Tesla to build electric car at Fremont's NUMMI plant

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

Overview of the Fremont plant's history and closing. In a deal expected to create hundreds of jobs, Tesla Motors will announce Thursday afternoon that it is teaming up with Toyota to build its all-electric Model S sedan at the shuttered NUMMI plant in Fremont.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jun 4, 2010
James Anderson Merritt

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Judged:

I'd hate to think that Downey's interest was used as a bargaining chip by Tesla to get better terms for the use of NUMMI. But this isn't the first time Tesla has jilted a suitor. Remember that the first site for a major Tesla plant was supposed to be in New Mexico. They were all ready to break ground over there (perhaps had already done so -- I don't remember precisely), and then Schwarzenegger announced his "coup," that Tesla would build its new facilities in Cauli-FOHR-nya. At the time, I thought it was just one of those things, but perhaps there's a pattern of behavior? If so, it it Tesla or Schwarzenegger who is determining the pattern?
kahnapali

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Regards: Paul Kahn Yago (Kahnapali@sbcglobal.net) Not a Good Candidate, History of inappropriate and unacceptable behavior at work. Poor work and moral ethics. Includes obscene media(video/pics), fraternizing, improper comments to staff. Aided staff known involved at this time are Myrna Lazo, and Mishell Holmes. All former Nummi Employees
Kahnapali

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2010

Anonymous Said:
Regards: "Paul Kahn Yago" (Kahnapali@sbcglobal.net) Unsuitable Candidate, History of inappropriate and unacceptable behavior at work while on company time (includes obscene media(video/pics), fraternizing (resulted in communicable diseases amoung staff members), improper comments made to fellow workers (disciplinary actions enforced a weeks suspension), Poor moral and work ethics, Alleged staff known involved at that time are Myrna Lazo, and Mishell Holmes. All former Nummi Employees

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••