Electric car maker Tesla Motors to begin offering stock

Tesla Motors Inc. begins selling stock to the public on Tuesday. The sale's success depends on how much investors are willing to bet on a car company that has never made a profit, sells a single vehicle and expects to lose money until at least 2012. Full Story
Hrabekolovrat

Rowland Heights, CA

#1 Jun 28, 2010
The oil companies will try their hardest to kill Tesla Motors.
Bill

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2 Jun 28, 2010
I beg to differ with the gist of your article where it says "people have almost no" appitite for " the Tesla. I happen to drive one, and I have had people stand there as I back out of a parking lot and just applaud out loud! If we go to breakfast, we wait till the crowd disperses before we make a dash for the car to leave. Otherwise we would be late getting to where we want to go! Everyone who sees the car can't believe it is all electric, has no exhaust pipe, and doesn't wake the neighbors. I commute 64 miles a day, and this vehicles is like my electric razor that sits on the charger every night, only I can hop on this razor that silently wisks me off to work! Biggest joy is watching the face of the driver in that 5-liter Ford in the rear view mirror I just blew the doors off of! This car and others like it can go a long way to getting those belching, dripping monsters off out freeways.(you know, the 19 1/2 foot long, 6,000 pound monster SUV's with one pasanger on board).
Jack

Azusa, CA

#3 Jun 28, 2010
Bill wrote:
I beg to differ with the gist of your article where it says "people have almost no" appitite for " the Tesla. I happen to drive one, and I have had people stand there as I back out of a parking lot and just applaud out loud! If we go to breakfast, we wait till the crowd disperses before we make a dash for the car to leave. Otherwise we would be late getting to where we want to go! Everyone who sees the car can't believe it is all electric, has no exhaust pipe, and doesn't wake the neighbors. I commute 64 miles a day, and this vehicles is like my electric razor that sits on the charger every night, only I can hop on this razor that silently wisks me off to work! Biggest joy is watching the face of the driver in that 5-liter Ford in the rear view mirror I just blew the doors off of! This car and others like it can go a long way to getting those belching, dripping monsters off out freeways.(you know, the 19 1/2 foot long, 6,000 pound monster SUV's with one pasanger on board).
Can't wait for the four door!
Tom

Walnut, CA

#4 Jun 28, 2010
I love it. I am going to buy a truck load of these stocks. Way to go United States of America.
this sucks

Garden Grove, CA

#5 Jun 28, 2010
I agree with the post #1 and would add that auto industries will also do everything they can to kill this company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tesla Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the Chevy Bolt Scare Tesla Motors? Don't... Feb 22 Joe Balls 3
Can The Bolt Take Down Tesla's Model 3? Feb 16 jeff_darko 3
Elon Musk Wants To Bring The Internet To Space Jan '15 Dr Wu 2
Electric-Car Pioneer Elon Musk Charges Head-On ... Jan '15 Solarman 1
Energy storage seen as next spark for 'green' p... (Jun '14) Nov '14 Green -cash- Cons... 48
Michigan weighs whether to bar Tesla Oct '14 reality is a crutch 1
St. Louis shooting reignites anger among activists Oct '14 barefoot2626 142
More from around the web