Lenore, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2010

Hello former Sykes brothers!

I am Andrew and I used to work in Pikeville on the help desk for that large ISP account we used to have! I really need to locate pikevilles original and last call center managers contact info. See I was an exceptional employee and I solved lots of problems, but the only people that know that are my former bosses or maybe whoever monitored my calls. If they are still employed I would like to track their business numbers down so I can use them for refrences, also I need to know what phone number to use for employee verification. It used to be in florida I think but that number is no longer active.

I just want to verify my employment guys and possibly get a good refrence if possible. Seems the least that could be done after shipping our jobs to India.. sorry but that was wrong. I hope you guys have moved back over here.

I"m sorry if our centers performance was sub standard, at the end I think it may have been. But that is because politics in job advancment. There were very intelligent and bright people that applied for the instructor position, they were turned down maybe it was lack of a college degree. But the person that got the job, was a great employee but had a hard time teaching the next classes, thus performance slacked. It was the beginning of the end.. then the stock thing happened and I knew our jobs were toast lol.

But I want you guys to know I served you well, I may be a little angry but its only because I liked working for you guys so much and I loved my job. I would say Pikeville call centers help desk had some of the brightest and best problem solvers any ISP had ever had, shame there wasn't more of us.

But I want to wish you guys well, and to ask you to consider moving back into pikeville. Under different managment and learning from the past mistakes that center could be one of the best in the world. Though in my humble opinion it WAS the best tech support team in the world... from my experience at least lol.
zandon

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Who cares?
Pikeville A-team Alumni

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

I'd say the 500 former employees from that call center do. I'd say anyone that just loves calling tech support and getting the guy that can't speak english might care. I'd say anyone that has ever been swindled into buying stock that the company knows good and well is overpriced and about to crash cares.
I tell you the way that sykes left pikeville the least they could do is give an excellent reference for their employees.
zandon

Radford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

well I am on the one in virginia so still got my job :p
I was SYKES

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Apparrently SYKES is eliminating dedicated tenure employees, scraping bottom of the barrel to meet hiring expections. Creating hostile work enviroment under new management.

What happen to SYKES philosophy of taking care of employees?
Brian Jeppesen

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

I was SYKES wrote:
Apparrently SYKES is eliminating dedicated tenure employees, scraping bottom of the barrel to meet hiring expections. Creating hostile work enviroment under new management.
What happen to SYKES philosophy of taking care of employees?
I have to agree, I have worked with SYKES for over 10 years and found it to be not fair and unfriendly at the local center. I have dedicated my life to this company, then lost my job due to personal opinion of Regional Site Director. If he did not like someone, he did what ever it would take to get rid of that person, no matter what the cost.
Brian Jeppesen

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Since I have been with the company, I have found many flaws that need to be corrected. Our goal is client satisfaction, and in order to perform this task, we need to eliminate tenure employees and train new employees to our new standards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sykes Enterprises Discussions

Search the Sykes Enterprises Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who wants Ashley Miller cleaning at Hazard, Syk... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Skyes worker 4
Sykes Enterprises warns of 100 Colorado job cut... (Mar '10) Oct '12 jon 25
Need answers from current Sykes employees. (Jun '10) Oct '12 CLS Agent 4
Sykes Call Center on Schedule in Fort Smith (Mar '11) Mar '12 said the spider 8
Sykes Enterprises shrinking in Europe, Africa, ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 hmm 1
sykes in hazard (Apr '11) Apr '11 jams1170 2
Bismarck call center to lay off 100 workers at ... (May '10) May '10 yesitwashorrible 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••