Tesla unveils revamped California ele...

Tesla unveils revamped California electric car factory

There are 10 comments on the The Reporter story from Oct 29, 2010, titled Tesla unveils revamped California electric car factory. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc. has unveiled its retooled factory in Fremont where it plans to produce its next-generation electric sedan in partnership with Toyota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

Electric Slide

Suisun City, CA

#2 Oct 30, 2010
How much fuel does it take to get the electricity to charge one of these? So the electricity used goes up to compensate for the power draw on the grid. Let's not forget in 4 years the $8K battery pack needs replaced and it is hazardous waste. So where is the environmental savings again??
If these are so great the need to be free to everybody with the re-distrubution of wealth to all of us including free cars, healthcare, housing monthly checks from the gov't.

Since: Oct 08

York, PA

#3 Oct 31, 2010
Why should I as a taxpayer subsidize a car that I'll never be able to afford, with or without tax credits? While it's mileage is impressive it's not within the reach of most households and is basically a luxury car and should not be eligible for tax credits.
Glasnos

El Paso, TX

#4 Oct 31, 2010
Meanwhile we subsidize empty diesel buses to run around not just cities, but towns as small as 5,000 people. MASS transit?... Mass waste!

York, PA

#6 Oct 31, 2010
Oh bama langa ding dong wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Al Gore (AKA the nutty proffessor), the green people, the warmists and every other nut bag or GW zombie thinks we should and this includes our current Congress...
Well there are vehicles that will come in at lower sticker prices. These vehicles regardless of the fact that they probably use as much energy to produce as they save must be deployed en masse if they are to have any impact at all. At the price of a Tesla I can't see that many hitting the road so the subsidies should be going to the lower price point models to replace as many of the supposedly inefficient vehicles as we can or increase the subsidies on the lower price point vehicles to get a quicker conversion.
Aces High

Moncton, Canada

#7 Oct 31, 2010
I would rather listen to the band Tesla than drive a Tesla car.
John

Danville, CA

#8 Oct 31, 2010
I'm waiting for the introduction of Testicle Motor Company whose hybrid cars run on testosterone.
[:D
jose

United States

#9 Nov 2, 2010
300 miles on a 3 to 5 hour charge? This estimate of mileage would have to be downhill with the wind at your back.
Engeering Savy

North Las Vegas, NV

#10 Nov 2, 2010
Electric Slide wrote:
How much fuel does it take to get the electricity to charge one of these? So the electricity used goes up to compensate for the power draw on the grid. Let's not forget in 4 years the $8K battery pack needs replaced and it is hazardous waste. So where is the environmental savings again??
If these are so great the need to be free to everybody with the re-distrubution of wealth to all of us including free cars, healthcare, housing monthly checks from the gov't.
People are down on this Technology... Tesla will come down in price and be the next GM. The cells in the 8K battery are liquid cooled and I believe will be replaceable if not now... Soon. You'll never spend 2K on a transmission in an EV or have oil change. Some of the costs will be offsetted by reliability and fewer moving parts. Lets face it this is American ingenuity at its finest and the government funds all new technologies. This expands businesses and creates jobs that pay taxes that fund healthcare. people working = funding the economy.

GE is creating a charging station that is grid friendly

http://blogs.edmunds.com/greencaradvisor/2010...

Solar Technology is not far behind in the form of 1366 Technologies.
(Check this out) Increasing the grid at a lower cost.

Nuclear Energy is the safest and most reliable energy (Ask the US Navy... They been using it for over 50 years without incident)

York, PA

#12 Nov 2, 2010
Oh bama langa ding dong wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ford Fiesta gets a gazillion miles to the gallon at a fraction of the cost in comparison to the Chevy Volt or the Tesla and it really isn't a bad looking car...Oh, and you only have to replace one battery when it goes bad...LOL
Yeah I heard for about $10,000. A cellphone battery lasts what may 2 or 3 years. I think they better sell their green cars before the 2nd year. I wonder how big a carbon foot print that battery leaves especially having to replace it every couple years?

York, PA

#13 Nov 2, 2010
Oh I almost forgot don't forget about the possibility of electrocution during an accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tesla Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Musk proposes media credibility site, journalis... May 23 Solarman 1
Tesla Survey - Please help some college students! Apr '18 gmartin27 1
News Wozniak on Tesla: 'I don't believe anything' El... Feb '18 Solarman 1
News National solar installation numbers down after ... Dec '17 Solarman 1
News Patent Applications Hint At Tesla's Forthcoming... (Oct '17) Nov '17 Robert Thomas 2
News $500k windfall for Dartmouth firm (Aug '17) Aug '17 Solarman 1
News Will the Electric Car Revolution Sink Platinum ... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Solarman 1