Sykes Enterprises warns of 100 Colora...

Sykes Enterprises warns of 100 Colorado job cuts - Journal Advo...

There are 25 comments on the Journal-Advocate story from Mar 16, 2010, titled Sykes Enterprises warns of 100 Colorado job cuts - Journal Advo.... In it, Journal-Advocate reports that:

The outsourcing firm Sykes Enterprises Inc. has told Sterling-area officials that it plans to cut almost one-third of its jobs in the area by May 8. Tampa, Fla.-based Sykes told Sterling officials it planned to cut about 100 of its roughly 320 employees in Logan County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal-Advocate.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

United States

#1 Mar 16, 2010
This doesn't come as a shock to me I worked there for over 3 years. They lose accounts because they don't manage effectly and treat their employees like crud. I am sorry to hear about the jobs they are cutting, those who are affected are good people.
Wow

Sterling, CO

#2 Mar 16, 2010
That's just what Sterling needs, another company cutting jobs.
not supprised

Eagle, CO

#3 Mar 17, 2010
Right Guest, with the inept management at the site the last three years don't be supprised to see the site closed...
Sterlingite

Denver, CO

#4 Mar 18, 2010
I agree with guest. The management is horrible and they do treat their employees bad. I doubt the numbers. I would say they are cutting 2/3 of their workforce as there are only 2 very small accounts left. Sykes has no one to blame. The mismanagement has gone on for quite some time. I wouldn't be surprised if Sykes closed this facility like it did in Minot, ND.
Blame management

Eagle, CO

#5 Mar 18, 2010
Management at the top level at the site is not even close to qualified but has been promoted on the basis of age, gender and pay grade with the top jobs going to the least experienced. This has been the culture of the site since the latest site director has been in charge. I understand that they are being or are about to be see a law suit for gender and age bias.
Deep Stomach

Richmond, KY

#7 Mar 27, 2010
Morganfield Kentucky is next for the Sykes axe. They have just placed the info on how to apply for unemployment all over the building. The merger they just did will put hundreds in the food lines.
Management

Missoula, MT

#8 Mar 27, 2010
You complainers are just jellous cause we are ur bosses. you all just need to shut up and do your jobs.
juswondering

Arvada, CO

#9 Mar 27, 2010
Sykes is a friggen joke! They treat employees like school children, the absolutely ridiculous "point" system is assenine.

I have never been in a community where so many people have once worked for and been terminated from one company, you are a black eye to this community and perhaps closing the doors will not be so bad after all.

I await the many lawsuits that are coming your way, the "management" is a farce and is proof positive that, like cooking...scum does rise to the top.

Remember fools, you meet the same ones coming down as you did going up that ladder, not a pleasant prospect when you find yourselves out of a job. street.
citizen1

Fort Morgan, CO

#10 Mar 27, 2010
"Management"....no wonder Sykes is going under if your spelling is any indication of your management skills!
Just Wondering

Whitesburg, KY

#11 Apr 23, 2010
I'm just curious....

The attendance point system...

How many Sykes sites still use the point system? I've been told the point system has been phased out. Any current employees at any Sykes locations care to elaborate on their current attendance system?
Seriously

United States

#12 Apr 24, 2010
Maybe the empty building could be turned into another Chinese Food place :)
LoL

Greycliff, MT

#13 May 4, 2010
First of all "Management" learn how to spell...
I feel sorry for all the PPL that are losing their jobs, but look at the bright side Sykes gets to pay you until you find a new job.
I worked there for about 7 moths and "Management" is a big problem and so was HR. If you didn't get along with them or join their "little club" they gave you HeLL.(i know this first hand). And lets not forget OMD.
Anonymous

Glenside, PA

#14 Sep 14, 2010
This is the first I am reading this board. Can you tell me more about this "points system" and the politics you've run into?

""Management" is a big problem and so was HR. If you didn't get along with them or join their "little club" they gave you HeLL."

What problems did you encounter?
wow

Sterling, CO

#15 Sep 14, 2010
Management wrote:
You complainers are just jellous cause we are ur bosses. you all just need to shut up and do your jobs.
Maybe management should take some spelling classes.
mom

Missoula, MT

#16 Sep 14, 2010
How long will Sykes stay open? I realy hate to see anyone loose their jobs. It is hard on families and the comunity. Stop letting them send these jobs to other countries. Lets keep our money and jobs at home where we need them.
WTF

Brighton, CO

#17 Sep 16, 2010
Management wrote:
Funny! This person works in management and can't spell and obviously doesn't know how to use spell check! Go back to school!
Agent X

Dunmor, KY

#18 Feb 21, 2011
Management wrote:
Let me see you must be an ass kisser & a Brown noiser to say that.
the boss do nothing. They work harder to get out of work then doing any work.
Agent X

Dunmor, KY

#19 Feb 21, 2011
LoL wrote:
First of all "Management" learn how to spell...
I feel sorry for all the PPL that are losing their jobs, but look at the bright side Sykes gets to pay you until you find a new job.
I worked there for about 7 moths and "Management" is a big problem and so was HR. If you didn't get along with them or join their "little club" they gave you HeLL.(i know this first hand). And lets not forget OMD.
This is so true,OMD thinks they are GOD!!!. HR is a joke!!!
"Management" LOL
morganfield

Richmond, KY

#20 Mar 29, 2011
Morganfield ky site just gave 60 days notice of layoffs
MatrixGoneBad

Dunmor, KY

#21 Apr 20, 2011
Sykes Enterprises is the Great American Tax Scam. "Tampa-Based Sykes will build a call center in your community if invited.Be prepared to deed enough land for two call centers and provide enough incentives to equal at least $2.5 million."

Manhattan,Kansas Center - Closed 2004
Klamath Falls,Oregon Center - Closed 2004
Bismarck,North Dakota Center - Closed (1) Center 2002
Greeley, Colorado Center - Closed 2002
Milton-Freewater,Oregon Center - Closed 2004
Hays,Kansas Center - Closed 2004
Ada,Oklahoma Center - Closed 2004
Scottsbluff,Nebraska Center - Closed 2002
Hazard,Kentucky Center - Closed 2003
Pikeville,Kentucky Center - Closed 2004
Marianna,Florida Center - Closed 2004
Palatka,Florida Center - Closed 2004
Eveleth Minnesota Center - Closed 2002
Morganfield,Kentucky Center - Layoffs Closure Imminent 2011

While USA jobs in their call centers drop, their offshore centers have grown. With a growth of 51,000 employees, only 9,000 are left in the states, to include Canada. They CEO was given recognition by the Philippine Government as the pioneer for Call Center Industry in their country.

Once Syke's obligation has been fulfilled, they cut their ties and close shop. Basically it is a bait and switch, as they establish a re-pore with a client and integrate so deeply a transition offshore would be less painful than for the client to leave Sykes.

Respectively,
MatrixGoneBad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sykes Enterprises Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who wants Ashley Miller cleaning at Hazard, Syk... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Skyes worker 4
Need answers from current Sykes employees. (Jun '10) Oct '12 CLS Agent 4
Sykes former employee needing verification (Feb '10) Oct '12 Brian Jeppesen 7
News Sykes Call Center on Schedule in Fort Smith (Mar '11) Mar '12 said the spider 8
News Sykes Enterprises shrinking in Europe, Africa, ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 hmm 1
sykes in hazard (Apr '11) Apr '11 jams1170 2
News Bismarck call center to lay off 100 workers at ... (May '10) May '10 yesitwashorrible 1
More from around the web