Here's the fix!
1. Click Start > Run.
2. Type regedit and click OK
3. Go to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setu p
4. Delete the AuditInProgress key.
5. Go to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi crosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
6. Delete the AuditInProgress key.(NOTE: I did this key was missing)
7. Restart the computer and try again.
Here's where I found the fix:
http://www.technipages.com/norton-antivirus-e...
I've looked in both of these directories and don't see the AuditInProgress in either places. I've reinstalled, uninstalled, restarted, etc. Checked these two directories. I don't see those keys. And, it's still freezing up. So, could anyone help with this further??
clark petrillo

Slatington, PA

#230 Mar 15, 2008
Norton antivirus 2008 sucks....in order to install it one has to uninstall Norton Anti spam....no way around it....You would think that
Norton would say so on the box or in there advertising...next time I go with a different
vendor
Norton Sucks

Casar, NC

#231 Mar 23, 2008
We called customer service with Norton today. I was trying to upgrade from Norton 2006 on my parents' computer, but it kept crashing.
First thing this unintelligible Indian does, once he gets control of the computer, is go for the registry editor. I immediately yank the mouse away from the start menu and cancel the order.
Chris

New Rochelle, NY

#232 Apr 14, 2008
Norton crashed my system, had to get it reimaged - now it's not recognizing the lastest update of Norton that I purchased in December - I'm getting messages that my system is not fully protected. I refuse to purchase this again - anyone no how I can get this issue resolved?
rajiv

Vadodara, India

#233 Apr 26, 2008
my pc hang in raninig program
Joan Doran UK

London, UK

#234 May 4, 2008
We all seem to agree that Norton gives us a lot of grief, but can anyone suggest a better product and hopefully we can boycot Symantec and their product might be improved, as a result
Ajee

Bangalore, India

#235 May 14, 2008
Hi,
Can I try to help you? If you have already reported any issues with Symantec support team, can I have your Ref ID. I will review them and will get back to you.
Thanks,
Ajee
Joan Doran UK wrote:
We all seem to agree that Norton gives us a lot of grief, but can anyone suggest a better product and hopefully we can boycot Symantec and their product might be improved, as a result
mahmoud

Egypt

#236 Aug 25, 2008
norton 2007 wwehre way the activshan
Adam Alias

Tucson, AZ

#237 Sep 26, 2008
I don't have as serious a problem, however, when the webpage to upgrade to v2 loads up, the text "leave this page open, download will begin automatically". It never does, And I wanted to know if anyone else had this problem as well.
John NC

Newton, NC

#238 Oct 12, 2008
Trying to install Norton Internet Security 2009 on Windows XP. I start the installation and my screen says there is another installer installing at this time, try again later, but I alwaya get this message. I did notice that Microsoft keeps trying to get into thier system with their security but I now have it shut off. If anyone has any idea please post it on this site.
CAn Tuku

Brisbane, Australia

#240 Jan 4, 2009
Symantec-the creators of Norton Internet Security has a Running SCAM!!
Something terribly wrong is happening over at symantec and Iím afraid it's not good. I was once a big fan of norton internet security software, but now I have my doubts about the way this company is doing business and believe they have come up with a way to rip people off

I recently had to purchase the 2009 edition of norton because my 2008 edition was deactivated - for which I still had at least 6 months left. Before I knew it I had a virus, which apparently (according to the norton techs) attacks internet security programs and disables them.. WHAT!!- but isn't their software suppose to prevent that from happening!

Anywayís I brought the 2009 edition eager to get it installed on my computer to prevent any further virusís and hopefully clean up my computer of any other virusís. Well that didnít happen did it - I couldnít even activate the 2009 edition because there was a virus somewhere on my computer that wouldnít allow it to be activated. SO!! What was I suppose to do now?.. What else!! I had to make a 1800 call to the people at symantec to tell them that their 2009 edition of Norton was not responding. They had explained to me about the virus that apparently attacks Internet Security programs and told me the only way that I could get rid of this virus was thru their other 1800 number which would hooked me up with their tech guys at Symantec who understood the virus better than anyone else in the world - but of course I would have to pay AU$135.00 upfront for the service. WHAT!!. Well, I waited on the phone for 2 and a half hours that afternoon still wasnít sure whether or not I was going to get serviced at all and thinking I just handed over my credit card details and paid the sum of AU$135.00 over the phone so the tech guys at Symantec could access my computer remotely and it clean up.
So, I was ripped off roughly 6 months of my 2008 edition of Norton Internet SecurityI paid an additional AU$95.00 for my (Redeemable Cashback offer) 2009 edition
And paid an additional AU$135.00 and possibly a lengthy 1800 phone call bill (yet to come)

This was a very expensive weekend for me and it will be the last time I have anything to do with Norton.
I would love to hear from others who have also gone thru this ordeal and would love some advice on how I can get justice. Shame on you Symantec!!

I will make it my mission to stop this dirty little scam you run

CAN
(Crusade Against Norton)
Jas

Honiara, Solomon Islands

#242 Nov 1, 2009
I want to install a norton antivirus 2009 to a computer with not internet connection. How can i activate this product?
trevor

Sydney, Australia

#243 Dec 16, 2009
norton get ur act together would not reccomend it to anyone, sorry but thats the truth
susanjq

Fremont, CA

#244 Dec 7, 2010
Stay a step ahead of threats to your PC with fast, powerful protection. Norton AntiVirus 2011 detects and eliminates viruses, spyware, and other threats lying in wait to infect your PC, so you can chat, email, and share files safely. It provides rock-solid protection against hidden threats lurking in downloads, emails, and instant messages without slowing down your PC's performance. The result? You'll spend less time waiting for slow scans that bog down your computer and have more time to chat, download your favorite tunes and videos, and hang out at social networking sites.

http://www.vogsoft.com/discount/windows/secur...

[b]Big Sale[/b]: There is a good chance to buy the best Norton AntiVirus which is on discount now. Its regular price is $39.99, now you need to pay Only $25.49(36.26% OFF). Buy Norton AntiVirus with discount coupon, donít miss the boat.
Coupons - Special Offer
Anti Tracks(14.99% discount coupon)
BitDefender 2011 Antivirus Pro3Yr1PC(15.00% discount coupon)
Webroot Antivirus with Antispyware(49.69% OFF)
BitDefender 2011 Antivirus Pro1Yr 5PC(14.99% discount coupon)
McAfee Total Protection(84.62% discount coupon)
Comodo Antivirus Special Edition(22.31% discount coupon)
BitDefender 2011 Total Security2Yr 3PC(15.00% discount coupon)
Spyware Doctor(15.03% discount coupon)
ESET Nod32 Antivirus(20.54% OFF)
Norton AntiVirus(36.26% OFF)
and much, much more...
More discounting Anti Virus Softwares, please visit http://www.vogsoft.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Symantec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebate card balance (May '10) Jun '15 joe 28
Replacement for Ghost 15 Jun '15 billysubs 1
rebates May '15 disappointed cust... 1
Symantec Visa Rebate card (Nov '06) Apr '15 Darlene Thompson 185
News Free Download: Norton Antivirus 2013, Norton In... (Jun '12) Dec '14 jummon 8
Symantec failed to remove Sejo worm (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mahadevan 1
News Census, cyber, satellites and soccer (Jun '14) Jun '14 other poop 1
More from around the web