A few pennies for your thoughts _ and credit card; study says s...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

One economy apparently isn't hurting these days - the one run by identity thieves in the dark corners of the Internet.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Tiny Tim

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

With all of the identity theft that we are reading about anymore, how does one know where to go to fix their computer? If we take it to the "Geek Squad" or any other computer store to have the computer repaired or "tuned-up", how can we be assured that our information (Passwords, financial information, social security numbers) won't be stolen by the person who is working on the computer? Most of these computer repair people who might be tempted to sell your information to someone else. Where do we go to have our computers worked on and yet can feel safe?
oggie

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Best bet is to tune and fix your own. I've always done this cause it's easy to do.

Try reading up on it and watching a few videos, some on CNET are a good start.
Stanislaus

Barcelona, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Hi
abhishek

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

hi this is useful

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••