Tesla unveils revamped Calif. electri...

Tesla unveils revamped Calif. electric car factory

There are 18 comments on the KTVB Boise story from Oct 27, 2010, titled Tesla unveils revamped Calif. electric car factory. In it, KTVB Boise reports that:

Electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc. has unveiled its retooled factory in Fremont where it plans to produce its Model S sedan in partnership with Toyota.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVB Boise.

“President DOWNGRADE..Ha Ha Ha!”

Since: Sep 09

Casselberry, FL

#3 Oct 28, 2010
It's more of a novelty or collectors car based on the low production number and High Cost.
The issues with electric cars revolve around those batteries and how long will they really last? What happens when one fails, which is common on lithium-ion? Does it cost $1000-$2000 for a new Battery?
Lib

Pasadena, CA

#5 Oct 28, 2010
Its a wonderful life wrote:
And if the liberal establishment can get their way they'll pass a law that this is the only car we'll be allowed to drive I'm sure.
Stop complaining. It will be the best way to eliminate smog in California!
short trus micro bus

Claremore, OK

#6 Oct 28, 2010
bout time
Reality Check

Houston, TX

#7 Oct 28, 2010
Lib wrote:
<quoted text> Stop complaining. It will be the best way to eliminate smog in California!
I guess you will be walking everywhere you go?
Lib

Pasadena, CA

#8 Oct 28, 2010
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you will be walking everywhere you go?
Nope! I already have an order in for a new electric Nissan Leaf. Amazing car!:)
TedsLiver

San Francisco, CA

#9 Oct 28, 2010
If Tesla can keep the UAW thugs out of the plant, they may have a chance.
Reality Check

Houston, TX

#10 Oct 28, 2010
Lib wrote:
<quoted text> Nope! I already have an order in for a new electric Nissan Leaf. Amazing car!:)
Boy oh Boy! When your battery runs down in the middle of the freeway because it was supposed to get 40 miles and OOOOPS, it only got 37 miles, and you FORGOT to get any gasoline......I hope that you have AAA.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#11 Oct 28, 2010
Lib wrote:
<quoted text> Nope! I already have an order in for a new electric Nissan Leaf. Amazing car!:)
And hopefully you appreciate the fact that you were FREE to choose what kind of car to buy.

Having the government DICTATE what kind of car you can buy would be taking away your freedom of choice, wouldn't it???

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#12 Oct 28, 2010
Lib wrote:
<quoted text> Stop complaining. It will be the best way to eliminate smog in California!
I doubt it. How many cars have to be replaced in order to make a dent in LA's smog problem?

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#13 Oct 28, 2010
TedsLiver wrote:
If Tesla can keep the UAW thugs out of the plant, they may have a chance.
Good Point. California's had some devastating union strikes too.
Glasnos

El Paso, TX

#14 Oct 28, 2010
Wake me when they make an electric car they don't have to subsidize and bribe buyers with taxpayer money.
Will

Columbus, OH

#15 Oct 28, 2010
Despite the hysterical far-Right naysayers, this AMERICAN company has already proven itself capable of building the best electric cars in the world, with fast acceleration and long (over 300 mile) range with relatively short recharge times. In earlier, less contentious times Americans would have been supporting and praising them for their innovation and enterpreneurship; today's cynical Rightie whiner, of course, can only find trivialities to complain about as they push their stale ideology on the public.

What's holding this country back? Largely the American Right. Time to put these cretins out to pasture and get on with the 21st century.
Chill Out

West Sacramento, CA

#16 Oct 28, 2010
Here Comes "Revenge of the Electric Car".

It's the sequel to "Who Killed The Electric Car".

The E-transition is about to happen, and the Plug-In America folks who kept the EV alive are watching the marketplace.

http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/h...
Lib

Pasadena, CA

#17 Oct 29, 2010
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy oh Boy! When your battery runs down in the middle of the freeway because it was supposed to get 40 miles and OOOOPS, it only got 37 miles, and you FORGOT to get any gasoline......I hope that you have AAA.
My commute is just 20 miles round trip every day, moron! For emergencies, you can always keep a small generator in the trunk. Get up to date with the times already!
Lib

Pasadena, CA

#18 Oct 29, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it. How many cars have to be replaced in order to make a dent in LA's smog problem?
EVERY car replaced makes a dent in the smog problem!!!
Glasnos

El Paso, TX

#19 Oct 29, 2010
Lib wrote:
<quoted text> EVERY car replaced makes a dent in the smog problem!!!
Want to make a big dent? Stop running empty deisel buses all over town. If a bus route doesn't have enough ridership to pay 80% of expenses, drop it.

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

#20 Oct 29, 2010
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear that in a lot of these newer vehicles (combustion, electric, hybrid) they now install a 'gauge' of some kind that indicates the amount of gas/battery charge that the vehicle has on board, so as to avoid the kind of scenario you describe.
Reality Check

Houston, TX

#21 Oct 29, 2010
Lib wrote:
<quoted text> My commute is just 20 miles round trip every day, moron! For emergencies, you can always keep a small generator in the trunk. Get up to date with the times already!
Oh yes, I can't wait to carry a generator in my trunk.

Just remember when you get home that you have to PLUG THAT SUCKER IN..........DON'T FORGET NOW......oooops, too late, the damn thing is not functioning...oh well, I'll just pull out my UNICYCLE that I also have stored in the trunk, and ride that to my destination.

Not to mention, I can't WAIT to have to stop on the side of the road and "charge" my car so I can get to work in the morning or home at night, or to that important meeting, just because the 40 miles to a charge that was promised,oooops only turned out to be 37. I don't really CARE how long your commute is, If that battery runs down, you are by all accounts SCREWED. And what happens if you CHANGE JOBS somewhere in the next few weeks, and that job is a 30 minute commute, you will then REALLY BE SCREWED. And is your employer going to install a plug so you can "gas up" to get home, or to that mid-day meeting in another part of town???..... I certainly hope so. Perhaps the boss will then tell you to "get up to date with the times." That will mean he will be telling you that you will just have to put in some NON-PAID OVERTIME to make up for the time you spent in the parking lot with AAA dragging your car over to the "plug" wherever that is.

And to think you spent "$41,000" on all the "luxury" and "convenience" in the effort to be "green". The only "green" you will be spending is the money you spent and will continue to spend on the batteries you have to keep changing, which cost a couple thousand apiece.

Sounds like you have it ALL FIGURED OUT, Dude.(Boy that UNICYCLE sure comes in handy, doesn't it?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tesla Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Here's What Elon Musk Calls The Biggest Risk To... Jan 6 Solarman 1
News Musk Has Big Plans For Tesla Motors (TSLA), But... Dec 27 Solarman 7
News Chevy Bolt Wins Car Of The Year Award, Beats Te... Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Musk: Solar panels 'always' on Tesla's plan Nov '16 Solarman 1
News Here Are Six Things We Know About Tesla's New S... Oct '16 Solarman 1
News Lawsuits aim to block Tesla-SolarCity merger Sep '16 Solarman 1
News Elon Musk has some really strange ideas about c... Sep '16 Bryan Fischer s H... 4
More from around the web