TCF posts earnings gain, hunts for new customers

Full story: TwinCities.com

TCF Financial managed to raise earnings 58 percent in the fourth quarter, despite a number of economic and regulatory headwinds, Chairman and CEO Bill Cooper said today.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jan 21, 2011
butch

Wayzata, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Judged:

Give em hill Bill!!

Manufacturing profits organically and the old fashioned way-- by earning them. Still wouldn't do business with the bank but there are alot of others who would never have a checking account but for TCF. If the DFL has their way, they will take that option away in the name of consumer protection. Big obummer government needs to get out of trying to rig the industry cause all they do is make it worse.
Jason

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Judged:

If they would stop pissing off their current customers they wouldn't be seeking new ones so badly.

I would never bank there again!!!
Abe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Judged:

There they go again!

Bill Cooper, a known Republican, using that uncivil, dangerous, and inflamatory language again!

Accusing B of A of having rifles. I'll bet he even has crosshairs on a map of their office locations, and talks about battling for customers, and winning and all other sorts of troublesome thoughts.

When are they going to learn the gentle and kindly ways of the Democrats? Can't we all just get along?
Cathy

Champlin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

Judged:

Wells Fargo and others are no better. I have my account only at a Credit Union now. Best thing I ever did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent TCF Financial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota's three biggest banks say woes might ... (Jul '09) Oct '11 Wayne 2
Bank Takes Swipe at Proposed Debit Card Rules i... (Apr '11) Apr '11 crayz ox3thongee 5
Judge to hear motions in TCF debit fee lawsuit (Apr '11) Apr '11 butch 6
Debit card issuer sues Fed chairman over fees (Oct '10) Feb '11 Cky 64
TCF stock tumbles on its third-quarter showing (Oct '10) Oct '10 RomeoHitman 6
TCF will possess Hecker's stuff (Sep '10) Sep '10 The Doors 1
Profits soar for TCF Financial, but investors a... (Jul '10) Jul '10 TCF Customer 4

Search the TCF Financial Forum:
•••