Symantec Antivirus could not collect ...

Symantec Antivirus could not collect all the log data for client

Posted in the Symantec Forum

tried21

Lawrencetown, Canada

#1 Jan 29, 2008
I have removed symantec client from symantec server and I also removed symantec antivirus from client computer. After that I have reinstalled symantec client at the Symantec server. However, same problem, i.e. Antivirus could not collect all the log data from the selected computers. Please help to solve this problem.
vrattlesnake

Fremont, CA

#2 Sep 13, 2008
You don't have to install SAV client on a Symantec server in the first place.
Skribbla

Rome, Italy

#3 Oct 14, 2008
go to this link and follow the instructions from symantec http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-secu...

if after the previous solutions fail u.. "what i did rather" i had the same problem i uninstalled symantec antivirus and installed mcafee and updated it and then i scanned the whole pc.. thats full scan boot sectors memory THE WORKS!!! with no compromise delete all threats no quarantine and stuff and since then i always turned of System Retore (IT SUCKS!!!!) I GOT LOTS OF VIRUSES and when i installed cliet symantec back on and connected it to the symantec server everything worked beautifully!!!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Symantec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Internet Destroyed Our Privacy. Anonyome La... (Nov '16) Nov '16 jangkrik 1
Help Please! NAV won't TELL me Virus' name so I... (Nov '07) Sep '16 Yolanda Brame 3
Rebate card balance (May '10) Nov '15 RECraig 31
Replacement for Ghost 15 (Jun '15) Jun '15 billysubs 1
rebates (May '15) May '15 disappointed cust... 1
Symantec Visa Rebate card (Nov '06) Apr '15 Darlene Thompson 184
News Free Download: Norton Antivirus 2013, Norton In... (Jun '12) Dec '14 jummon 8
More from around the web