to open their business in Downey. It's a much better choice than Long Beach. If you agree, write a letter too. The address is on the Downey Patriot website.
sitesaver

San Bernardino, CA

#2 Sep 5, 2009
My letter was put in the mail today. I hope that Mr. Musk reads all of them and considers the history of the Downey site in his decision. It is a natural fit-this is what this historic site deserves.
Anon

Murrieta, CA

#3 Sep 6, 2009
It looks like Long Beach didn't even try to get this business here. Downey was motivated and ready to have a business move in and they are the likely candidate.

We can now add another business to the list of businesses that Long Beach has thrown away. Glad I am moving out of this stupidly run city when I retire.

Since the city didn't want to work very hard to get this business, they had better not come around asking for tax increases in the future.
They Will Come

Skyforest, CA

#4 Sep 6, 2009
Long Beach's attitude is,"Open the doors and they will come." Without doing any homework, like clean up, they continue to step on themselves, rather than put their best foot forward. Nothing says curb appeal like EPA Red Tags.
over it

Long Beach, CA

#5 Sep 6, 2009
I dont want it in my neighborhood,let Downey have it.
damon

United States

#6 Sep 6, 2009
It seems that Long Beach hasn't even tried to lure Tesla in their city.

After reading the multiple articles on both cities attempts, i would say that Downey is actually trying to attract Tesla, while Long Beach does what? Has mayor bob met or even talked to the CEO of Tesla?

I read a letter last month from the mayor of Downey to the CEO of Tesla, And i read the comments from the CEO about how he thinks Long Beach has acted arrogantly and has shown no real interest in Tesla. And i all can say is WTF!?

I guess mayor bob already thinks that his city is some massive success story that he doesn't need some rif raf company like Tesla in his Nazi run city. Keep shooting yourself in the foot for all i care.
Anon

Murrieta, CA

#7 Sep 6, 2009
Yes lets set aside a city just for the NIMBYs'. Then they can live in a city that can't afford to do anything for their citizens.

I live in Long Beach and we need these businesses coming in. Unfortunately it only takes a small group of people to screw things over for the rest of us.
over it wrote:
damon

United States

#8 Sep 6, 2009
over it wrote:
You don't want it in Sun City?
over it

Long Beach, CA

#9 Sep 6, 2009
damon wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't want it in Sun City?
Verizon has strange I.P. locations. I dont want it at connat and lakewood blvd. No advantages for the neighborhood
over it

Long Beach, CA

#10 Sep 6, 2009
Anon wrote:
Yes lets set aside a city just for the NIMBYs'. Then they can live in a city that can't afford to do anything for their citizens.
I live in Long Beach and we need these businesses coming in. Unfortunately it only takes a small group of people to screw things over for the rest of us.
<quoted text>
Yeah try putting it down in Belmont Shore,or P.C.H and second street and see who is a nimby

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tesla Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Patent Applications Hint At Tesla's Forthcoming... Oct 1 Solarman 1
News $500k windfall for Dartmouth firm Aug '17 Solarman 1
News Will the Electric Car Revolution Sink Platinum ... Aug '17 Solarman 1
News How Tesla and batteries could recharge Houston'... Aug '17 Concave 1
News Market Street - The Woodlands get refinanced May '17 Stacey Luv 1
News Seeking attention, Lithuania builds virtual Tes... (Feb '17) Feb '17 VP Mullah Elect P... 1
News Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Does It Again: T... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Solarman 1
More from around the web