El Segundo office complex may check i...

El Segundo office complex may check in as hotel

There are 6 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Feb 13, 2009, titled El Segundo office complex may check in as hotel. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

An El Segundo property owner who long envisioned a six-story office complex instead wants to develop a hotel with a long-term airport parking structure, citing a declining leasing market as the reason for the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Native

Temecula, CA

#1 Feb 14, 2009
This is just down the street from the Hacienda which has been operating in El Segundo for more than 25 years. If this comes to pass, I think it would be a steak through their heart and they would eventually go out of business.
Ron

Camarillo, CA

#2 Feb 14, 2009
An office building would mainly be a Mon through Fri, 8am to 5am operation. Traffic coming in before 8am and then leaving after 5pm.

Hotel/parking clients in and out at various hours, 7 days per week. Don't know what El Segundo's bed tax and parking tax are at.

Prior to being the Hacienda, the hotel was The Thunderbird in the 1950s - hence has been there for quite sometime. Then hotels have been popping up for a number of years now along Sepulveda in Manhattan Bch and on PCH in Hermosa & Redondo. So seems to be some market for hotels/motels.
Just my two cents

Irvine, CA

#4 Feb 14, 2009
Kinda torn on this issue. I agree that if a new, nicer hotel goes in up the street, it would be bad for business at the Hacienda, but the other hotels in the area have not forced the Hacienda out of business. I could appreciate how this would be good for El Segundo and its tax base though.
Ready for 45

Norwalk, CA

#5 Feb 14, 2009
Sounds like a well thought out plan. Company offices are getting smaller thanks to technology. Office space vacancy will increase in years to come.
Hacienda Agenda

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Feb 14, 2009
If they take on the Hacienda or any other hotel they are taking on serious risks in today's economy, even considering hospitality is more viable than office space. This project sounds like a loser.
Ready for 45

Norwalk, CA

#7 Feb 15, 2009
Hacienda Agenda wrote:
If they take on the Hacienda or any other hotel they are taking on serious risks in today's economy, even considering hospitality is more viable than office space. This project sounds like a loser.
The hotel would not be open in today's economy. It will not be open for business until 2010, 2011, or later.

What do you suggest that they build?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trammell Crow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Appeals Court Hands East Village Sam's Club Opp... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Tex 1
News Georgia - Board to Decide Jekyll Developer, as ... (Sep '07) Sep '07 William 2
News Jekyll deal sadly a steal (Jul '07) Jul '07 shyshy 2
News Multi-story residences may rise on former mobil... (Jun '07) Jun '07 Robert Perkis 1
News Benzene found at Crestview Station (Jun '07) Jun '07 Tired of Weston 1
News Ford, Trammel Crow ink deal (Oct '06) Oct '06 MT CBRE 1
More from around the web