UPDATED: Long Beach and Downey finalists for Tesla plant

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

Tesla's Model S has a base price of $49,900 and will be available in 2011. READ A TESLA REVIEW Long Beach and Downey are finalists for a Tesla Motors plant that would bring at least 1,000 to 1,200 jobs to the area, the company's CEO said today.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Aug 31, 2009
buckwheat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

Finally some good economic news for our region. I cant remember the last big company to set up shop around here, hopefully they are successful.

Good luck Tesla & LB!
GET REAL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

Well hopefully THEY WONT GET LONG BEACH
Juan Pardell

Orinda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

Well, don't be surpised if the NUMMI plant, in Fremont, doesn't enter into the foray. After all, Toyota just announced they'll cease manufacturing operations at the facility.
lbspinguy

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

Downey has been the site of a lot of carcinogens at the former NASA facility.

Tesla and Cancer should be the banner if Downey wins the honors.

They should do a full evaluation of any site for perc and other chemicals that cause cancer.

You know they gotta be lying around; they did a study a while ago and found people working at a site near the NASA facility had a high incidence of cancer.

GO figure.
Go for It

Rimforest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

As if Long Beach wasn't polluted enough already. I say go for it. WTF are Pat West & Bob Foster smoking on to let a deal like this get a way. A MOVIE STUDIO? You got to be kidding me. Come the next election, you can be sure that Foster doesn't get my vote and I put a recommendation in for West to hit the road Jack. That guy couldn't manage a McDonnalds, let alone a whole city.
bjh

Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

lbspinguy wrote:
Downey has been the site of a lot of carcinogens at the former NASA facility.
Tesla and Cancer should be the banner if Downey wins the honors.
They should do a full evaluation of any site for perc and other chemicals that cause cancer.
You know they gotta be lying around; they did a study a while ago and found people working at a site near the NASA facility had a high incidence of cancer.
GO figure.
They have to do testing and cleanup if necessary. It is the state law. And it is expensive. I know because the company I work for had to it on a new site.

Since: Aug 09

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2009

I would say that Tesla after all other considerations... is looking for a smart talented labor force that's not governed by the UAW.

The UAW is part of the reason why the big auto makers are in trouble in the first place.

Tesla with a production projection of 20,000 vehicles a year makes them a relatively small auto maker, and they don't need the grief.

Since: Aug 09

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

Juan Pardell wrote:
Well, don't be surpised if the NUMMI plant, in Fremont, doesn't enter into the foray. After all, Toyota just announced they'll cease manufacturing operations at the facility.
Not Going to Happen Says Tesla.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6575136/industry-ne...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••