Symantec's Thompson Eyed for Commerce Secretary

Jan 16, 2009 Full story: PC Magazine

Software company president John Thompson is one of two candidates under consideration to be U.S. commerce secretary, the last vacancy in President-elect Barack Obama 's prospective cabinet, a source familiar ...

Full Story
LeRoy

Independence, MO

#1 Jan 21, 2009
John Thompson speaks with a forked tongue.

He recently said, "Clearly we need to get the financial engine running -- but we also have to make sure that in that process we create as many jobs as possible -- that we put Americans back to work.

Someone needs to ask Mr. Thompson how he can publicly say this while in the shadows of his company, many jobs are being outsourced to India AT THE SAME TIME I AM POSTING THIS COMMENT!!!

John Thompson should be ashamed of himself for pandering the Obama administration while he secretly gives the American Dream away just to make additional profit for his stock holders.

This is NOT the kind of person we need Commerce Secretary! We need someone who actually cares about the American people--the working class that makes his hansom salary and generous stock options possible.

Or is it your intention to put these outsourced employees back to work, Mr. Thompson? How about publicly answering THAT question.

Redemption is always possible you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Symantec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebate card balance (May '10) Sep '14 HeatherQ 27
Symantec failed to remove Sejo worm Jul '14 Mahadevan 1
Symantec Visa Rebate card (Nov '06) Jul '14 clifford hoem 183
Census, cyber, satellites and soccer Jun '14 other poop 1
In a technological upset, Obama bests Clinton (Mar '08) Apr '14 fayebryant00 3
Global Mobile Device Management Enterprise Soft... (Sep '13) Sep '13 RichardBrown12 1
Informatica appoints executive vice president a... (Sep '13) Sep '13 sudheer141 1

Symantec People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE