Tastykakes maker might need to sell

Full story: The York Daily Record

Pressured by declining sales and the failure to produce projected savings from a new production facility, the maker of Tastykakes said Wednesday it is looking at several options, including a merger or sale.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 6, 2011
Jane Russellville TN

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Maybe you should ship a little farther away. Lots of PA people live in places that do not sell Tastycakes. The Walmart was carrying them in Morristown TN, but they said the supplier didn't want to come in on their schedule even though Walmart was selling out before the next shipment. We love Tastycakes and I bring many boxes home whenever I am in PA. They freeze real well. Expand your marketing area.
Best tasting in town

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Ummmm, nothing more TASTY than TASTYKAKES! But most times, your products are horribly overpriced. When there is a sale, like: 5 packs for $10, they fly off the shelves. Normally priced, they rot on the shelf!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tasty Baking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tastykake may close Philadelphia plant (May '06) Mar '14 Jersey Girl 19
Tastykakes Will Be Doubling In Deliciousness (Jun '06) Mar '11 gayla 7
a Operation Save Tastykakea (Jan '11) Jan '11 newb 2
Pennsy offers $1M loan to troubled Tastykake maker (Jan '11) Jan '11 vigilante 3
Tasty Baking Co. Q2 2009 Earnings Call Transcript (Aug '09) Aug '09 kenafxpert 1
Tembec asks U.S. to recognize recapitalization (Sep '08) Sep '08 poor view from here 1
FOOD & BEVERAGE: Tastykake Low-Fat Raspberry-Fi... (Jun '08) Jun '08 KatyKake 1

Search the Tasty Baking Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••