Tastykake may close Philadelphia plant

Tastykake may close Philadelphia plant

There are 19 comments on the CourierPostOnline story from May 12, 2006, titled Tastykake may close Philadelphia plant. In it, CourierPostOnline reports that:

Tasty Baking Co., maker of the Tastykake line of snacks, said Thursday it is considering closing its bakery in North Philadelphia as part of the company's turnaround plan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CourierPostOnline.

Edward Wyda

Pensacola, FL

#1 May 13, 2006
Please don't let us customers down. We love your product here in Northwest Florida. We buy the cakes at the commissary located on the Naval Air Station, Pensacola.It sells out very quickly there!
You might want too try using the Air Lines to bring the Cakes to Southern States to insure freshness.I can't believe that your bakery is having problems moving the product.
Sara

United States

#2 Jun 9, 2006
Please tell me where in Las vegas we can buy tastykakes??
Dolly

Gainesville, FL

#3 Jun 21, 2006
I used to be able to buy Tastykake products at our local Publix Supermarkets. I haven't looked for them for years. But now, I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can buy Tastykake near Gainesville FL?
Jill

Lutz, FL

#4 Apr 27, 2007
Publix in Spring Hill (Hernando County) carries them
Lisa

Travelers Rest, SC

#5 May 17, 2007
I was buying Tastykakes @ Walmart in Brevard, North Carolina. Suddenly the display is gone and I am looking for another location to purchase this item.
Can you help me?
Brenda

Navarre, FL

#6 Jan 7, 2008
Does anybody know where I can find Tastykakes in the Ft. Walton Beach, Florida area?
Kathy

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 27, 2008
Go to Tastykake.com and you can order them online. Prices range from $25-$50 and you can get them by the case or assorted.
DrSteve

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jul 19, 2008
Does anyone know where I can purchase TastyKake Juniors coconut iced & chocolate iced cakes out on Long Island New York? I used to be able to find them only in 7-Eleven stores, however for the past year I cannot find this product anywhere. Please don't tell me to look in WalMart as I have not been able to find this product there either. Thanks DrSteve
RandW

Mount Tremper, NY

#9 Mar 30, 2009
Within the 5 borough's check for them in Duane Reade, Food Bazaar, Food Basic, Pathmark, Shoprite, Western Beef, and Foodtown.
DrSteve wrote:
Does anyone know where I can purchase TastyKake Juniors coconut iced & chocolate iced cakes out on Long Island New York? I used to be able to find them only in 7-Eleven stores, however for the past year I cannot find this product anywhere. Please don't tell me to look in WalMart as I have not been able to find this product there either. Thanks DrSteve
Avant8

Seattle, WA

#10 Mar 21, 2010
There is an article on Google about the Tastykake factory moving to a new location : http://www.tastykake.com/RelatedFiles/TSTY_HQ...
Lizzy

Mastic Beach, NY

#11 Apr 25, 2010
I just purchased them in Waldbaums and am soooooo excited. I come from NJ and go back home and bring them back with me. Now I can get them here!! Good luck
DrSteve wrote:
Does anyone know where I can purchase TastyKake

Juniors coconut iced & chocolate iced cakes out on Long Island New York? I used to be able to find them only in 7-Eleven stores, however for the past year I cannot find this product anywhere. Please don't tell me to look in WalMart as I have not been able to find this product there either. Thanks DrSteve
norcofan

United States

#12 Jun 16, 2010
Sara wrote:
Please tell me where in Las vegas we can buy tastykakes??
www.papantry.com
norcofan

United States

#13 Jun 16, 2010
www.papantry.com sells them on-line by the family pack box -- no need to buy a whole case or other large quantity.
rose florin

AOL

#14 Jul 17, 2010
i live in palm beach county, florida......there is a restaurant called the Philly Connection.....they sell tastycakes....but have stopped getting the Junior Tastycake...which is my very faorite with a cold glass of milk. where can i find the juniors?
Chris

Tallahassee, FL

#15 Oct 1, 2010
Tastykake is back in stock in Tallahassee! After a 2 year absence, I was very pleased to see a whole shelf full of Tastykake in the Lake Ella/Monroe St. Publix. They had all the hits (Butterscotch Krimpets, Koffee Kake Cupcakes, Chocolate Icing-filled Cupcakes, Kandy Kakes). Needless to say, my diet is going to take a bit of a hit this month.
Jamillah

Blackwood, NJ

#16 Oct 30, 2010
Philadelphia is the hometown to the wonderful Tastykake. Go to www.tastykake.com for all of your kake needs.
sharren rabbit

North Richland Hills, TX

#17 Jul 14, 2011
I used to purchase the tastykakes at my Dallas Walmart. About a month ago my Walmart stopped carrying them.
tony

Oviedo, FL

#18 Sep 18, 2011
Dolly wrote:
I used to be able to buy Tastykake products at our local Publix Supermarkets. I haven't looked for them for years. But now, I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can buy Tastykake near Gainesville FL?
try walmart
Jersey Girl

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Mar 15, 2014
Kathy wrote:
Go to Tastykake.com and you can order them online. Prices range from $25-$50 and you can get them by the case or assorted.
NOT ANYMORE ! Tastykake stopped doing online sales. There is a company on eBay that sells them and ships everywhere. They use the name Stuntkarz .( not sure why ) and I got my Tastykakes here in California in TWO DAYS ! Very Fresh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tasty Baking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tastykakes Will Be Doubling In Deliciousness (Jun '06) Mar '11 gayla 7
News a Operation Save Tastykakea (Jan '11) Jan '11 newb 2
News Pennsy offers $1M loan to troubled Tastykake maker (Jan '11) Jan '11 vigilante 3
News Tastykakes maker might need to sell (Jan '11) Jan '11 Best tasting in town 2
News Tasty Baking Co. Q2 2009 Earnings Call Transcript (Aug '09) Aug '09 kenafxpert 1
News Tembec asks U.S. to recognize recapitalization (Sep '08) Sep '08 poor view from here 1
News FOOD & BEVERAGE: Tastykake Low-Fat Raspberry-Fi... (Jun '08) Jun '08 KatyKake 1
More from around the web