Norton Anti-Virus 2009 Downloaded upg...

Norton Anti-Virus 2009 Downloaded upgrade

Posted in the Symantec Forum

John Low

Slough, UK

#1 Nov 16, 2008
I upgraded my Norton anti-virus via a download from their website to the 2009 version. This promptly conflicted with XP Pro with SP3 installed. Although it would load and run for a while on start up it would then shut itself down and refuse to function until computer re-start. I contacted their on-line support via chat and foolishly allowed their technician access to sort out the problem from their end. \he managed to destroy my local area network altered numerous settings in the BIOS and despite help from three different industry experts I can no longer access the internet or my emails. The only help received after complaining was a suggestion to contact my ISP they have not been able to fix the problem either. The lesson learnt is. 1. Never ever use Norton Products again. 2. never ever let their support people into your computer. 3. Tell as many people as you can to avoid Norton products and use the windows version which is compatible with all windows modern systems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Symantec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebate card balance (May '10) Nov '15 RECraig 31
Replacement for Ghost 15 (Jun '15) Jun '15 billysubs 1
rebates (May '15) May '15 disappointed cust... 1
Symantec Visa Rebate card (Nov '06) Apr '15 Darlene Thompson 184
News Free Download: Norton Antivirus 2013, Norton In... (Jun '12) Dec '14 jummon 8
Symantec failed to remove Sejo worm (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mahadevan 1
News Census, cyber, satellites and soccer (Jun '14) Jun '14 other poop 1
More from around the web