Symantec Antivirus Lu1863 error
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alex

Melbourne, Australia

#21 Jun 17, 2008
This has solved my problem:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/3013...

Cheers
Marcel

Itapevi, Brazil

#22 Aug 8, 2008
Tom wrote:
I've got WinXp with more than 30GB left of the partion where Norton is placed but there is despite the LU 1863 error
reinstall Live Update doesn't help
do anyone of you have a solution?
probaly the web filtering solution is blocking.
I put symantecliveupdate site on my White list and live update works.

thks
FHQURESHI

Karachi, Pakistan

#23 Dec 11, 2008
I M USING WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS AND INSTALLED SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS VER.10 BUT WHEN I WANT TO LIVE UPDATE IT GIVES ME ERROR LU1863-INSUFFICIENT DISK SPACE. COULD ANYBODY HELP ME IN RESOLVING THIS ERROR ..............
Elchin Nazarov

Baku, Azerbaijan

#25 Jun 8, 2009
Check your Proxy Server or tell your Administrator allow symantec download site,
Alejandro

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#26 Sep 21, 2009
I had same error message, came in here and whitelisted (*.symantecliveupdate) in GFI webmonitor and now it works. So thanks all for the help!
the king

Bronx, NY

#27 Mar 29, 2010
To fix the issue with the LU1863: Insufficient Disk Space, uninstall the LiveUpdate. Then go to this link from the Symantec website and download and install the "lusetup.exe" install file for the newest LiveUpdate and then then update, did this successsfully!
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/ english_us_canada/liveupdate/
Jijo C Valliyara

UAE

#28 May 23, 2010
Details:
If ISA Server 2004 and GFI Web Monitor or any such software or utility that filters or blocks web content installed, the following error can occur during LiveUpdate.(Figure 1)

Figure 1

GFI Web Monitor inserts an extra step in the download process to virus scan the downloaded files before releasing them to the user. This extra step can cause the LU1863 error because it blocks direct downloading.

Solution:

If it is not necessary to have GFI Web Monitor installed then uninstall it

OR

add "* liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com " in the white list of the Web Monitor.
Enock -Mombasa

Nairobi, Kenya

#29 Jun 9, 2010
When i run liveupdate on Symantec Server,it brings this error "LU1863:There is not enough free disk space for LiveUpdate to operate properly".
My Server still has 6.70GB of free space.
What can i do?
jeek

Dunfermline, UK

#30 Sep 8, 2010
Hi,

Im having this same problem but with an internal server. Has anyone else experiance this?
shady

Cairo, Egypt

#31 Oct 2, 2010
thanks SAM
it is work

Since: Feb 12

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#32 Feb 18, 2012
Sam wrote:
Beware if you are using GFI Webmonitor or any internet gateway URL scanning products.
You have to bypass scanning for the following liveupdate URL
*.symantecliveupdate.com
Many thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Symantec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Internet Destroyed Our Privacy. Anonyome La... (Nov '16) Nov '16 jangkrik 1
Help Please! NAV won't TELL me Virus' name so I... (Nov '07) Sep '16 Yolanda Brame 3
Rebate card balance (May '10) Nov '15 RECraig 31
Replacement for Ghost 15 (Jun '15) Jun '15 billysubs 1
rebates (May '15) May '15 disappointed cust... 1
Symantec Visa Rebate card (Nov '06) Apr '15 Darlene Thompson 184
News Free Download: Norton Antivirus 2013, Norton In... (Jun '12) Dec '14 jummon 8
More from around the web