Being shunned by Telsa was a painful ...

Being shunned by Telsa was a painful lesson for Downey

There are 8 comments on the LA Daily News story from May 24, 2010, titled Being shunned by Telsa was a painful lesson for Downey. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

THE Los Angeles County city of Downey experienced a painful lesson in not counting their chickens before they're hatched when they lost out on what they considered to be a sure thing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Coachella, CA

#1 May 25, 2010
I don't think we are getting the whole story. I would love to hear Tesla's side.
Bureaucratic Mess

Pasadena, CA

#3 May 25, 2010
''We have committed to go to the city of Irwindale,'' Raiders owner Al Davis said, adding later,''There is no alternative.''

hahahahaha Some morons never learn.

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 25, 2010
kma wrote:
Let's see - a city with nothing but Hispanic day laborers, an aircraft manufaturing facility with UAW controlling access to the doors, or a ready made plant in a hard hit area with a trained workforce and $50 million thrown in. There is a question?
Check the demographics. Hispanics do not make up any more than 93% of the population.

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#5 May 25, 2010
Great job Mayor. You are scaring off all good business.

Indio, CA

#6 May 26, 2010
Guess Tesla did not think much of Villaragosa's BYD deal. Why promote an American company when you can be China's spank.

Maywood, CA

#7 May 27, 2010
So what if Tesla went elsewhere. Cities shouldn't give perks to specific companies or specific industries at the exclusion of others. Instead, lower taxes overall for all businesses. That's the best way to attract employers and create jobs.
Escape from LA

San Diego, CA

#8 May 30, 2010
um, Villariagosa isnt the mayor of Downey...

Since: Oct 08

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jun 2, 2010
why let Toyota off the hook here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tesla Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuits aim to block Tesla-SolarCity merger Sep '16 Solarman 1
News Elon Musk has some really strange ideas about c... Sep '16 Bryan Fischer s H... 4
News One Big Oil Company Sees a Bright Future in Ren... Sep '16 Solarman 3
News What Secrets Are Behind Tesla's Model 3? Bloomb... (Mar '16) Aug '16 dutko2385 2
News Tesla Motors: Clean Energy Empire? Aug '16 Solarman 1
News Tesla's Gigafactory operating costs may exceed ... Aug '16 Solarman 1
News Tesla opens Gigafactory to expand battery produ... Jul '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web