A few pennies for your thoughts _ and...

A few pennies for your thoughts _ and credit card; study says s...

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 13, 2009, titled A few pennies for your thoughts _ and credit card; study says s.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

One economy apparently isn't hurting these days - the one run by identity thieves in the dark corners of the Internet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Tiny Tim

AOL

#1 Apr 14, 2009
With all of the identity theft that we are reading about anymore, how does one know where to go to fix their computer? If we take it to the "Geek Squad" or any other computer store to have the computer repaired or "tuned-up", how can we be assured that our information (Passwords, financial information, social security numbers) won't be stolen by the person who is working on the computer? Most of these computer repair people who might be tempted to sell your information to someone else. Where do we go to have our computers worked on and yet can feel safe?
oggie

Denver, CO

#2 Jun 11, 2009
Best bet is to tune and fix your own. I've always done this cause it's easy to do.

Try reading up on it and watching a few videos, some on CNET are a good start.
Stanislaus

Barcelona, Spain

#3 Jun 12, 2009
Hi
abhishek

Bangalore, India

#4 Sep 13, 2009
hi this is useful

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Symantec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Internet Destroyed Our Privacy. Anonyome La... (Nov '16) Nov '16 jangkrik 1
Help Please! NAV won't TELL me Virus' name so I... (Nov '07) Sep '16 Yolanda Brame 3
Rebate card balance (May '10) Nov '15 RECraig 31
Replacement for Ghost 15 (Jun '15) Jun '15 billysubs 1
rebates (May '15) May '15 disappointed cust... 1
Symantec Visa Rebate card (Nov '06) Apr '15 Darlene Thompson 184
News Free Download: Norton Antivirus 2013, Norton In... (Jun '12) Dec '14 jummon 8
More from around the web