Devyn Hardy shot in face Saturday night

Devyn Hardy shot in face Saturday night

There are 27 comments on the MyFoxTampaBay story from Jan 22, 2012, titled Devyn Hardy shot in face Saturday night. In it, MyFoxTampaBay reports that:

A 19-year-old Tampa man suffered a gunshot wound to the face in what detectives are calling a drug deal gone badly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyFoxTampaBay.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#1 Jan 23, 2012
Aaawww, ain't that a shame.

Drug dealing/using scum shooting each other. Wouldn't have bothered me if both of the worthless thugs had ended up in bodybags.
KritterL4

United States

#2 Jan 23, 2012
Actually a young man attending college...not quit scum as you describe.
I'm so glad you never drank or smoked pot in your younger days.
You must be an amazing addition to society.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#3 Jan 23, 2012
KritterL4 wrote:
Actually a young man attending college...not quit scum as you describe.
I'm so glad you never drank or smoked pot in your younger days.
You must be an amazing addition to society.
Yes, I smoked weed during my college days, but I was never so desperate for a "high" that I would invite total strangers into my dorm room or apartment just to get my hands on some weed.

So, you're telling us Mr. Hardy was shot while trying to cop a dime bag of weed.

I could embrace your argument...IF I believed this shooting revolved around the purchase of a tiny amount of weed...which I don't.

The drug world is a different world today than it was when I was in college. You'd be better served expending your energies trying to persuade your son/relative/friend to wean himself off the drugs and focus on his education, instead of roaming the internet trying to convince everyone what a wonderful young man your son/relative/friend is.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
danny

Pensacola, FL

#4 Jan 23, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I smoked weed during my college days, but I was never so desperate for a "high" that I would invite total strangers into my dorm room or apartment just to get my hands on some weed.
So, you're telling us Mr. Hardy was shot while trying to cop a dime bag of weed.
I could embrace your argument...IF I believed this shooting revolved around the purchase of a tiny amount of weed...which I don't.
The drug world is a different world today than it was when I was in college. You'd be better served expending your energies trying to persuade your son/relative/friend to wean himself off the drugs and focus on his education, instead of roaming the internet trying to convince everyone what a wonderful young man your son/relative/friend is.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
How dare you? Do you believe everything that people say? He did not 'invite' total strangers into his apartment, he didnt invite them at all. They followed him. Wanna know how i know that? Because i know the person who was shot. In the face. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that college students with bright futures who may be associated with the wrong crowd should be in body bags. Why do you assume that he was even apart of the drug world? You're just an ignorant dumb ass who clearly has nothing better to do than try to justify a crime. Go fuck yourself.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#5 Jan 23, 2012
danny wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you? Do you believe everything that people say? He did not 'invite' total strangers into his apartment, he didnt invite them at all. They followed him. Wanna know how i know that? Because i know the person who was shot. In the face. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that college students with bright futures who may be associated with the wrong crowd should be in body bags. Why do you assume that he was even apart of the drug world? You're just an ignorant dumb ass who clearly has nothing better to do than try to justify a crime. Go fuck yourself.
Uh, the detectives labelled it "a drug deal gone bad".

Were you there when the shooting occurred? If not we can't accept your version of what transpired.

How does one "f*ck themselves"? Do you have experience in that kind of activity?...sounds painful.
KritterL4

United States

#6 Jan 23, 2012
Were YOU there when the shooting occured? You sound very informed on the incident. I only ask becuase clearly you have all of the answers. It must be nice to know everything.
Have a nice life.
Hardys_Brother

Tallahassee, FL

#7 Jan 24, 2012
Hey ! He was not desperate to get high. They say he was selling it and got robbed for it! I know my brother and he is surely not a pot head. He doesn't smoke, i know my brother.
Anonymous

Tampa, FL

#8 Jan 24, 2012
DapperDave everything you have said has been wrong! yet you still are an ignoramus that still believes everything you read in the paper, if you are an educated being, which I hope you are not because you would serve this country a major disservices, then you would know that the news is the worst source to reference period. due to the extreme bias of reporters, which write about their veiws on a topic/ideas that get no peer reviews from experts of the matter. ohhhhh forgot there's an editor...A.K.A a joke. he just makes sure its a good enough read that will sell papers, they don't care about specific details that make and break cases like this.
usfcollegegirl

Tampa, FL

#10 Jan 27, 2012
There are different levels of society and the ignorance displayed by your comment shows everyone you are unaware of this fact. I go to school with the young man who was shot. Yeah, he was dealing drugs and that's illegal but he didn't deserve what happened to him and his family and friends are very worried about him. He will take this as a lesson and be scarred forever by the incidents and actions that led to this. You should be more sympathetic for those less fortunate, even if you don't approve of their actions/decisions.
DapperDave wrote:
Aaawww, ain't that a shame.
Drug dealing/using scum shooting each other. Wouldn't have bothered me if both of the worthless thugs had ended up in bodybags.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#11 Jan 27, 2012
usfcollegegirl wrote:
There are different levels of society and the ignorance displayed by your comment shows everyone you are unaware of this fact. I go to school with the young man who was shot. Yeah, he was dealing drugs and that's illegal but he didn't deserve what happened to him and his family and friends are very worried about him. He will take this as a lesson and be scarred forever by the incidents and actions that led to this. You should be more sympathetic for those less fortunate, even if you don't approve of their actions/decisions.
<quoted text>
...makes about as much sense as a man who was caught raping a little girl, and was beaten within an inch of his life by the little girl's father, saying "Yes, I was raping the man's little girl, and that's illegal, but I didn't deserve what the man did to me!"

Oh, and by the way... I grew up in the Pioneer Homes housing projects of Syracuse, NY, so save the "different levels of society" bullsh*t for someone else.

I spent my 18th birthday and the 53 days before it locked up in the county jail. I was a stupid thug then, just as your classmate is now. I managed to turn my life around. No one owed me any sympathy, because it was my choice to get involved in the thug life, and no one owes your friend any sympathy. If your friend doesn't get his head out of his *ss he's gonna end up either in prison or dead, just as so many of my thuggish friends who failed to change their ways did.

You want to "go off" on someone? Go off on your friend for stupidly trying to play "drug dealer". He got off with a bullet to the face - and survived. He may not be so fortunate next time.
Crown Bey

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jan 28, 2012
danny wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you? Do you believe everything that people say? He did not 'invite' total strangers into his apartment, he didnt invite them at all. They followed him. Wanna know how i know that? Because i know the person who was shot. In the face. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that college students with bright futures who may be associated with the wrong crowd should be in body bags. Why do you assume that he was even apart of the drug world? You're just an ignorant dumb ass who clearly has nothing better to do than try to justify a crime. Go fuck yourself.
@Dave... That's my nephew dip Shit show some respect the boy is in the hospital reading this shit.
Crown Bey

Atlanta, GA

#14 Jan 28, 2012
ignorant A-Hole

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#15 Jan 28, 2012
Crown Bey wrote:
<quoted text>
@Dave... That's my nephew dip Shit show some respect the boy is in the hospital reading this shit.
He's alive. Be thankful for that!

Now, do everything in YOUR power to see that he doesn't go back to his "make a quick buck" drug dealing ways when he recuperates.

Your anger with me is misplaced. All of your fury should be directed towards your nephew, who appears to be letting himself and all those who see a promising future for him (including you) down.

"My nephew got hurt while trying to deal drugs, and I'm pissed off at you for saying bad things about him."

You actually think that line of reasoning makes sense?
Hardy_up_North

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jan 28, 2012
Dapper Dave, your ignorance is only outpaced by your rudeness. And don't ever compare raping a little girl to selling dime bags of weed like they are anyway similar, you Jackass.

You ever heard the saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything? Then shut the hell up and stop commenting on things that have nothing to do with you, you random speculator! I hope something will change your perspective on life, because from the small glimpse I've witnessed today, it SUCKS.

Our anger with you isn't misplaced. you came on here running your mouth. SO, to quote Danny, "go fuck yourself".

Hardy_up_North

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jan 28, 2012
Hardy_up_North wrote:
Dapper Dave, your ignorance is only outpaced by your rudeness. And don't ever compare raping a little girl to selling dime bags of weed like they are anyway similar, you Jackass.
You ever heard the saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything? Then shut the hell up and stop commenting on things that have nothing to do with you, you random speculator! I hope something will change your perspective on life, because from the small glimpse I've witnessed today, it SUCKS.
Our anger with you isn't misplaced. you came on here running your mouth. SO, to quote Danny, "go fuck yourself".
And sorry for the tone/language, family.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#18 Jan 28, 2012
Hardy_up_North wrote:
Dapper Dave, your ignorance is only outpaced by your rudeness. And don't ever compare raping a little girl to selling dime bags of weed like they are anyway similar, you Jackass.
You ever heard the saying, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything? Then shut the hell up and stop commenting on things that have nothing to do with you, you random speculator! I hope something will change your perspective on life, because from the small glimpse I've witnessed today, it SUCKS.
Our anger with you isn't misplaced. you came on here running your mouth. SO, to quote Danny, "go fuck yourself".
Please go away!

I now see why this young man is a wannabe thug. Everyone around him appears to be ready to pounce on anyone who criticizes his criminal lifestyle. I imagine these morons are advising him, "Devyn, tell anyone who criticizes your drug dealing and thuggery to go to h*ll. You're a nice youg man, Devyn. Keep dealing drugs and breaking the law. We got your back!"

Poor Devyn is doomed with idiots like these continually in his ear making excuses for his thuggish behavior.

"The ignorant, the stupid and the thuggish ye have with you always." - The Book of Dave, 10:1
Crown Bey

Tallahassee, FL

#19 Jan 28, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go away!
I now see why this young man is a wannabe thug. Everyone around him appears to be ready to pounce on anyone who criticizes his criminal lifestyle. I imagine these morons are advising him, "Devyn, tell anyone who criticizes your drug dealing and thuggery to go to h*ll. You're a nice youg man, Devyn. Keep dealing drugs and breaking the law. We got your back!"
Poor Devyn is doomed with idiots like these continually in his ear making excuses for his thuggish behavior.
"The ignorant, the stupid and the thuggish ye have with you always." - The Book of Dave, 10:1
Dude pipe Down. There Is no one in this family encouraging any criminal behavior. you seem to have a problem understanding things. Devyn comes from a strong proud family that loves him and only wants the best from him. Look I get your outlook of the story that you read on the internet and your lack of sinsitivity to the situastion, you have no ties to him but we do, and we are only interested in helping him through his situation. Devyn just happens to be a straight A student on scholarship. what Thug reads all the Harry Potter Books? Have a good one Dapper
MBZ

Tallahassee, FL

#20 Jan 30, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go away!
I now see why this young man is a wannabe thug. Everyone around him appears to be ready to pounce on anyone who criticizes his criminal lifestyle. I imagine these morons are advising him, "Devyn, tell anyone who criticizes your drug dealing and thuggery to go to h*ll. You're a nice youg man, Devyn. Keep dealing drugs and breaking the law. We got your back!"
Poor Devyn is doomed with idiots like these continually in his ear making excuses for his thuggish behavior.
"The ignorant, the stupid and the thuggish ye have with you always." - The Book of Dave, 10:1
Dapper Dave, This young man is not a wannabe thug. He is a well educated young man who made a mistake. He was not selling, he was giving a "friend" some of his personal stash and was set up. Devyn may be a bit naive and trusting, and he may smoke the occasional joint, but he didn't deserve to be shot by these proven punks. He also doesn't deserve to be lambasted by some small minded critic who believes everything he reads in the newspaper.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#21 Jan 30, 2012
MBZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Dapper Dave, This young man is not a wannabe thug. He is a well educated young man who made a mistake. He was not selling, he was giving a "friend" some of his personal stash and was set up. Devyn may be a bit naive and trusting, and he may smoke the occasional joint, but he didn't deserve to be shot by these proven punks. He also doesn't deserve to be lambasted by some small minded critic who believes everything he reads in the newspaper.
Hopefully he has learned his lesson.

And, hopefully he'll remove "proven punks" from his circle of friends.

...'nuff said.
MBZ

United States

#22 Jan 30, 2012
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully he has learned his lesson.
And, hopefully he'll remove "proven punks" from his circle of friends.
...'nuff said.
Tough lesson. People like you need to be less judgemental based on sensationalized media. Your effort
to appear educated only comes through typical kneejerk (emphasize jerk) response based on limited facts. Find a life outside of typecasting using slanted news reports and character slander defined by limited knowledge. You are a classic example of someone with no life and minimal hope for success so you abuse others to make yourself feel better. Small minds =.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tampa General Hospital Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Armed Robber Shot by Tampa Police Officer Dies (Oct '14) Oct '14 Harry 1
News Child suffers severe burns following New Year's... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Joey Bishop 1
News Deputies investigate Plant City home invasion, ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 collin 1
News Coral snake antivenin supply dwindles (Oct '13) Oct '13 Snake-antivenin r... 1
News Born Dependent on Opioids (Dec '12) May '13 glownshow 3
News Tampa Shooting Lands 4 in the Hospital, 2 Critical (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ken 1
News Pill mills' effects showing up in neonatal unit... (Mar '12) Apr '12 Rehab 5
More from around the web