Ghost Solution Suite 2.0 clone failure

Ghost Solution Suite 2.0 clone failure

Posted in the Symantec Forum

IT supporter

Jordanstown, UK

#1 Mar 26, 2007
Trying to use Ghost Solution Suite 2.0 to clone a Windows XP pc. Have successfully uploaded an image, and cloned a pc, but when I tried to do it again, the ghost program bombed out with the error message:-

general protection fault in rmcb at eip4pe5f; flags 3016 ...

Has anyone had this? any ideas?

(the same set up works with the earlier version of Ghost)

Many thanks
David Alvarado O

San José, Costa Rica

#2 Mar 27, 2007
Hello,
I have a rare problem, I am trying to backup a Fedora PC, I am using ghost solution suite v2.0, I made the boot wizard to greate a network boot package with a static IP, I don´t have any DHCP server in my company. when the graphic interface turns on and when I go to multicats option y recived the error 19913 (Application error 19913 - Cannot find DHCP server), somebody knows what is happening?
Schul-Support-Se rvice

Hamburg, Germany

#3 May 3, 2007
We have the same problem. The problem occurs mainly with gigabit cards and only if there is no DHCP-server present. It does not matter whether we work with a bootcd created from networkbootdisk or with a ghost bootdisk with the newest driver (RTL 8169 - Gigabit). If you use a static IP it is impossible to use the network options, no matter if you try peer to peer or multicasting.
If you use a static IP adress AND have DHCP running, the static IP is replaced by one from the DHCP server as soon as you choose multicast or other network dependent clone methods.
Only solution so far - Use a dhcp server. We are thinking about buying a few thousand licenses for the schools in Hamburg, but with this bug we may rethink this. There are far too many schools were it is just too much of an effort to put up a dhcp server. Using static IP adresses should work (also with gigabit cards).
David Alvarado O wrote:
Hello,
I have a rare problem, I am trying to backup a Fedora PC, I am using ghost solution suite v2.0, I made the boot wizard to greate a network boot package with a static IP, I don´t have any DHCP server in my company. when the graphic interface turns on and when I go to multicats option y recived the error 19913 (Application error 19913 - Cannot find DHCP server), somebody knows what is happening?
Klaus Jakobsen

Denmark

#4 May 8, 2007
We have a different problem with Ghost 2.0 solution suite. If we use it to clone a computer which has some bad sectors, we can't clone it to a new destination, or even view all of the image file using Ghost Explorer.

Using the ol' ghost 7 (never throw away old versions!!!), no problems what so ever.

What's up with the new ghost 11? If someone "upstairs" ask if we have secure backups of our computers, I can't say "yes" and mean it anymore.
nagash6666

Cesson-sévigné, France

#5 Jul 1, 2008
Hello IT supporter,

Two day's ago i had the same problem that you : when i was tring to clone my 42 brand new computer i had an error message : general protection fault in rmcb at eip4pe5f.....

But i found a solution (may be it won't work with you): I had to go into BIOS of the computer and change the line ATA/IDE mode from legacy to native
(that change deactvated my SATA DvDRom so i had to use floppy ghost boot disk) Then into floppy i had to add into the file autoexec.bat, after the line ghost.exe, the parameter -FNI. And in that way every clone worked great

After the ghost don't forget to rechange the BIOS line ATA/IDE mode to legacy

Good luck
Stanchester IT tech

Bath, UK

#6 Aug 15, 2008
IT supporter wrote:
Trying to use Ghost Solution Suite 2.0 to clone a Windows XP pc. Have successfully uploaded an image, and cloned a pc, but when I tried to do it again, the ghost program bombed out with the error message:-
general protection fault in rmcb at eip4pe5f; flags 3016 ...
Has anyone had this? any ideas?
(the same set up works with the earlier version of Ghost)
Many thanks
I have just been asking Datek Solutions the benefits of upgrading from Solution Suite 1.0 to 2.5, no response so far but he is finding out about licences as there has been changes, how many do you have?

Hope you can help me, there are old images on server 2003 which I can ghost from, but I cannot create an image for a new HP desktop running XP, have installed sysprep and Ghost solution suite V1.0. When I go to create new image there is nothing there.
Many thanks
amit

Bhopal, India

#7 Nov 22, 2008
how many type create new ghost
marlin joy

Philippines

#9 Jun 23, 2011
hi like me for you torn hahahaha...':))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Symantec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Internet Destroyed Our Privacy. Anonyome La... Nov '16 jangkrik 1
Help Please! NAV won't TELL me Virus' name so I... (Nov '07) Sep '16 Yolanda Brame 3
Rebate card balance (May '10) Nov '15 RECraig 31
Replacement for Ghost 15 (Jun '15) Jun '15 billysubs 1
rebates (May '15) May '15 disappointed cust... 1
Symantec Visa Rebate card (Nov '06) Apr '15 Darlene Thompson 184
News Free Download: Norton Antivirus 2013, Norton In... (Jun '12) Dec '14 jummon 8
More from around the web