City among likely sites for auto plant

City among likely sites for auto plant

There are 9 comments on the The Reporter story from Jul 1, 2008, titled City among likely sites for auto plant. In it, The Reporter reports that:

The company that built the first mass-produced, all-electric car will keep its manufacturing plant in California and is reconsidering Bay Area cities where it can set up shop.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

Kevin

Fairfield, CA

#1 Jul 1, 2008
At $60,000 a piece I am right there to get one. Just what we need another toy for the elite.
Huh

El Sobrante, CA

#2 Jul 1, 2008
Since when does owning a few electric cars make this City a hotbed for alternative fuel use? How about those City transit buses that drive empty around in circles and use tens of thousands of gallons of fuel for nothing. 20,000 pounds of machine to move 175 pounds of passenger. What a joke and what a waste. Also, have a look at any parking lot. There are more over-sized SUV's and pickup trucks per capita than just about any town in California. Where's the forward thinking in that. Nice try at a press release Palambo.
ADA

Concord, CA

#3 Jul 1, 2008
WAIT i thought san jose got it not vacaville it was on tv the Gov . was there ???? OOOO wait the vacaville reporter late again on reporting

Since: Feb 08

Mariposa, CA

#4 Jul 1, 2008
That car is a joke. Compare it with Witch Doc Moller and his "aircar" that's never flown, but has continued to scam moron investors for decades.

I give the whole venture three years max before it collapses in a pile of lawsuits and old toxic batteries.

The plant will be disassembled and sold to Redding.

PD
John

Temecula, CA

#5 Jul 1, 2008
I am shocked !!!!!!!!!!

“Karen Nolan”

Since: Dec 07

Vacaville, CA

#6 Jul 1, 2008
ADA wrote:
WAIT i thought san jose got it not vacaville it was on tv the Gov . was there ???? OOOO wait the vacaville reporter late again on reporting
Location of the plant has not been decided. The Governor was at Tesla's headquarters in San Carolos.
Hulk

Napa, CA

#7 Jul 1, 2008
ADA wrote:
I just read the same thing that the City of San Jose will be where the cars are being built. Pssst...maybe someone should tell the good people at the Reporter that they just got dupped again!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Jul 1, 2008
Maybe the City of Vacaville can get a grant and purchase several of these oh so environmentally cozy vehicles for the city council and police chief. An electric motorcycle with a side car would be nice too.
John

Temecula, CA

#9 Jul 3, 2008
Prince Charles uses wine to power his car.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tesla Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seeking attention, Lithuania builds virtual Tes... Feb '17 VP Mullah Elect P... 1
News Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Does It Again: T... Feb '17 Solarman 1
News Here's What Elon Musk Calls The Biggest Risk To... Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Musk Has Big Plans For Tesla Motors (TSLA), But... Dec '16 Solarman 3
News Chevy Bolt Wins Car Of The Year Award, Beats Te... Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Musk: Solar panels 'always' on Tesla's plan Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Here Are Six Things We Know About Tesla's New S... Oct '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web